PDA

View Full Version : C A T

ptantono
09-01-2001, 07:37 AM
Hello ,

This pastel was done last year. Size 55 x 36 cm.
Comments and advices are welcome :angel:

Patricia:)

jerryW
09-01-2001, 08:58 AM
good catness,
nice spiraling crossed gesture.
the overall composition is solid as well

Cindy
09-01-2001, 12:33 PM
Somehow the head looks unnaturally attached though... almost seperate from the body. Perhaps this was the unique pose?

ceEllicott
09-01-2001, 05:26 PM
I absolutely love this.
It has everything ---- I love the darks on top and bottom, and the contrast they make with the soft kitten.
And I'm baffled now -- how on earth did you get a pink blanket to compliment an orangy-oak colored board??? It looks awesome but I'd have thought those colors wouldn't work!
They must be very warm tones on both?

good work

cheryl

dornberg
09-01-2001, 10:31 PM
nice positioning
nice relation rocker and legs

wendee
09-02-2001, 12:21 AM
this is just lovely...:D :D

ptantono
09-02-2001, 10:04 AM
Thank you Jerry, the crossed gesture was the one that catched my eyes most and the reason I did this. :)

Yes Cindy, it was a unique post. His head was bigger and he pushed his head out from the back of the chair. :)

Cheryl, I thought pink would look soft on the kitten. I am learning from the artists in WC to be braver with colours which I was not very confidence before . I am happy that you like it. :)

Thank you Wanda and Dornberg for the nice comments :) :) .

I wonder where is TeAnne, she wouldnt want to miss any cat :D .

TeAnne
11-18-2001, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by ptantono

I wonder where is TeAnne, she wouldnt want to miss any cat :D .
I'm sure I replied to this cutie in another thread a long time ago. :D
I love him :cat:

ShakesWilson
11-19-2001, 11:32 PM
Really good, great. maybe alittle more color in the eyes not much just enough to give them that eerie cat thing. Now for an irrilavant rant unrelated to this painting.

I hates cats. They give me the creeps. They are a waste of fur. Sorry had to be sad. My sanity wouldn't have allowed to let that pass. But nice painting.

ptantono
11-26-2001, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TeAnne
[B]
I'm sure I replied to this cutie in another thread a long time ago. :D

Yes TeAnne, you have replied in another thread for this cutie of mine about 2 months ago :D . I posted this thread more than 2 months ago ;) .

Thanks ShakesWilson for the nice comment and advice, though you hate cats :D . I received the same advice for the eye in another thread, I will put a bit white on them. Thanks again. :)