PDA

View Full Version : Project Discussion: Deep Blue Sea

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-01-2004, 04:50 PM
A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: Deep Blue Sea
Project Leader: TurtleBay Jewelry
Relative Difficulty: Easy
Type Restrictions: Any Type
Medium: Any Medium
Subject: Seascape
Days open for signups: Always
Maximum participants allowed: Unlimited

Description:

Greetings! Welcome to the very first "Wearable Art" project titled, "The Deep Blue Sea". Please join us in creating a piece of wearable art that commemorates the ocean's vast beauty and surrounding sea life. Showcase your beads, jewelry, purses, hats, silks or clothing that have been inspired by the sea.

We would like to see the color BLUE incorporated into all finished designs, and please feel free to show off your process pictures in Progress Gallery.

The finished project pieces should be saved however until the 22nd of April at which time you can upload them into the Finished Gallery. Be sure to join us in the project discussion thread.

Below, please find some links to help set you on your way to the ocean floor where inspiration roams about in various forms. Enjoy your watery adventure!

~Enjoy!

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here! (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=665)

Remember, in order to help keep the discussions on projects organized, you should post your questions, suggestions, and comments on submitted work here in this thread. By doing this, we allow other non-project efforts to not get "pushed down" by a swarm of project-related threads.

DonnaBee
04-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Wow, our first official project! This looks wonderful Danielle. Thank you so much for setting it up for us. :)

glitterbead
04-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Thanks Danielle!!!!

Can we make more than one submission??? I have one item for immediate consideration, and am working on another one!

lisilk
04-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks for starting the project Danielle ! :clap:

lisilk
04-01-2004, 06:19 PM
For those of you new to the WC Project system, if you go up to the project description where it says CLICK HERE you can sign up for the project and add your entries.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Li

beclectic
04-01-2004, 07:29 PM
For those of you new to the WC Project system, if you go up to the project description where it says CLICK HERE you can sign up for the project and add your entries.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Li

I'm a little confused about what you mean about 'add your entries'. I thought we were supposed to wait until the 22nd. :confused:

Thanks Danielle for our first official project.

What kinds of things are supposed to be posted in the Progress Gallery?

lisilk
04-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Yes, Danielle would like you to add your final pieces on April 22 to the final gallery NOT this thread, that way they are a part of the project and can all be viewed together. If you want to show the steps of how you made your piece, you do that in the Progess gallery. When you look at a finished piece in the gallery and want to comment, then you click on the picture it will say " comment". Your comment and the picture will go into this thread. That's how the project system works.

http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=665

Hope that helps.

lisilk
04-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35264

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/17813/tn_MERM1.JPG

I added one to show what I meant. This is in the progress gallery.

beclectic
04-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35264

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/17813/tn_MERM1.JPG

I added one to show what I meant. This is in the progress gallery.

I understand, thanks for the explanation. Too bad my project is finished so I can't show any progress because I didn't think to take pictures along the way.

ringslingin
04-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Oooh another project! woohooo! I signed up and can't WAIT to get started. I just happen to have a fish bead on the way and I have LOTS of blue beads 'cuz blue is my most favorite color!!! Course, this IS an excuse to buy more isn't it?

artbabe21
04-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Lisilk, many projects are on stickies so they don't get lost on back pages. Now I know this forum has a large number of stickies already (3 is usually good) but what is your thought? Will check w/Sassybird & Diane too.

Have FUN with your first forum project!! :)

Fyrsmith
04-03-2004, 03:35 AM
Whoo Whoo! I'm in!!

Living on Kodiak island and working in the marine industry as I do, this is one project I had to sign up for!

I have pics of previous pieces inspired by the sea & seashore. Would it be ok to post them now for general inspiration?

-Don-

mjcall
04-03-2004, 07:12 AM
Lisilk, many projects are on stickies so they don't get lost on back pages. Now I know this forum has a large number of stickies already (3 is usually good) but what is your thought? Will check w/Sassybird & Diane too.

Have FUN with your first forum project!! :)

Cathleen

Couldn't a couple of our current stickies be incorporated in the new "Making Wearable Arts 101" that is under construction. Since it will just be a series of links I feel at least 2 of the current stickies would be good candidates and help clean up the first page.

M_

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-03-2004, 09:35 AM
I agree with Mike on combining some of the current stickies. And I do feel that Projects should be stickied, otherwise they get lost in my slew of new threads for the day. /wink

Don~ Go ahead and post pics for inspiration. The more the merrier, IMO.

:)

~Danielle

Cyndi L
04-03-2004, 03:18 PM
I just added a couple pictures in the "Progress" gallery. Don't look at them if you want to be surprised, but take a look if you want to see my first few "steps" in creating a beaded neckpiece :-)

http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/browse_progress.php?proj_id=665

Fyrsmith
04-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Hi,

Here are some pics of previous sea inspired pieces.

The first is a pair of earrings I made for my wife. I will send a dozen of these (unfinished shells) to the first person to PM me with the correct name of the creature they came from.

The second is a pair of earrings made by my daughter incorporating salmon vertebre, beach glass and tiny shells from that sea creature.

The third is a pair of earrings made by another local craftsperson from crab claws.

-Don-

artbabe21
04-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Terrific work!! :)
Don & everybody,
This project works a little different...you sign up on the project page which you click on at the first post in this thread....at the very bottom under Your options for this project...also in that list is Gallery Exhibit where you post your finished projects (the above) and then people can go there & view everyone's project in one place. I know it's a little different but it just takes one time to figure these things out. Then I'll show you in the next post how you can commment on another piece from that Gallery or from the progress page.

artbabe21
04-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35359

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/40061/tn_step2.jpg

Delete this line then add your comments, but leave the links above intact, so others know what you are talking about!

OK, this line above...delete it when this page comes up for you. I left it so you can see what to delete.

Basically I went to the project page & clicked (where it says)towards the bottom and went to the bottom where Your options for this page are & clicked on progress image....3 progress images came up & I clicked on the photo of this one....then I clicked at the top of the photo in the middle where it says comment....and this page comes up with a photo of it so you can comment on it. Beautiful job on this necklace btw!! :)
PS, I don't know why it says final project as it says progress in the project. Is this a final in the wrong spot??

lisilk
04-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35359

Delete this line then add your comments, but leave the links above intact, so others know what you are talking about!

OK, this line above...delete it when this page comes up for you. I left it so you can see what to delete.

Basically I went to the project page & clicked (where it says)towards the bottom and went to the bottom where Your options for this page are & clicked on progress image....3 progress images came up & I clicked on the photo of this one....then I clicked at the top of the photo in the middle where it says comment....and this page comes up with a photo of it so you can comment on it. Beautiful job on this necklace btw!! :)
PS, I don't know why it says final project as it says progress in the project. Is this a final in the wrong spot??

No Cathleen, I noticed a while back that they all say " final" even when they are in progress area. Another little glitch of the new system.

You can also comment on an entry here that someone else commented on by clicking that blue line of type next to the picture.

DonnaBee
04-03-2004, 08:08 PM
Don, is it a crayfish?

(Thank you for these inspirational photos, I am especially inspired by the pair your daughter made!)

Fyrsmith
04-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone,

Cathleen,
I did sign up on the projects page, just checked, I am listed. The above pics are not WIP or finished pieces for this project (no blue), they were posted for inspiration, and the materials may or may not be used in my final project.

DonnaBee,
No, not a crayfish. It is a unique mollusk, with many varieties, common here in Kodiak and on Pacific NW coasts.

-Don-

DonnaBee
04-03-2004, 08:59 PM
It is a unique mollusk, with many varieties, common here in Kodiak and on Pacific NW coasts.

Oh boy, I am lost now! (I did begin to think it was too small for a crayfish. Or crawdads, as we used to call them when I was a kid!)

