PDA

View Full Version : C A T

ptantono
09-01-2001, 06:51 AM
Hi,

I have just posted this in the Critiques Forums. I think I should post it again here.

Pastel, size 55 x 36 cm.
Hope you enjoy it. Any comments and critiques are appreciated.

Best regards,
Patricia:angel:

Timmer
09-04-2001, 07:50 PM
I really like your use of colors, especially on the chair woodwork. Nice soft tones of wood. The cat is adorable as are all kittens, he seems to have that squishy lazy kitty look. To me thats the best part of this painting. Wonderful!

Timmer

ptantono
09-05-2001, 08:29 AM
Thank you Timmer. I will do more cats from now on ;) .

TeAnne
09-07-2001, 06:37 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh sooooooooooooo cute :cat:
Thanks for the pm Pat. Yes, I am very much a cat person :cat:
He looks like my vinni-van when he was a kitten :cat:
I did one too if ya wanna see :D
Purcee (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18394)

Ohju
09-07-2001, 10:14 PM
Aww he's cute! I like the colors for the fabric and the pose he has. Nice painting I might say. :) :):)

ptantono
09-09-2001, 02:04 AM
I am happy that you like this TeAnne and Ju. There will be more cats from me in the future :D . I just cant get bore painting them :D :D :D .

ThinkSeeDraw
09-09-2001, 08:05 PM
I think this is adorable!!! :D But the only thing that bothers me is the kittens toes... they really need to be softened, so that it appears to be more of a shadow, it just jumps from light to dark right now.... Fix that and it will be perfect :D :D

ThinkSeeDraw
09-09-2001, 08:07 PM
ok, my bad, ooooooooooone more.... I think you should bring out the eyes more... make it the focal point.... it appears to have been done with a cream color, take a dive and toss some brilliant white on there, along with some other specks of white, so the reflection is not just in one place... Also the reflections that are on there aree in 2 different places, so it makes the kitty look a wee bit crosseyed :o I think this will really liven up this cute and adorable picture :D

dollardays
09-11-2001, 08:49 AM
Ooh, he is adorable. I love kittens. You did a great job on the fur detail. I cannot do fur in pastel at all! I have to agree about the eyes. (it's) left eye seems to be looking somewhere else-even the pupil is different from it's right. But he is still very cute, you have put him in a great place there- between the bars. :)
Nora

ptantono
09-11-2001, 09:10 AM
Thanks Darcy for the advice. Yes, I think you are right about the eyes, I will fix that. About the toes, did you mean the white shadow on the toes at the left ?

Nora, I used taper point to do the fur, it is like a pen made with rubber, ever heard that ? may be you would like to try.
I found in this piece that raw siena Tint 4 of Winsor is a bit difficult to blend and result is not as nice as others. I think it must be the pigments. Thanks Nora, I love kittens too , so as puppies. :)

ThinkSeeDraw
09-12-2001, 05:46 PM
I don't mean the white part, i mean, where it is in between toes, it is dark, and it should look more shadowy, cuz right now, it's like there's no fur around there, and it's like a solid figure. it just jumps from one color to the other, it should have the fur so the 2 colors will blend gradually, and transit from one color to the other better, not so suddenly, but more gradually.... u understand??? it's kinda hard 2 explain... but it would help a bunch

ptantono
09-13-2001, 09:52 AM
Yes, I understand what you meant now very well. I will add more fur there and blend a bit shadow between the toes. Thank you very much Darcy :) :) :) .

crazi4art
09-14-2001, 03:57 PM
hey,
that cat is so adorable. i want that picture in my room. i think cats are so cute. the colors you used are great. the picture is great, great job!

ptantono
09-15-2001, 12:54 AM
Thanks Crazi4art. :) Yes, cats are very cute little creature, we forgot our stress by looking at hem :) :) . Thanks again for a nice words.

Lulu
09-16-2001, 05:44 AM
Patricia, this is adorable! It has made me smile, and we can all do with plenty of those right now. Thanks!

ptantono
09-16-2001, 09:15 AM
Thanks Lulu. I hope it brings a little smile and happiness to you all in America.