PDA

View Full Version : TGIF 4/2 Show & Tell

Teri.p
04-02-2004, 01:18 AM
Are you getting tired of seeing these ginghams yet? Hope not, this is the latest version.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2004/23019-Image001.jpg

Teri

jujeebeads
04-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Teri~your beads are always pretty, plaid or not!

I haven't been terribly productive this week, but I was in a playful mood. I thought I would try one of those chickies in a hollow....well, the hollow didn't go so well, so I turned it into this. entertaining if anything!

Judy:cat:

Briatha
04-02-2004, 02:08 AM
Teri I LOVE the ginghams!!! :clap: More! More! :clap:
Judy Kewl!!

Back to my usual lentils :angel:
Golden Dwarven Gems and Olive (etched) Hyanda.

Lori Peterson
04-02-2004, 02:34 AM
Teri - I will NEVER get tired of those ginghams. You are fab!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Judi - way cool. That technique has some potential too, don't ya think?
Faith - sweeeeeet! I love that gems series you have.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2004/12192-3littlefishies.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2004/12192-kidlet15.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2004/12192-kidlet14.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2004/12192-evelyn.jpg

Tink
04-02-2004, 04:03 AM
I thought I'd crawl out of my little hole to show you guys some of what I've been up to. Oh how I love EDP...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2004/10179-largo.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2004/10179-tocco9b.jpg

LLuvia Brito
04-02-2004, 04:19 AM
Tink, Beautiful set! That is EDP?

I've been playing with Amazon Bronze and Teal carnival some more, I'm in love with both colors! The rectangle focal is a warm yellow base with layers of amazon bronze. The round focal is teal carnival with dots of yellow, encased in stripes. The last photo is another rectangle focal bead, I've been having a lot of fun with these! :D

Tink
04-02-2004, 04:29 AM
Yep! EDP! In my quest to master the Kugler 218 brilliant gold dots (at which I'm failing miserably, I should mention) I'm learning patience and control (ha) which is coming in handy for working with other types of glass. EDP has possibilities that I didn't realize before, and I am totally loving it!

Amazon Bronze and Teal Carnival are two of my favorite colors! Beautiful work, Lluvia!

nursekatie
04-02-2004, 06:35 AM
Always a great start to my day!! Beautiful work everyone!! I only made 4 beads last night....and it turns out I only like one of them.....so...this is a nice place to come to see some great things!!

A few I did last week.......the pastel one is enameled stringer.....that was fun :) I hope it is a great day for all...........tgif.......and......uugghh...spring break starting......I think kids should go to school 12 months a year :evil:

georgepavliscak
04-02-2004, 06:59 AM
How about a few Marbles?

Jennifer Geldard
04-02-2004, 07:41 AM
A quick drive-by for me today...
I've got to get the little one off to school...
Playing with reactives and silver:

dread
04-02-2004, 07:42 AM
OMG everthing is so wonderful - how is it that everyday someone can come up with something so different ? wow
Glad to see a chick in an egg !
George your marbles are absolutely wonderful - in awe

Well test 2 for painted beads last night - they passed no crackage this time - took my time and heated them better than last time
This time fish on clear - will probably make aquarium beads..... small cat (not clear but its a cat) a cat head - again just testers to see if I can do it - hopeing to screen own images onto glass this weekend and handpaint -

GinaJ
04-02-2004, 08:24 AM
WOW, another great day in Beadville! Everyone's work is fabulous! Here's mine for today (pictures are awful, it was SNOWING yesterday)......

Moth
04-02-2004, 09:33 AM
Show and tell is one of the highlights of my mornings!

Here are two remakes I made after not being happy with yesterday's floral for the custom order. These are both 30mm long.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2004/24464-latticinoinvegas2o.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2004/24464-blueskiesandsunshine2o.JPG

~~Mary

DesertDreamer
04-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Wow great eye candy everyone! Good thing it doesn't cause cavities.

Judy, that egg is so clever!

Here's my FIRST EVER floral set, made for an Ebay customer who won the center bead on auction. I think I need a week to recover!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2004/11920-PurpleRoses.jpg

Virginia L.
04-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Hello everyone, thanks so much for today's eyecandy. Such inspiration. I am just gonna post a couple from the day before yesturday - yesturday I got to drive down and Meet Pam, WOW, I swear she lives in heaven on earth, and her work stations, (yes that is stations) and toys to play with would be the envy of any bead and jewelry maker...I sure hope she starts to post her work, it is WONDERBAR!!!! She and her mother-in-law were such a pleasure to meet, so generouse and graciouse. Thanks to her I now have a oxyconcentrator and hope to have things set up by tomorrow, so I can use my minor...The first bead is hopefully, my bye, bye bead, to my hot head...it is 40mm by 25mm. The next bead, I am just sick that the bead release broke, cause I could not finish shaping it...It is two and a half inches long and if you live in the Pacific NW, you know about all these bays and inlets we have here...I am so proud of this bead, cause it looks like you could get in a kayak and go all over inside there....I hope you all have a wonderful day - God Bless - Virginia L.

taneres
04-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Hi everybody,

Those gingham beads are great. I enjoy seeing them.
And that chicky in the egg....I nearly spewed my scrambled ones all over!!
(Sorry for no names....I'm going on my memory here.)
Tink....I'm with you, I can't get gold out of my gold either, but that EDP is super.
Katie, by enameled stringer do mean making a stringer with enamel like you might make SIS? Where's the hole on the first bead? I wish I could fondle it and roll it around in my hand. Darn internet! lol
Always love a good marble!!
Moth, I'm speechless about the first one.....by golly I think she got it!!

Well, here's what I've been up to.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2004/14317-wcfrolic.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2004/14317-wcfrolica.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration...off to torch.