Shirley C.
04-03-2004, 09:01 PM

cyndi, i've admired your jewelry for a very long time. i can't wait to see this piece finished!

GardensOnGlass
04-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Hey Donna, where did you get your spiral shells in your in-progress picture? I'm taking a class next month with Stephanie Sersich (a new class for her!!!!!) and I need some shells like that for dangles.

If you can share the info, it would be great!

artbabe21
04-03-2004, 10:25 PM
I did sign up on the projects page, just checked, I am listed. The above pics are not WIP or finished pieces for this project (no blue), they were posted for inspiration, and the materials may or may not be used in my final project.

Okey doke!! Didn't realize that!! :D

DonnaBee
04-03-2004, 10:37 PM
Hey Lori! I got them inexpensively from Hobby Lobby.

Just PM me your address, I can put some in the mail to you! It's not a problem at all. :)

Which ones though? The ones in the bottom right of the pic, or the ones in the top right? Or both!

They have small holes drilled. 1mm waxed linen does go through.

Amaris
04-04-2004, 05:36 AM

Cyndi, thank you for posting your process. I've admired your work on another forum, and I've been interested in this form of bead embroidery for a long time now. It's very interesting -- and inspiring -- to see the process. I can't wait to see where it leads.

Another Cindy

artbabe21
04-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Cathleen
Couldn't a couple of our current stickies be incorporated in the new "Making Wearable Arts 101" that is under construction. Since it will just be a series of links I feel at least 2 of the current stickies would be good candidates and help clean up the first page.

I'll have sassybird look at this since she started it but for now I have stickied this floating project...LOL...have fun!! :)

When are you ready to cut loose your intros? About done with them for now?

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Actually, in my opinion, I think the intro's should remain. We still have ppl coming here and joining us and they're posting on that thread. It's a nice little way to get to know a little about everyone and what they do.

But that's just my two cents. /wink

~D.

DonnaBee
04-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Actually, in my opinion, I think the intro's should remain. We still have ppl coming here and joining us and they're posting on that thread. It's a nice little way to get to know a little about everyone and what they do.

I share Danielle's opinion.

beclectic
04-04-2004, 02:02 PM

But that's just my two cents. /wink

~D.

I agree also. It gives me a heads-up when someone new joins us.

coyote_laughing
04-05-2004, 12:42 AM
Hi, all---

I joined the project a few days ago and then my "projects" heading disappeared and I hadn't found my way back.

Anyway, I'm a lampworker and scuba diver (from Fiji to the Caribbean, never in fresh water though), which makes this project (you did say beads, right?) just up my alley. I live in Arizona, so found sea objects (at least recent ones, less than 1M years old) are not happening for me. But I grew up in Venice CA, love the sea, and this sounded so good I had to join.

Question...are we expected to finish the piece into a necklace or something, because I'm kinda awful at that. But I can make fish beads with the best of 'em, usually 2-3" long and as tall as the fish says it needs to be. But if it needs to be wearable when it goes out, then I'll learn something new. Just tell me what you are expecting.

Cheers,

Cyndi L
04-05-2004, 12:56 PM

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what any of this means. I added pictures to the progress gallery just as the instructions on the project home page seemed to indicate. The link I provided seems to be taking me to the right place, so I don't know what you want me to do differently...? You can email me privately if you'd like :-)

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-05-2004, 01:07 PM
I'm so glad to see all the participants! Cheers all!

We'll have some great finished pieces, I just know it.

:D

~Danielle

beclectic
04-05-2004, 01:31 PM
<snip>
Question...are we expected to finish the piece into a necklace or something, because I'm kinda awful at that. But I can make fish beads with the best of 'em, usually 2-3" long and as tall as the fish says it needs to be. But if it needs to be wearable when it goes out, then I'll learn something new. Just tell me what you are expecting.

Cheers,

I'm not the official answer on this, these are just my thoughts.

In my opinion, the more the merrier. :D

The wearable art doesn't have to be jewelry. It could be anything wearable from a key chain or zipper pull to jewelry to an evening gown and everything in between and some past the edge. It just should be wearable or sort of wearable.

Go crazy, have fun!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-05-2004, 01:51 PM
As project manager (please don't say, You're Fired! LOL), I say you're welcome to participate as long as you can pin that bead on your person somewhere. /wink

~Danielle

Fyrsmith
04-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Hi, everyone,

Just to be clear for some of the new people, this project is a show and tell, not an exchange, Correct???

-Don-

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-05-2004, 04:27 PM
You are correct, sir!

We're just displaying. Maybe we'll do an exchange further on down the road.

~D.

lisilk
04-05-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what any of this means. I added pictures to the progress gallery just as the instructions on the project home page seemed to indicate. The link I provided seems to be taking me to the right place, so I don't know what you want me to do differently...? You can email me privately if you'd like :-)

Cyndi- You did it correctly. It's a glitch in the system that even the progress entries ( which look great BTW ) say " final" when they are commented on.

Li

coyote_laughing
04-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Hi, everyone,

Just to be clear for some of the new people, this project is a show and tell, not an exchange, Correct???

-Don-

That makes more sense...thanks. The finished piece will be posted by 4/22.

Amaris
04-05-2004, 09:55 PM

Cyndi, I think those were instructions for adding comments -- at least, when I added comments to your WIP, those are the steps I followed.

Cindy :)

Fyrsmith
04-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Hi everyone,

No one has guessed the sea creature those shells came from yet. No, it is not a sand dollar or an urchin, however, they are tidepool creatures. The shells are nice, but difficult to work with because they are extremely hard, almost like tooth enamel, not clamshell.

If no one guesses by April 22, I will give a very broad hint, the Aleutic/Russian name for them.

-Don-

Fyrsmith
04-06-2004, 03:58 AM
Chuckie got it!
The shells are from a chiton. The most common varieties here are the gumboot and the black leather chiton. The gumboot is a local Aleutic delicacy, never tried it myself. My shells are from the black variety. Each animal has 8 overlapping shells in its body. The Russian/Aleutic name for them is Baidarka, because they are shaped like the open skin boat called a Baidarka. The shells are also used by some native peoples to decorate clothing. Wearable art!

-Don-

Cyndi L
04-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Cyndi, I think those were instructions for adding comments -- at least, when I added comments to your WIP, those are the steps I followed.

Cindy :)

Thanks! I hadn't followed the thread properly, and since it was the first time I ever posted anything like that, I was just absolutely sure I'd messed something up :-) All's well that ends well...

Cyndi

lisilk
04-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35486

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/13186/tn_13186-Sailboat_bead.jpg

Cool sailboat bead Alan !

Li

Alan Cross
04-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Mine was a bead with a sailboat on it....and I posted it in the finshed file did I have to turn it into something?
Alan :confused:

Shirley C.
04-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35554

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/20472/tn_SUNSET_WAVES.jpg

mary ann, i love this painting - particularly the way that the ocean picks up the colors from the sky. :clap: :clap: :clap:

regarding your comments: "Sometimes I don't know when to stop working on a painting. Do you have the same problem." - ummm... seems i had this problem the other day when i was "painting" a bead with enamels. spent hours on a single bead. (see thread on my "enameled bead" (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180491))

Shirley C.
04-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35578

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/10433/tn_DeepBlueSeaProgress1.jpg

this is my first entry in the progress section of the project.

Alan Cross
04-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35554

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/20472/tn_SUNSET_WAVES.jpg
This is good but how are you going to wear it? This project is for wearable art...

Alan Cross
04-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35578

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/10433/tn_DeepBlueSeaProgress1.jpg

Great bead Shirley....looks like the deep blue sea....
Alan :)

lisilk
04-10-2004, 11:00 PM

This is good but how are you going to wear it? This project is for wearable art...

