PDA

View Full Version : More forks

happylsds
04-02-2004, 09:43 AM
Here's some drink forks I was working on yesterday.

Did you every have a day where you were watching the tempature go down in the kiln, anxiously awaiting the moment when you can pull out your "best beads ever"? You just knew that the glass was flowing just right - you were totally "in the zone" and doing the little happy dance when you took a break.

Then finally you pull out the kiln door to reveal.....four decent beads (definately NOT the "best ever") and a handful of others that are not only crappy, but not even crappy enough to be truely glorious fugglies!?! You look back in the kiln sure that there must be something else in there, then look under the kiln - maybe they dropped - but no, only four decent beads..... :rolleyes:

I spent all day working out the shape for these, and I guess I "forgot" about all the crap that I annealed - 'cause you never know, sometimes the kiln fairy is kind, and the ones that broke, or went to their watery graves.

So here they are....the grand unveiling...

happylsds
04-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Oh gosh, even the pictures of those poor little beads are bad....off to make more, hopefully the next "grand unveiling" is better!

Diane S.
04-02-2004, 09:54 AM
:clap: :clap: Laura I think they are great,love the colors & shapes!1 You are your own worst critic,as the saying goes.
Keep torching---Diane

quill
04-02-2004, 10:13 AM
I love the colors & shapes too. Great idea!

xoticbead
04-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Laura
Those are not only great I think they are very, very unique. Give yourself a break and look at them from the a buyers point of view. We all seem to be our own worst critic.
Liz :clap:

happylsds
04-02-2004, 10:59 AM
I think is was just the disapointment of checking the darn kiln every 10 minutes for 3 hours (why does it take so long to go from 300 to 100 anyway!) only to open up to 4 decent beads!

Today is going much better, now that I have the shape down, I can make them a little quicker. I think part of my buzz yesterday was the thrill of getting close, closer, then finially getting the shape I was after. Now I can concentrate more on color (the fun part). :D

Thanks for all the encouragement!

Briatha
04-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Laura don't be so hard on yourself they are awesome!
I can't wait to see more of them :)

Nolly
04-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Laura,

You might want to check on the tech forum, but I've heard that some folks crack the kiln at 500 degrees and let it cool to room temp with the door open ... I tried it and had no terrible results.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Nolly