PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Im New!!------!!!

MindTrain
04-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Hello! I recently found this website -- I liked it right away! I had a bit of a hard time with subscribing... but all is better now!

So a bit about myself is -- I have not had much formal training... I paint by feeling. Im looking forward to hopefully taking some classes soon but, until I can this is a great place! How wonderful to get critiques from all sorts of perspectives! I mostly paint... but enjoy using all mediums!

So I posted a few paintings...

The first is a work in progress of of Bob Dylan. I usually don't paint portraits -- for some reason I always felt more comfortable drawing the face w/pastels, pencils... but I am trying it out! I posted 2 pics because even though there is a big shine in the last one I think the colors I was trying to capture in the bottom righthand corner came out the best (I was really trying to capture what I see!) The 1st pic just sorta represents it a bit better... and its shiny.... (should I use natural light?)

If any has any tips for takings pics of work... please advise! I have a digi cam..

The 2nd is a daydream I had.

The 3rd I have entitled "Alien Sun" --

They are all done in acrylic... I have little experience with oils (which I hope to change)...

All opinions welcome!!!

Jessica

madrigle
04-02-2004, 11:30 PM
I recently found wc myself. You are going to love it here! So many truly talented people here to help you. I really enjoyed your piece "alien sun" I think it's a strong piece both in terms of composition and in your choice of color pallet.

James

Manjiree
04-03-2004, 12:00 AM
Iam also new but I think you are handling much better for a newly start.
Keep it up.
Manjiree

jnet11
04-03-2004, 12:20 AM
i'm diggin these alot, glad you found the place :D

Ali the Cat
04-03-2004, 09:57 AM
hi, welcome

Bob Dylan is one of my fav musicians :) I like the colours you have used in the painings and the effect coming off of his hands in the Bob Dylan painting.

bgreenaker
04-03-2004, 03:00 PM
:cool: Welcome to the forum. WC is my all time favorite place to visit, no matter what your interests are, there's a channel for it. I really like your work especially the daydream one-very nice keep posting!!! :clap: Betsy

Tamana
04-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Hello and welcome.

Nice free flow of design & vibrancy of color. Not too keen on the pink in the first one, not sure why -- but the overall painting still works. I like Dylan too... You should look up Gar; I think you would enjoy his play.

ordie4
04-05-2004, 08:22 AM
nice work

like the colorful
intensity of the
second and third.

that second one really
keeps your interest.
energetic & free-flowing

looking forward to more.