LOL. Good point Alan. Maryann, this would make a good entry for Alan's project.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_details&proj_id=668

lisilk
04-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35578

That bead is gorgeous Shirley and screams ocean breezes.

Li

Alan Cross
04-10-2004, 11:07 PM
LOL. Good point Alan. Maryann, this would make a good entry for Alan's project.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_details&proj_id=668
Thats right Maryann add it to mine lol....

beclectic
04-11-2004, 11:32 AM

How To Wear A Picture
Take the picture you posted here. Buy some of that special transfer paper for color printers. Print the picture to the transfer paper. Iron the picture onto a tee shirt or beach bag or big canvas purse. Voila - wearable art. :) You could even sew seashells and trims around the picture on a canvas purse. :clap: :clap:

Shirley C.
04-11-2004, 03:13 PM
How To Wear A Picture
Take the picture you posted here. Buy some of that special transfer paper for color printers. Print the picture to the transfer paper. Iron the picture onto a tee shirt or beach bag or big canvas purse. Voila - wearable art. :) You could even sew seashells and trims around the picture on a canvas purse. :clap: :clap:
and then you can sell it to me!

artbabe21
04-11-2004, 03:42 PM
It's been brought to my attention that we only sticky projects for a little while..... while they are first getting started, after that it will keep coming up to the top as people post to the project...:D

lisilk
04-12-2004, 01:49 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35618

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/17813/tn_T13.jpg

Started a sea turtle scarf last night. Has a long way to go. :rolleyes:

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35618

/faints!

THUMP!

Oh my god Li! Stunning!

~D.

mjcall
04-12-2004, 10:06 AM

Wow!!!!!!!!! :clap:

How do I gracefully back out of this project? I feel like I am in over my head so to speak? :rolleyes:

M_

Shirley C.
04-12-2004, 10:42 AM

wow, absolutely beautiful! can hardly wait to see the finished piece!

Alan Cross
04-12-2004, 10:55 AM

Very nice Li......

DonnaBee
04-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Li, it's breathtaking... :eek: :cool: :)

TheBlueBetween
04-12-2004, 11:59 AM
OMG, I just realized there is only 10 days left! I just posted a work in progress picture - as you can see from it I have not even started yet!

artbabe21
04-12-2004, 12:12 PM
OMG, I just realized there is only 10 days left! I just posted a work in progress picture - as you can see from it I have not even started yet!

HI Pam,
There's no date when these have to be finished...these projects are open ended...people can finish & join at any time!! :D

If you can't finish & are signed up (for the person who needs to get out of the project on page 4) don't worry about it, you just don't finish.

DonnaBee
04-12-2004, 12:15 PM
OMG, I just realized there is only 10 days left!

Yup, looks as if April is flying by just as fast as March did.... What the heck.. well, you know what they say... there is no rest for the weary! We are the "Weary Wearable Art Artists" (the WWAA) Well, I am anyway. hee!

You know though, I am so grateful for this place and all the creative energy here. You have all just by being here, inspired me to finish things I had been sitting on. Custom earrings, the cigar box purse for my sis-in-law, And more projects waiting for me right now. I have new interest in it all, because you are all here to show it to. And you are all here to post your stuff and give me inspiration.

I am so tired, and going through major life stuff as many of us on WC! are, and my wearable art projects are the joy of my life. I love making things for other women to wear, because then it gives them joy to carry on with their complicated lives. The art of adornment is so beautiful. (Not meaning to leave out guys... I like to make wearable art for them too. Especially young men, who are really beginning to wear interesting stuff! My 11 yr old and his friends wear my beads and stuff all the time. :cool: )

DonnaBee
04-12-2004, 12:17 PM
HI Pam,
There's no date when these have to be finished...these projects are open ended...people can finish & join at any time!!

Oh! Thank you! Good to know, as I will probably find my moment of inspiration and motivation on day eleven! :D :clap:

mjcall
04-12-2004, 02:50 PM
If you can't finish & are signed up (for the person who needs to get out of the project on page 4) don't worry about it, you just don't finish.

Hey Cathleen I was just kidding, don't count me out yet. ;)

M_

DonnaBee
04-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35658

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/27514/tn_wipdeepblue041204.jpg

Hi! When Cathleen told me there was no pressure of a deadline, well that inspired me to get started! lol

I'm using the gorgeous ivory and turquoise lampwork that our own Laura Happylsds gifted to me.

Cyndi L
04-12-2004, 04:06 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35659

I've got Step 3 posted! I think I'm going to be able to finish by the "deadline"

:D

artbabe21
04-12-2004, 04:20 PM
I've got Step 3 posted! I think I'm going to be able to finish by the "deadline"

LOL...Cyndi! That necklace is WAY beautiful...how many hours in it thus far??:D

Very cool Donna!! I need to buy some of those silver rings for bracelets....saw some that are real silver starting bid at $1... I think it was on eBay...I keep trying to figure out the size of it though to be sure beads fit.

beclectic
04-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35659

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/40061/tn_step3.jpg

Coming along swimmingly. :D

Is that pua shell. Your piece has given me a great idea for another Deep Blue Sea piece. Not a copy of your's or even that close to it but your's inspired me. I'll have to learn some new techniques and it will probably be a long time until I can start it.

You must be a quick beader, so much detail already.

TheBlueBetween
04-12-2004, 05:23 PM
That piece is absolutely STUNNING!!! Wow!

lisilk
04-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35659

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/40061/tn_step3.jpg

Wow, gorgeous work Cyndi ! :clap:

Donna, looking forward to seeing how you put all those elements together.

Thank you Alan, Danielle, MJ, and Shirley for you kind comments.

Li

P.S. MJ, don't back out ! I'm sure you will create something that will make our jaws drop. :D

Cyndi L
04-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks Li, Pam and all. Yes, it is paua shell Barbara. I thought at first it was abolone, but checked it twice.

Thanks also Cathleen! About 17 hours and counting...

:-)

TheBlueBetween
04-13-2004, 11:42 AM
well... I either got a good start on it yesterday or a really bad start. I can't decide. I posted a WIP picture on the project... I'm feeling like tearing it out but can't bear to yet so maybe i'll keep going for a little while and see if it shapes up or not. :confused: LOL

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35699

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/30512/tn_WIP2.jpg

Just so you all don't think the leader is slacking on her project. ;)

~D.

Cyndi L
04-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35699

Very very nice! I just love multimedia anything :-)

beclectic
04-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35697

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/27814/tn_workinprogress2.jpg

I like it a lot so far. I'm thinking seaweed and maybe jellyfish but if that's not it don't be insulted please. It definately has an underwater, flowing feel to it. I love the combination of colors and that focal bead is beautiful.

I don't think you should take it apart but only you know what your vision of this piece is. If it's not going there maybe you should try some alternatives with pencil and paper to see where your intention went awry.

My piece is finished but I redid some details a couple of times. As a matter of fact the second shortest strand of the necklace started out as the second longest strad but just didn't fit there so I moved it.

Cyndi L
04-13-2004, 12:52 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35697

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/27814/tn_workinprogress2.jpg

DO NOT TEAR IT OUT!!!

Take a deep breath and keep going! Beadwork is totally different from renovating a house. Sometimes with a house, you just have to conclude that you are throwing good money after bad. That's not true with beadwork, especially with freeform like you're doing. There is **always** a stage where it just looks awful and you can't believe it will ever come together. Then you add two or three more rows and it starts to look pretty good...

