PDA

View Full Version : Alien Puppet Masters.

David Acres
09-01-2001, 07:30 AM
I quite often see Aliens in my Automatic work!:)
Although no fanatic, I have read & seen some very interesting stuff on UFO's & X-file type stuff!
This one had a hotdog in his hand originally, then this became a scroll or contract!:)
It is loosely about the rumours that governments have a "deal" with the Visitors, to look the other way in exchange for high technology!:)

It's acrylic, then oil. It should have more work, but I've lost interest in it and may even recycle it!? This alien stuff, is it seen as sophmoric? Or is it merely a sign of the times?:)

David Acres
09-01-2001, 07:34 AM
Here's the pic, sorry!:(

jerryW
09-01-2001, 09:07 AM
this could be a bigbadlawyer
this could be a nastybusinessman
you could be right we are now invaded.
I like the water from the head and background energy

ejfarrae
09-01-2001, 12:06 PM
i don't think any art should be dismissed as sophomoric. if you like something then you like it. this is a very arresting image.

Cindy
09-01-2001, 12:19 PM
It is interesting to look at!

mclaughlin
09-01-2001, 12:31 PM
Hi David,

is that an alien ? Then it's time to leave this appartement-building. Last week a whole family looking like that moved in.
I thought, they'd be from munich, hihi.

Serious now. I like all that strange stuff going on in your art.
Please paint faster and post more.

Have a nice week-end
ML:clap: :clap:

mcknight
09-01-2001, 12:39 PM
I can always tell a Dave Acres when I see one. Your style and subject matter are so unique that there can never be any question who the artist is. Keep up the compelling work. How have oil and acrylic been used here?

Dave

LornaM
09-01-2001, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by David Acres
,This alien stuff, is it seen as sophmoric? Or is it merely a sign of the times?:)

weŽll know the answer to that after weŽve been colonized... i wouldnŽt recycle...save it. later on you can prove you were an early convert. on the other hand, it is art worthy. the angels of venice might agree...

giniaad
09-01-2001, 08:56 PM
this is fun stuff
particularly like the guy looking up at him

ginia

alva
09-01-2001, 09:11 PM
Good stuff as usual David, and style that is uniquely your own. Have you checked out the 'free your brain' site, this kinda relates to it. thanks for posting this. regards, alva

Impulse
09-02-2001, 01:10 AM
very cool stuff
my alient friend

(sorry miltz, apparently
there are at least
two aliens)