PDA

View Full Version : "The Spray"...April 2004

Penny220
04-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Happy April Fools Everyone, for others we have "April Showers bring May Flowers" and for others yet, we have opening day of fishing season. I'll leave the fishing to my son.

Last month we aquired a few new members to our forum, without looking up their names, let me just say a huge "welcome". We had 3 raccoons grace our forum, Fact, Raccoons do not have saliva glands, this is why they wash thier food. We have had a new portrait from Tim and a good start on another. Tim, it's wonderful watching your work progress. Freefall has shown us a few more of his helmets. etc etc. I hope by listing what is coming to me at the top of my head I am not offending the many others that have taken the time to post thier work. Certainly no offence is meant and I enjoy each and every one of them.

As far as me, well my household projects are still going strong and although I have been painting alot, it hasn't been on a fun airbrush project but I do promise that as soon as my surface is ready I will be posting a WIP of huge proportion. I even bought a digital camera this week and I am anxiously waiting for it to arrive.

It looks like Spring has FINALLY Sprung!

Colorfast
04-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Hi Penny:
Well ya got a jump on April Fools Day. Yes, this past month has been great for new members to the WC. What are we up to now, something like 39,000 members and growin' stronger each day.... I thought you would give us all a April Fools Day stunt to give us all a little giggle.
The old standby for me has been somethin' like this. How about filling the tip of the toothpaste tube with Elmer's Glue, letting it dry and placin' the cap back on, ever so carefully. I'm sure we all could add many more to make this year a memorable one.
Later, Dave :) :) :) DUH, I lost my "speellcheck"

hinddee29
04-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Hello everyone,

Well Penny you know pretty much what I've been up to. ;) Yep I'm going
to be starting 1 of 2 murals Sunday. I'll post pick when I'm done. Good or bad.
Good news tomorrow I'm finally going to get me an air compressor. :clap:
Well that's it for now.

Shane

Penny220
04-04-2004, 12:46 PM
I still have some snow piles in my lawn but most of it's melted away. :) It's April 4th and it's snowing out! :mad: Winter just does not want to end this year.

Leaflin
04-05-2004, 01:02 PM
It's good to see the April Spray started!
Thanks Penny.

I can't believe how winter keeps coming back at you Penny!
I really look forward to seeing what you have in store for us on your WIP.
What type of camera did you get?

Dave, I'm glad I don't share your toothpaste :D
I put a little bit of Ivory Dishwashing soap on my husbands toothbrush one year, and he ended up foaming at the mouth :D.

Congratulations on the compressor Shane!

Penny220
04-05-2004, 03:35 PM
I bought an Olympus D-560 Zoom 3.2-Megapixel Digital Camera. I was hoping it would be here on Friday, hopefully UPS will make a stop today. It would have been nice if I could have taken a picture to show the 4 inches of snow I woke up to this morning. Yup, 4" on the ground. That's what I get for opening my mouth and saying I didn't think it would stick. It snowed all day yesterday, all night and again this morning. It's really windy out right now so alot of it has blown away. I've seen it snow up to the end of the month before but it hasn't happened in a lot of years. I guess this weekend was the aniversary of one heck of an ice storm we got last year. It's still early and still possible that it will happen again. It was 17 degrees late this morning when I checked and it's not much over 20 at the moment. the good news is I bought an Azala (sp) bush a couple of weeks ago so that I could see something alive around and it's looking wonderful. I'm sure all of the flowers will be off of it by the time I get to plant it outside. I'm thinking about buying another if they still have them.

Well time to bring in more firewood and get back to work on my house.

HF AIRBRUSH
04-05-2004, 04:19 PM
well the weather is still getting better and better all the time over here...
today i got a great phonecall.....they asked me to teach airbrush at an artschool here in town.....im still thinking about it and i would receive more info at the mail today...so maybe im going to be a teacher..hahaha...

henk

Penny220
04-05-2004, 09:43 PM
GREAT news Henk :clap: Keep us up to day OK.

Caterwallin'
04-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Well, I'm just returning from yet another trip to South Texas to help my family out! And, as always, it feels great to be home! When I'm there I can usually check in on WC, but a lightning strike had knocked out the phone lines in the small out lying community where my parents live for three days!