This looks like a structurally sound beginning to me. Keep building on it, evening it out, working towards the focal bead, and it will be beautiful. The trouble then will be how to know when to stop :-)

My best to you ~

beclectic
04-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35699

What a tantalizing glimpse of your work. I love those beads and the fiber looks like it will add extra interest. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone's entries on the 22nd. :clap:

TheBlueBetween
04-14-2004, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the encouragement Cyndi and Barbara - I did not tear it out and after a few more hours it's coming together - I think it will be ok after all. I left it out on the table to see if DH makes any smart remarks about it when he gets up in the morning... ;)

lisilk
04-14-2004, 03:40 AM

Great start Danielle. Beads and fiber mixed reminds me of a coral reef.

Wow, not sure what you don't like about this. It's coming along beautifully. Reminds me of seaweed and jellyfish.

I'm excited to see everyones entries !

Li

Fyrsmith
04-14-2004, 03:48 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35728

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/32286/tn_PICT0816-r.jpg

Here are some beads for my project, which will incorporate elements from other media also.

-Don-

lisilk
04-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35728

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/32286/tn_PICT0816-r.jpg

Very cool waves and cloud beads !

Li

DonnaBee
04-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35758

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/27514/tn_beads_035.jpg

I found this cigar box. I am thinking I will make it into a cigar box purse for the project.

I am going to search for ways to get shell-swirl imagery in it (helix). Like a black and white photo of coils from shells, or something.

DonnaBee
04-15-2004, 04:27 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35759

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/27514/tn_beads_034.jpg

The close-up on the seal is kind of neat... I am thinking I will use nickel-finish hardware, rather than the brass you see on many cigar box purses.

beclectic
04-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35758

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/27514/tn_beads_035.jpg

That is a really different looking cigar box. Nickle will look really good with that blue. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

lisilk
04-15-2004, 05:33 PM

That is an unusual looking cigar box Donna. The blue is perfect so you're half way there ! :p

I am working on two cigar boxes myself right now but not sure if either will end up in this project.

Cheers,

Li

DonnaBee
04-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35774

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/27514/tn_beads_042.jpg

Okay, I just had to comment one more time on my own progess image! I need to make a lampwork bead to go with this. I hope to do that tomorrow. I think I won't post another progress image 'til it is done though! So something will be a surprise! Thanks for looking. I am excited about this "helix" theme...

beclectic
04-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35774

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/progress/27514/tn_beads_042.jpg

OMG that is so cool :cool: I didn't know such a printable fabric existed.

DonnaBee
04-15-2004, 11:07 PM
that is so cool I didn't know such a printable fabric existed.

I picked this up at the fabric store. It was about seven dollars for three sheets. :eek:

Once in awhile, I like to use some. (It may be less expensive these days, I bought mine some time ago.)

I am going to put silver-painted shell beads with it. It will definitley be the theme of the Deep Blue Sea, but I became intrigued with the helix, shells, spirals, I began reading in my Encyclopedia of Symbols, going from one symbol to the next...

and the thing I kept coming back to was the symbol of the spiral, and the meaning of "Deep Blue Sea", to me, I was searching, taking notes and then found it. To me it is about peace and coolness. Lunar, feminine, silver. The Great Mother.

Also, the double helix of DNA, and then I thought about the ocean and how we are from there. The navel, and umbilical cord are related to the spiral. The purse will have a silver cord on it.

So I think it will look minimalist, and rather simple. It's a masculine thing really, a cigar box. I don't know why they named their cigars Helix.... but for me, it comes back to something extremely feminine.... for me that is the Deep Blue Sea.

Charlee
04-16-2004, 12:37 AM

*gasp* Clueless about this printable fabric thing too - and totally wowed by it - and your ideas. I love the spiral motif. I have - for many, many years - had a 'thing' for spirals, especially the triple spiral, like the ones on the stone at the entry to Brugh na Boinne (Newgrange). Gives me shivers just to picture that. :)

Everyone's posted work is so cool. :clap:

DonnaBee
04-16-2004, 01:00 AM
Everyone's posted work is so cool.

It sure is. I am following this entire thread, and it is very exciting... the projects that are in progress. Beautiful, beautiful things...

Also, it was a great idea, the title. It's inspirational, and can be interpreted all these ways and more. What a great idea it's been! I didn't expect it to inspire me this much, but I am glad it did!

artbabe21
04-16-2004, 01:07 AM
It sure is. I am following this entire thread, and it is very exciting... the projects that are in progress. Beautiful, beautiful things...

That goes for me too! Beautiful stuff! Donna, I saw where you got the fabric, disregard my PM...thanks!! :D

beclectic
04-16-2004, 09:03 AM
<snip> Also, the double helix of DNA, and then I thought about the ocean and how we are from there. The navel, and umbilical cord are related to the spiral. The purse will have a silver cord on it.

Donna, Your whole post is poetic.

I quoted the piece above because I wanted to say that I hoped the silver cord would be a twisted cord. :)

I too have found this project inspiring and joyful. I read this thread whenever there is a new post on it.

DonnaBee
04-16-2004, 09:26 AM
I wanted to say that I hoped the silver cord would be a twisted cord.

OH yes, absolutely, you know it!

"The silver cord holds the soul to the body during incarnation."

- An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Traditional Symbols, J.C. Cooper

DonnaBee
04-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone, have a great Friday!

glitterbead
04-16-2004, 12:34 PM
OH yes, absolutely, you know it!

"The silver cord holds the soul to the body during incarnation."

- An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Traditional Symbols, J.C. Cooper

It also anchors the soul to the body during astral travel! They say that physical death only truly occurs when the silver cord is severed.

glitterbead
04-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Donna - as far as the spiral is concerned, how about a nautilus motif???

DonnaBee
04-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Nautilus, yes. I will go look for clipart and in the WC! reference library! :)

Cyndi L
04-17-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm finished!!!!!

Are we waiting until April 22, or is it ok to post finished pieces now? I can wait (if I have to!).

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Cyndi! Grats on finishing! In answer to your question, we're trying to keep the finished projects under wraps until the unveiling on the 22nd. ;)

I know the wiat is unbearable (I have mine done too!), but hang in there. LOL. Tie your fingers together if you have to! :evil:

~D.

beclectic
04-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Cyndi! Grats on finishing! In answer to your question, we're trying to keep the finished projects under wraps until the unveiling on the 22nd. ;)

I know the wiat is unbearable (I have mine done too!), but hang in there. LOL. Tie your fingers together if you have to! :evil:

~D.

I started another piece to distract myself from wanting to post my finished piece. As a matter of fact I started a whole project. It has just been posted up on the Wearable Art Forum, it's called Lush Garden Exchange. Cyndi, why not go join so you can distract yourself too, you too Danielle. :D

Cyndi L
04-17-2004, 08:59 PM

Oh, alright...<pout pout pout>

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-19-2004, 01:48 PM
This is your official countdown until the grand Unveiling of the Deep Blue Sea finished projects!

Including today, you have three more days to go!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Busy, busy, busy!!

~Danielle

DonnaBee
04-19-2004, 04:16 PM
I am scurrying about to finish one of my Deep Blue Sea projects! :D

I have two in the works. I am thinking that the Helix cigar box purse is the one which will be ready on the 22nd.

I love this forum and all the projects.

It has really inspired me to finish things. (Even custom work I have had sitting here for months! :D )

TheBlueBetween
04-19-2004, 04:28 PM
It has really inspired me to finish things. (Even custom work I have had sitting here for months! :D )

Oh you do that too????? It's so nice to know I'm not the only one - and that yours is months while mine is weeks so far. I actually hate custom work. I don't know why I keep saying yeah I'll do it. I have 8 pieces I'm supposed to be doing as custom work. Ug.

On the other hand, I love my under the deep blue sea necklace, though I can really only picture a movie star wearing it at this point ;)

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-19-2004, 04:40 PM
.... though I can really only picture a movie star wearing it at this point ;)

Hey! Aren't we ALL movie stars in our own right?? I have nights where I like to glam it up...when I get to leave the ankle hugger at home..../cough...