Serena

BioImage
04-02-2004, 10:34 AM
It looks like everyone has had a productive week - cool stuff in such a variety of styles. Here's what I've been up to. Now, on to some REAL shop time over the weekend!

Robert

kenchunk
04-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Nice beads! They make me run to torch!

Here is mine. Still making star beads :)

Sachiko

koregon
04-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Happy Friday everyone! its a glorious sunshine day here on the Oregon Coast...yippee! they say a nice Saturday for us.

As always everyone who post their wonderful work is such an inspiration...I love this thread...perfect way to enjoy your morning cup of coffee.

here are mine for the day....a focal with opal yellow,copper green and rubino with silver leaf....

then both lentils are chardonnay, one with either sage or avacado...can't remember which one ...the other has turquoise...

have a great weekend everyone!!!

redfrog
04-02-2004, 12:04 PM
HI I have been trying to figure this out all morning thanks Chae. Kimberly hope you see this as without your class it would not have been possible. Tanya

Helen Simon
04-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Gorgeous beadies today, glassheads!!! Here's mine from last night, a couple rose rings...Love, Helen

beadamaniac!
04-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Everyone's stuff today is incredible, from cool to cooler!! Just had to say that I love the chicken embryo! :p

froggee501
04-02-2004, 02:30 PM
uugghh...spring break starting......I think kids should go to school 12 months a year :evil:

NOOOOOO!!!! I'd seriously pass out from stress if that happened...

Emma :)

Buck Young
04-02-2004, 03:16 PM
uugghh...spring break starting......I think kids should go to school 12 months a year :evil:[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh!!! That would be a nightmare for me. I like it when they go home to their parents.

BTW, Great Beads.

Buck

beachbeads
04-02-2004, 03:39 PM
Hard show to follow today. More beach glass from me last night. Sunny day here on the coast so off to the beach,

Jamn!
04-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Teri That's very pretty and I like the gingham!! The color's nice too.
Judy Very pretty!1
Faith Nice color choices and pretty shapes!
Lori, I LOVE your little people and the fishes are darling!
Tink AWSOME!! the bicone with the different shape is so cool!
LLuvia Love the boro beads!! :)
Katie NICE nice and NICE!!
George I love the pics and the marbles
Jennifer I love you beads!!
Deborah, I really like the new painted beads you are making!
Gina GREAT sets!
Mary I thought yesterdays flower bead was ok!! Not sure what you didn't like about it yesterday but the pic was FINE!! These are beautiful beads today too!
Karen nice flowers!! and nice set!
Virginia I like your colors today!
Serena those are so pretty!
Robert I love the colors that you used too!!
Sachiko the shape is awsome and the color combination is great!
Kaye I like your swirls and the last one is so shiney!!
Tanya Very nice!!
Sheila Nice beachy set!!
Oh Helen I love your flower beads and now the rings are awsome too!
I have not had too much torch time lately. My kids are out of school this week and next too!!! Doing kid stuff but here are a couple of test beads I pulled out of the kiln last night!

Trishki
04-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Beautiful show and tell everyone! That chickie is priceless!!!
I almost kept these to myself, but I finally decided to list them anyway....

thatgirl
04-02-2004, 05:36 PM
Good morning gang!

More beautiful eye candy to brighten my day! Everyone has been very busy.

Tink: I love that Largo set.. looks like EDP.. I haven't touched the stuff since I was a newbie.. I keep meaning to busy some, now that I seem to have more control over the glass (mind you, if it's anything like my latest venture into using tongue pink - which I tried to unsuccessfully strike for 15 mins - I might hold off a little longer). Anyway.. those are beautiful beads!

Teri: cute gingham beads!

Judy: Your chick is a hoot!

Briatha: The 1st lentils are mesmerizing!

Deborah: Your painted cat beads are adorable! Any chance of selling the 'sitting cat' one to me? :D My Mum would LOVE it for Mother's Day (and I promise, I won't tell her I made it. LOL). I also love the cat face (which DOES look like a cat face to me!).

Kaye: Your lentils always fascinate me.. they are always so pretty!

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone.. I loved EVERYTHING today, just haven't got the time to reply about each one individually!!

Well.. here's my latest set - I was SO proud.. I listed it on eBay yesterday and it had sold within an hour to one of my regulars... I used purple-red (which actually looks a lot lighter than the purple-red I've purchased before, but I love it!), amethyst, ink blue, tan and "New" violet - I'm in love with the new violet... I've only just tried it for the first time - we can't buy it here in Australia so I had to 'bite the bullet' and bring some in from the US. I'm so in love with it, I just ordered another pound!

Have a great weekend!!

Cheers,
Sue :cat:

mhartjen
04-02-2004, 05:38 PM
More lovely goodies! Well, it is rainy here in Southern California! Kaye ... I adore your lentils. It is amazing how the color of the decoration changes the whole color of the bead. Mary ... your flowers are beautiful! Helen ... your roses look almost real ... beautiful work. Jennifer ... I just love your style of beads! Here are a few of mine with dichroic glass ... Marna

AutumnH
04-02-2004, 06:36 PM
I haven't posted in a while, camera and software issues, that are still not resolved, lol!
But I just had to ask Marna what she was doing in my studio the other night? Was she peeking over my shoulder, was I peeking over hers, or do we just share a muse??

MaureenKennedy
04-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Here's my latest set - I like them so much that I am struggling to decide whether to sell them or not. Enameled stringers are the source for colors.

Kimberly Affleck
04-02-2004, 07:20 PM
HI I have been trying to figure this out all morning thanks Chae. Kimberly hope you see this as without your class it would not have been possible. Tanya

Tanya! That is beautiful!!!!!!! I REALLY like it! Bravo! :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm glad the class helped!