Before my weekend trip, the weather here has been wonderful! It has been in the mid 80's and sunny. I had time to put a roof on my house and level the front lawn (which I will never do again!). I'm glad I got the roof on because, unfortunately, this week we have had heavy rains and temps in the upper 40's and lower 50's! It made driving in the hill country a challenge because of the washed out areas caused by flash flooding!

Today the sun is trying to peek out! I hope it stays for awhile!

Keith Russell
04-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Still waiting to hear about the scholarship to the KC Art Institute this fall. (I should know something by the end of the month. I can probably borrow enough to begin classes this fall, whether I get a scholarship, or not--but the scholarship money would be nice.)

I have three competition deadlines this month, but may not make the first one (this coming Saturday). The other two are for the end of the month, and I should have the painting completed and photographed by then, no problem. I'm also getting some sketches together to start work on several new paintings for an 'abstract' group show to which I've been invited, in early July.

I'm still working on my music studio, writing several short pieces of music for a demo CD I hope to shop around town soon. Maybe I'll get some work doing music for commercials or PSAs...

Other than that, just filling in the many holes in my CD collection off of EBay, keeping my parents' yard looking nice, and waiting for warmer weather!

K

Leaflin
04-12-2004, 08:59 PM
:clap: You guys have got to check this out. :clap:
What a fantastic feature.
I haven't had the time to explore it yet, but folks who have say it's great.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2206036#post2206036

Click on tools, then on Gallery Manager and make your own gallery here at WetCanvas!

Sounds like a nice camera Penny, bet you can't wait to start using it.
I'll take a photo of my azaleas when they bloom, and we can compare notes :)

Way to go Professor Henk :) Hope it works out for you.

Glad you are back with us Sam.
Now I know who to call when I need a new roof!
Do you do windows? :D

You sure have been busy Keith.
Good luck on your competitions!

I turned my Papier Mache' wine bottle in at the winery but haven't heard anything back yet.
I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

Penny220
04-21-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm back!!! What's the saying, when the kids are away, the mom's will play. I've kind of been "out" for awhile but I'm back.

Linda, my Azalia is sitting on top of my microwave in front of the window, it's HUGE! I still have about a month before I can plant it in the ground but I think I will buy one again next year. I really like having living things around this time of year. My daffy's are about ready to open, my guess is about 5 days from now I will FINALLY have some flowers.

Leaflin
04-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Glad you're back Penny :)
I took this for you a few days ago.
It's a Redbud in our front yard.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/1471-Img0516.JPG

I'm almost ready for my show in May, and will be so glad to have it over with.
My first painting using an airbrush is finished ,and I will post it shortly.

Penny220
04-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Oh how pretty, thanks for sharing it.

Caterwallin'
04-29-2004, 02:13 AM
:clap: :clap: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PENNY! :clap: :clap:

Have a great day!

Sam

HF AIRBRUSH
04-29-2004, 03:53 AM
hey penny congratulations...and how old are you now?...

henk

Penny220
04-29-2004, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys.

I'm 29 regardless of what my birth certificate says :p . As an artist I'm sure I could alter it to prove my theory as well ;)

Leaflin
04-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Happy Birthday to a fellow Taurus!
29 indeed!

AlpineAirbrush
04-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Happy birthday Penny, I wouldn't have guessed you to be a day over 28 !

Penny220
04-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Happy Birthday to a fellow Taurus!
29 indeed!

Happy belated Linda, I just looked and yours was 4 days ago. I'm sorry that we missed it. Taurus to the core here and proud of it :clap: Although I prefer tenatious over bullheaded it sounds more complimentary. LOL

Leaflin
04-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Happy belated Linda, I just looked and yours was 4 days ago. I'm sorry that we missed it. Taurus to the core here and proud of it :clap: Although I prefer tenatious over bullheaded it sounds more complimentary. LOL

:D Thanks Penny
I try to stay low around my birthday, and in previous years have deleted it from my profile just before my birthday so it didn't show up on the board :D