Yeah, ok, so I don't get out all that often...but I dream about it!

LOL...

~D.

DonnaBee
04-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Oh you do that too????? It's so nice to know I'm not the only one - and that yours is months while mine is weeks so far. I actually hate custom work. I don't know why I keep saying yeah I'll do it. I have 8 pieces I'm supposed to be doing as custom work. Ug.

I just, two minutes ago finished the last of my custom projects... this one has been waiting six months. Because I was given a long strand of very ugly coral-colored beads, and asked to "fix them". :rolleyes: I agreed because it was a friend of a friend who I will do anything for. I did warn that it would take a long time, as I am slow with custom work.

But since this forum started, I feel a need to get these annoying things out of the way, so I can have fun with the projects here! And, well, six months is long enough... But when you see the beads I was required to work with, you will understand.. How can I make something from beads I would never, ever choose????

Well, I did. A necklace, bracelet and earrings. A recreation from a long strand of ugly coral beads. (They have sentimental value to this lady.)

I will post them in show n tell. :) if I can get a pic today.

TheBlueBetween
04-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Ok, well I'm inspired enough to maybe finish one custom piece today ;) Wish me luck!

And for those of us who are anxiously counting down till the 22nd - have a little eye candy while you are waiting:

http://www.ellsworthstudios.com/ and click on gallery then sea forms :)

beclectic
04-19-2004, 05:10 PM
How can I make something from beads I would never, ever choose????

Well, I did. A necklace, bracelet and earrings. A recreation from a long strand of ugly coral beads. (They have sentimental value to this lady.)

I will post them in show n tell. :) if I can get a pic today.

Looking forward to seeing these. I'm very curious. :cat:

I find it helps to dwell on the technical merit of a piece that I don't like but have commited to repair. If I can't make it pretty, I can at least make it well made.

Sometimes I fix extra things that are about to break in addition to the requested repair. I'm in the process of fixing my partner's mother's rosery. She says it as she is going to sleep so sometimes it is subjected to stress when she rolls over on it. I am gradually making wrapped connections instead of the standard closed loop connections as I repair the current set of stretched connections. She loves that rosery and she is worth the trouble. The rosery is pretty though it is not one of those unattractive but loved items.

TheBlueBetween
04-19-2004, 05:25 PM
and here is some more eye candy in the ocean theme...

http://www.lidijafairbanks.net/thesoul.html

:) Pam (who you can see is stalling getting to work on her custom order)

gypsysoul
04-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Oh I wish I'd noticed this project when it started! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. :D

This is the first of my own beads that I've kept for myself, and I've been collecting things for a couple of months to go with it. I don't think I'll try using everything here, but my biggest problem is that it's been so long since I made any jewelry that I just keep looking at everything and asking "Now what?" LOL! Anyone wanna make a necklace for me? heeheeheehee :evil:

Paula

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2004/10675-DSC04566.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2004/10675-DSC04567.jpg

DonnaBee
04-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Oh my Gypsy... those strands... with that bead... it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen (truly!). You are obviously very talented, and will get no help from us! lol just kidding of course. Except you are - very talented!

lisilk
04-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Yep, what she said...that bead is breathtaking Paula ! :clap: :clap:

Make sure you add your entries to the project gallery so everyone can enjoy them.

Li

TheBlueBetween
04-19-2004, 09:56 PM
just the picture of that beautiful bead and all those strands would qualify as a project entry in my book!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: That is going to be one STUNNING piece when it's done!

beclectic
04-20-2004, 08:53 AM
Oh I wish I'd noticed this project when it started! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. :D

This is the first of my own beads that I've kept for myself, and I've been collecting things for a couple of months to go with it. I don't think I'll try using everything here, but my biggest problem is that it's been so long since I made any jewelry that I just keep looking at everything and asking "Now what?" LOL! Anyone wanna make a necklace for me? heeheeheehee :evil:

Paula

Whenever you make your bead into a piece of jewelry please share it with us here in the Wearable Art Forum. The bead you made and the beads you have chosen to go with it are breathtaking.

Have you tried sketching some ideas? I find that helps me design what I want to do with a bead/beads that is/are giving me too many ideas.

gypsysoul
04-20-2004, 10:18 AM
just the picture of that beautiful bead and all those strands would qualify as a project entry in my book

Well that's good, Pam, because I have no idea when I'll actually get something made. lol I've been concentrating on lampworking the past three years and have hardly made a piece of jewelry since I started. I think I'm coming full circle or something now because I have two other beads I made since this one that I also can't bear to part with and MUST make something with. As for this bead and the collection of things to go with it, I think I am intimidating myself because I've spent a fair amount on the components and I want to make something spectacular, and I've never made anything on a "grand" scale before. I just read back through the posts and realized this project has no set deadline, so I guess I will add it to the list and keep you all posted. I'll probably get to some point and have to scream for help anyway. lol

Barbara, you're right, I need to play around and draw some ideas. I've just started playing with PMC, so I'd like to make a piece or two from that to go with this, too. Probably my biggest problem is being a typical Libra who can never make up her mind about anything! LOL!

Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement, everyone! :D

Paula

beclectic
04-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Barbara, you're right, I need to play around and draw some ideas. I've just started playing with PMC, so I'd like to make a piece or two from that to go with this, too. Probably my biggest problem is being a typical Libra who can never make up her mind about anything! LOL!

Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement, everyone! :D

Paula

I'm a Libra too and I can make up my mind for a few minutes at least before it is off on some tangent. I've been practicing reining it in and keeping focused on one type of art (well 2 really). I am much happier now that I've focused on jewelry and bead making and I find that I am accomplishing a lot more.

As far as how much is spent on components, I try to ignore that and just let the components lead me where they will. I know that if the design is good I will do the components justice. Trust yourself. The bead design is beautiful, the beads you have gathered are beautiful, let them lead you to a solution.

Now go grasshopper and flow with the beads. :::refer back to the Kung Fu show on TV in the dark ages:::: :D

Gingerbiscuit
04-20-2004, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=gypsysoul]Oh I wish I'd noticed this project when it started! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. :D

This is the first of my own beads that I've kept for myself, and I've been collecting things for a couple of months to go with it. Paula

Paula, your bead and the selection you have made to go with it are beautiful. I can't wait to see what you make!! :clap:

Lynne :)

lisilk
04-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Hey, guess what ? One of the pieces I did for this project is sure to win the Fugly design challenge ! LOL. I don't know what happened. It's like I woke up that day and completely forgot everything I know about color and design. LOL. It's hideous kinky ! :p

Can't wait to see what everyone else came up with.

Li

TheBlueBetween
04-20-2004, 04:32 PM
oooh look what I just stumbled on: http://www.virgomoon.com/html04/mint_julep.html

It reminds me a lot of your bead and colors - maybe it will give you some ideas as well... :)

TheBlueBetween
04-20-2004, 04:40 PM
It's hideous kinky ! :p

Can't wait to see it! And Hideous Kinky??? Did you see that movie???? I loved it.

DonnaBee
04-21-2004, 12:24 AM
I just went through and "Browsed the Gallery", looking at all our WIP images. I look forward to seeing some on Thursday! My cigar box purse is ready. (It won't have any of my lampwork on it, (I tried making a certain bead, and it wasn't meant to be this time!) So I substituted something else, (painted shells) and I am happy with this as well.

I love the project system and all we have been doing with it! I have really been enjoying it.

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-21-2004, 09:14 AM
ONE MORE DAY UNTIL THE UNVEILING!!

Wooo-hooo!!!

I can't wait to see all the finished projects! /tap dances.

(I obviously have gotten my morning injection of OJ. /wink)

~Danielle

Gingerbiscuit
04-21-2004, 09:25 AM
(I obviously have gotten my morning injection of OJ. /wink)

I noticed!!!!

Fyrsmith
04-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone,
I have been working on this project and have been having a lot of design problems. I'm just not happy with what I've come up with yet. I want to incorporate "seascape" beads and chiton shells, but the shells are both very hard to drill, even with diamond points, and brittle once drilled. And I have not been happy with my beads. BUT, while writing this, I think I have just solved the shell problem!! Can't wait to get home and try it.

-Don-

Gingerbiscuit
04-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Hi everyone,
I have been working on this project and have been having a lot of design problems. I'm just not happy with what I've come up with yet. I want to incorporate "seascape" beads and chiton shells, but the shells are both very hard to drill, even with diamond points, and brittle once drilled. And I have not been happy with my beads. BUT, while writing this, I think I have just solved the shell problem!! Can't wait to get home and try it.

-Don-

I'm not familiar with the shape of this shell, but if it has a "pointy bit" at the top, you could file this down with an emery board, exposing a tiny hole. Just a thought - don't know if it will help as I don't know the shell!

gypsysoul
04-21-2004, 02:13 PM
oooh look what I just stumbled on: http://www.virgomoon.com/html04/mint_julep.html

It reminds me a lot of your bead and colors - maybe it will give you some ideas as well... :)

Pam, thank you for that link! :clap: I love Mary's work and I hadn't looked at her site in a few weeks. I'm so glad to see she's finally able to be making jewelry again! That necklace is gorgeous!! Ironically, I was thinking (about mine) along the same idea: asymmetrical, multi-strand, and some kind of fringe treatment. I also found a second stash of stuff I bought for the necklace that I'd forgotten about. I guess I'd better get moving and do something with it! :D

Paula

Fyrsmith
04-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone,

Gingerbiscuit, check out post #16 in this thread. The first pic is the chiton shells, these are more like tooth enamel that shell. They have a wonderful shape and some of them are naturally tinted a very light blue.

-Don-

Gingerbiscuit
04-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Gingerbiscuit, check out post #16 in this thread. The first pic is the chiton shells, these are more like tooth enamel that shell. They have a wonderful shape and some of them are naturally tinted a very light blue.

-Don-

Thanks Don. They are lovely. I can see that my emery board would be useless!

beclectic
04-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Pam, thank you for that link! :clap: I love Mary's work and I hadn't looked at her site in a few weeks. I'm so glad to see she's finally able to be making jewelry again! That necklace is gorgeous!! Ironically, I was thinking (about mine) along the same idea: asymmetrical, multi-strand, and some kind of fringe treatment. I also found a second stash of stuff I bought for the necklace that I'd forgotten about. I guess I'd better get moving and do something with it! :D

Paula

Sounds like you need to make a couple of beads to go with that second stash. You could have the start of a whole line of jewelry!

beclectic
04-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi everyone,

-Don-

What about melting through with a hot pointy object? Although if it is like tooth enamel that wouldn't work.

gypsysoul
04-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Sounds like you need to make a couple of beads to go with that second stash. You could have the start of a whole line of jewelry!

Barb, I've been thinking the same thing. That's the problem with having to buy things in strands, isn't it? Pretty soon you have a bead store!! LOL!

Actually, I have several beads already that I could probably use with whatever stash I have left over because the past couple of months I've sort of been developing a series along the theme of "things that you see as you're walking along the shore". Here's a few of them, but some of these are no longer in my possession:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/10675-1.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/10675-2.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/10675-3.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/10675-4.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2004/10675-5.jpg

Paula

beclectic
04-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Yahoo!!

It is officially 4/22 at WC so I can post my entry.

Finally!!!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Doh, it's not 4/22 here yet!! I was so excited after I read Barbara's post that I ran off and posted my pics. LOL.

Oh well...anyhoo, enjoy everyone! Barbara, your necklace is absolutely beautiful. I love it. It's SOOOO my kinda' thing!

Alan, great bead! I have a soft spot for sailboats.

Bah, please excuse my memory, but the painting is really nice as well, but I don't think it's wearable...? /chuckle No worries, I'm glad we inspired someone!

~Danielle

lisilk
04-21-2004, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=beclectic]Yahoo!!

It is officially 4/22 at WC so I can post my entry.

Finally!!![/QUOTE}

ROFLOL ! I was wondering what time zone you were in that you were 5 hours ahead of me and still in the states ! LOL.

That said, I guess I'll go check out what's been posted.

Li

p.s. Paula- those beads are amazing !

lisilk
04-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35952

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/29029/tn_Under_the_Deep_Blue_Sea%28450%29.jpg

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35954

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/29029/tn_DolphinBead%28250%29.jpg

So beautiful Barbara ! :clap: :clap: I bet it just glistens in the light. It just flows and those dolphin beads are something else !

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35955

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/30512/tn_MermaidTreasure.jpg

Oh my Danielle, so unique. The fiber really feels like seaweed amounst the oceans treasures. This is a really special piece. :clap: :clap:

Li

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-21-2004, 10:46 PM
LOL...thanks Li! I laugh because I forgot to mention in the description that there's ostrich egg shell spacers in there...how oceany is that?! :p Silly mermaids...just collect whatever floats down to the bottom of the ocean floor. /wink wink

~D.

beclectic
04-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35955

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/30512/tn_MermaidTreasure.jpg

It is beautiful. I want some close-ups of the different beads. So many things going on together and making such a harmonious whole.

WC is on GMT which means that when the dateline crosses Greenwich, England it is officially 4/22 here on WC. So that is the time I used. I wanted to post before I went to bed and I can't stay up much longer and get up by 6:00 a.m. EDT which is the time zone my body is in. :::and well I waited as long as I could::: :angel:

Concerning my entry: A note about the dolphins. That is one bead. The 3 dolphins make a sort of triangle. The bead has a light AB finish that makes it glisten as Li suggested and the small aqua round beads are actually two color beads, they are blue and green. I wish I could take better pictures.

DonnaBee
04-21-2004, 11:07 PM
You guys are cracking me up! To no end! Yay, I am off to look at all your entries.... :D

(my photos are ready to go, but it is only ten here, I think I will go have a soak in my hottub before I post them! neeners. But hey, at least I am going to wait until it is the 22nd in my country! one more hour... then I post my pics... but I will make comments before I leave... you are all so funny! I bet you all peek at your Christmas presents too )

DonnaBee
04-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35952

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/29029/tn_Under_the_Deep_Blue_Sea%28450%29.jpg

OH BARBARA! This is beautiful! It is sublime, and like the clearest pure water. Anyone who would wear this would feel transformed. Glass is a liquid, and you have captured the most beautiful qualities of glass... and the sea... I can't say enough.. truly...

DonnaBee
04-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35486

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/13186/tn_13186-Sailboat_bead.jpg

Alan, you have made a painting from glass stringer, it is very impressive. :)

DonnaBee
04-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35553

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/20472/tn_reworked_sunset_wavethumbnail.jpg

MaryAnn, oh yes it works. It really moves me, I can't even imagine how I would feel if I could see it in person!

DonnaBee
04-21-2004, 11:22 PM

Danielle, I do not exagerate, it's one of the most gorgeous neckpieces I have seen. I have always liked necklaces with fiber in them, knotted scarves, etc. So this piece really calls to me. (Also I am a Pisces.) I don't know how you did it, but you have expressed "The Deep Blue Sea" with fibers. You mixed a lot of media, and it absolutely works! I would wear this proudly any day of the week. It would go with a black dress, and it would also go with nice jeans and a top. It's just outstanding, I can't say enough. :)

beclectic
04-21-2004, 11:25 PM
OH BARBARA! This is beautiful! It is sublime, and like the clearest pure water. Anyone who would wear this would feel transformed. Glass is a liquid, and you have captured the most beautiful qualities of glass... and the sea... I can't say enough.. truly...

Oh Donna, what you said is so poetic. You made me cry in a good way. Thank you so much. Danielle and Li thank you for what you said too. This piece made itself. I had the idea but the beads just jumped onto the stringing material. Each strand knew what it's place would be. There was one strand that I thought should be the second longest but beads just stopped going on, I couldn't think what should come next. It was the second shortest strand. That's where it belonged. It's why it was so hard for me to wait to show it.

DonnaBee
04-21-2004, 11:25 PM
See you all on the 22nd!

hee, I love you guys.

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-21-2004, 11:33 PM
...Danielle, I do not exagerate, it's one of the most gorgeous neckpieces I have seen. I have always liked necklaces with fiber in them, knotted scarves, etc. So this piece really calls to me. (Also I am a Pisces.) I don't know how you did it, but you have expressed "The Deep Blue Sea" with fibers. You mixed a lot of media, and it absolutely works! I would wear this proudly any day of the week. It would go with a black dress, and it would also go with nice jeans and a top. It's just outstanding, I can't say enough. :)

Awwww..../grins from ear to ear! You make me feel so ARTSY! The mutual love is here for ya' lady! Seriously though, like Barbara said, you say the NICEST things! I feel like a little blowfish that's all puffed right up with pride!

/blush

~D.

lisilk
04-22-2004, 12:00 AM
WC is on GMT which means that when the dateline crosses Greenwich, England it is officially 4/22 here on WC. So that is the time I used. I wanted to post before I went to bed and I can't stay up much longer and get up by 6:00 a.m. EDT which is the time zone my body is in. :::and well I waited as long as I could::: :angel:

I never could keep that straight. I'm a dork ! LOL. :rolleyes: :p :confused: :D

Shirley C.
04-22-2004, 12:23 AM

barbara, this is a wonderful piece!! It flows like the ocean, the colors are just right, and the placement of the dolphin pod is perfect.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

i suspect that the artist who made the dolphin pod is ginger sanders. i have some of her hummingbird beads, and i bid on several of her dolphin pods but always managed to get outbid. hmmm... it was probably you. :D

great job on this project, i love it!

Shirley C.
04-22-2004, 12:28 AM

danielle, this piece is so ME! it really captures the ocean and is earthy at the same time. the inclusion of fiber is wonderful - i so enjoy seeing fiber incorporated into jewelry and you've done it so well. so...

can i have it? :D :D :D :evil:

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Hmmm...lets see Shirley...what can we swap? /wink wink nudge nudge

/giggle

~Danielle

lisilk
04-22-2004, 02:43 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35959

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/27514/tn_beads_047.jpg

I LOVE your cigar box purse Donna ! :clap: :clap: That very cool. The pen work looks like ripples in the water and the shells and beads just finish it off beautifully. You do these so well. It's very classy.

Li

P.S. I'm so bummed. I also started one of these but got caught up in silk dye. :(

Fyrsmith
04-22-2004, 04:32 AM
It worked! And my latest seascape bead came out of the kiln looking very nice, so I spent all evening putting my piece together. It's past midnight here so I can officially post it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

-Don-

lisilk
04-22-2004, 04:44 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35970

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/32286/tn_PICT0837-r.jpg

That bead you created is beautiful and dramatic. It looks like an Asian wave/ ocean painting. The whole piece is quite stunning. I like the repetition of shapes and movement.

Li

beclectic
04-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35966

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/17813/tn_T38.jpg

Li, all 3 scarves are beautiful but this one is the knock-out of the 3. I love the way the elements have parts that are outside the frame. It gives the piece such a feeling of depth. The design, composition, colors and execution of detail all combine to create an underwater fantasy.

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35959

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/27514/tn_beads_047.jpg

Donna, I think the way you interrupted our theme onto this box is fantastic. Your choice of the box to use was inspired. The penwork on the front really enhances the watery feel. The fabric you printed with the altered image is worthy of more use. It would be lovely quilted. Everything about this purse says water, sea and sea creatures. The painted shells on the front are just the right touch.

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35970

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/32286/tn_PICT0837-r.jpg

Fyrsmith, Such a lovely watery bead. The waves on the bead, the blue water of it and the shape of the chiton shells makes me think of rays gliding through the deep. Now that you have solved the chiton shell problem in such a creative way they can make an added possible element in your jewelry creations.

Cyndi L
04-22-2004, 08:11 AM
Everything looks so wonderful! I'm going to check back throughout today to see what else ends up in the final gallery...I have to go to my "real" job this morning... :rolleyes:

Here's mine:
http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35976

beclectic
04-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35976

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/40061/tn_wind-waves-lg.jpg

I knew this was going to be georgeous from the 'in progress' pictures but the finished piece is perfection. Paua shell really captures the currents of ocean and the collar part makes me think of sea anemones.

What a fun day. The treats just keep coming.

McDuck
04-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Barbara, beautiful necklace, I love the use of the dolphin bead and all the strands!

Oh yes Danielle, I had a sneaky preview of this lovley! woohoo way to go! Very nice use of multi media too!

Oh Alan, i see the tropical sun and crystal clear blue water. I AM IN!

Maryann, I can not paint to save my soul, but your water is so cool and invigoratind to look at.

Li, that scarf is gorgeous! I want one! *jumps up anddown like 5 year old*

Donna, hun you are so very talented and live just a stones throw away too. I need to find time to come up soon to fondle your bad :D Lovely!

Don, that pendant would look "mighty fine" oround my neck, or hanging under my chin. LOL love those shells!

Cyndi, I lvoe the colors and use of the beadies! Texture, oooh I love texture! may I try it on? :evil:

Oh Pam that is beautiful! Just lovely, it too should be placed lovingly around y neck for a try on :evil: course if I forget to take it off, does that mean it's mine? lol

-mary...errrr...mcduck...no deep blue sea project for me wah :(

beclectic
04-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35978

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/27814/tn_workinprogress6.jpg

Pam, that just turned out super. I'm glad you didn't tear it out and start over. This lovely creation would have never seen the light of day. What a great concept, perfectly executed.

This group of project entries with others to come would make a great show at a brick and morter gallery or a great article for Bead & Button or one of the other beadie magazines. I'm a terrible writer or I'd do it.

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Li, while the mermaid is gorgeous and I adore her truly, the Turtle! OMG the Turtle! I can't stand it! If I could afford it, I'd buy that from you and never take it off my body! (OK, maybe I would to shower daily, but hey...) It is STUNNING! I can't stand it; I'm so over the top, head over heels, in love with that scarf. /drooooooooooooooool

Ohhh, the eye candy in here!

Don, that necklace is -really- inventive. These little sea critters you use, I'd like to see them while they're still alive! Such an interesting house they have. And the bead is beautiful.

Donna~ You make me so green with envy over your cigar box purse! I love it! I've been a huge fan of them since they first started to come out and I want one desperately, but just don't have the time or resources to make one yet. I love how you took the Helix theme and worked it all over the box. Really creative. And blue! Just my colors. ;) /wink wink nudge nudge

Pam~ You necklace. Now there's a looker. I could gush for hours on that alone. It is too fabulous for words. The green is a phenomenal shade and that lampwork bag in the middle!! I've never seen anything like that before! Oh my, if I could afford THAT one too, I'd be wearing it all over town. It's calling my name!!! I must admit, I'm not always into the heavily beaded pieces, but this one is right up my alley. It's soft looking, yet the color scheme and freeform design flows nicely.

Cyndi~ The hours you have invested in there really show. I could never in a million years sit and work that kind of magic. I love the pieces in the middle. Beautiful!!! You must have the patience of a saint!!

I sound like a gushing geyser here folks, but honestly, you blow me away with your creativity.

I'm so proud to have you all here in Wearable Arts!!

~D.

lissadivamama
04-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Everything is so beautiful and unique! What a wonderful project so far... I can't wait to see ALL the finished work!

Mine is partially finished - I hope to be able to finish it tonight and get the photos taken tomorrow...

TheBlueBetween
04-22-2004, 10:37 AM
WoW!!!! What a fun project and what BEAUTIFUL finished items!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't even know where to start -

Li, your silks are STUNNING ! Reminds me of diving so much - just breathtaking! How long did it take you to make that coral reef one??? It's so detailed and colorful.

DonnaBee, your box/bag is so pretty! I love everything about it - the color, the swirls, the textured paper, the tassle... you might convince me to even try a box down the road, even though I thought it was just a big fad when I first saw one 6 months ago - great job!

Barbara - your necklace is just beautiful too. It looks like water - or looks like it would look like water - around your neck. It also reminds me of vacations past - it really brings me back to a few of our adventures with dolphins. So nice!

Don - great pendant! Love the landscape bead and the whales tales (they are, aren't they?) are a great addition to it! Really lovely!

Alan - what a fun little bead! I think you should try putting some of your painting skills to glass more often :)

Cyndi - STUNNING too! Just WOW! I can't even begin to think how tired your eyes must be after a piece like that. I bet it's just 1000 times more beautiful in person too...

Maryann - thanks for adding a painting - it's so pretty - and yes it works for me - brings me right to the beach at sunset...

And finally, Danielle - COOL! It all came together and it looks sooooo great! You can totally see your bangle/bracelet style in this but it's gone WAY beyond that! I've been fondeling the pretty fibers at the craft store for a month wondering what in the world I could do with them without learning to knit... and now I have an idea or two...

phew, made it through the list, and now have a kid calling for me... so will check back later for more additions!

:) Pam

Cyndi L
04-22-2004, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=beclectic]Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35978

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/27814/tn_workinprogress6.jpg

See? See? We told you so LOL!!

TheBlueBetween
04-22-2004, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=beclectic]Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35978

See? See? We told you so LOL!!

I KNOW!!!! I just LOVE it - I'm so happy with it and I'm so glad I listened to you guys instead of my DH who has no sense of style or art it turns out. LOL. :) (Thanks for all the great compliments everyone!)

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Pam, stop torturing me! I can't stand to look at that necklace and not have withdrawls from not owning it! LOL.

Oh to be the bust you display it on.../giggle

~D.

TheBlueBetween
04-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Pam, stop torturing me! I can't stand to look at that necklace and not have withdrawls from not owning it! LOL.

Oh to be the bust you display it on.../giggle

~D.

ROFLMAO!!!! Danielle, I'm sure it would look much nicer on you than on my display bust ;) My kid actually wrote on my display bust and I just saw it today. So I have to get a new one because I can't get it off. Well, I still have to try hairspray. But if I can't get it off, perhaps I can send you the bust, and you can say "this was the bust that that Sea Garden necklace sat on". LOL!!!!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Cruel...that's just cruel...

But it's funny as heck! LOL.

Pam, you tease! ;)

~D.

Barrie
04-22-2004, 12:49 PM
OMG!!!! That was pure torture - I just went through all the finished entries!! And I don't get to own any of them - that's the torturous part!!! They're all so gorgeous! What a humbling experience that was, this forum has the most amazing collection of talent. Whew!! I am absolutely breathless after all those - I'd love to comment on everyones, but you don't want to read a three page post! :) All the bead/beaded necklaces are STUNNING, Donna your purse is wonderful!! Li - your scarves!!!! Are you selling them? :evil: Everything, absolutely everything is breathtaking!!! I'm kind of kicking myself for not joining in, but just don't have the time to do it justice!! Way to go you guys!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Beads-Me!
04-22-2004, 01:14 PM
I missed out on this exchange but since this so matches your theme I had to show it a minute. Great stuff everyone!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Nancy, I think you should just start sending me all your pieces. Or better yet, can you just come and work in my studio? I'll make room!!!

/wink wink

~D.

DonnaBee
04-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Thanks each person who made a comment on my entry! It made me very happy reading every one of them! :D

I will be back later to look at the rest of the uploads of final images, and to comment on them! I should be back by the end of tonight.

My mom is visiting us today. "Toodles" for now! :)

lisilk
04-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35976

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/40061/tn_wind-waves-lg.jpg

This is so complex I could stare at it for hours...that would be easier to do in person. Do you need my address ? :evil: Breathtaking !

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35979

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/27814/tn_workinprogress6a.jpg

I'm so glad you kept going with this. It's amazing ! It's gorgeous ! ( Gee, think I like it ? )

All of the entries go beyond expectations. Fantastic work everyone ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Danielle, thanks for starting the project.

Barbara, Mary, Danielle, Barrie, Pam...Thank you all for your generous comments on my entries.

Pam- The Turtle scarf took about 25- 30 hours. A lot of that is sitting around thinking...hm, where in the heck do I go next ? LOL

Barrie- Yes, I do sell them, in fact I have a big show coming soon. I just haven't gotten a website together yet cuz I'm cheap ! LOL.

Nancy/ Beads Me- This was not an exchange. Please do add your beautiful star fish necklace to the finals gallery !

Cheers,

beclectic
04-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35998

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/17813/tn_mermaidsilk.JPG

Li, I'm so glad you added this mermaid. She is so pensive. I just love this design.

beclectic
04-22-2004, 03:33 PM
I missed out on this exchange but since this so matches your theme I had to show it a minute. Great stuff everyone!

Nancy - the project has no close date and no limit on participants. You could enter the project and post this lovely necklace in the gallery. This was never an exchange project, though looking at the beautiful entries I sort of wish it was, but I don't know if I could send my baby off yet.

Li, you posted while I was writing this. Sorry for the duplication.

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-22-2004, 03:41 PM
I like Li's mermaids because they have red hair like me!

/grin

~D.

Gingerbiscuit
04-22-2004, 03:50 PM
I have sooo enjoyed looking at all the beautiful work. Just fabulous!

Lynne :) (who also has red hair)

lisilk
04-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36008

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/13672/tn_seafoamnk2.jpg

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36009

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/13672/tn_seafoamear2.jpg

This is lovely Lissa ! I love the cool water colors and shapes of the stones. :clap: The matching earring and bracelet are perfect. Are the earrings heavy ?

Li

Thank you Barbara and Danielle for commenting on my mermaid. ;)

Beads-Me!
04-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Really? Cool! I knew I couldn't part with it - it'sone of my favorites of the moment. But if it's just pictures... away I go! ;)

TheBlueBetween
04-22-2004, 07:50 PM

Beautiful Nancy! I've seen that one before but it's just as nice the second time around and perfect for the project - hope you enter it formally :)

artbabe21
04-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Wow!! What talented people!! :D This is fabulous work all!! Take a bow!!

beclectic
04-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36010

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/13672/tn_seafoambrac.jpg

How about 3 bars on each end made from SS wire with a loop on each end. The bars would be graduated in size so that by the time the 3rd bar was next to the lozenge it would be as long as the bar through the lozenge?

I love the colors and look of all 3 pieces. You are right the 2 types of briolettes go great together. I think the bracelet is especially georgeous.

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=36012

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/14950/tn_11111111StarfishNecklace.jpg

Nancy, you put it in and it is a great addition to the Gallery. We are making one beautiful exhibition. :cool:

DonnaBee
04-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35966

Li, I have never seen anything like this. It appeals to me very powerfully. The mermaid made me pause and look quite a few minutes. The large turtle looks majestic, and I really admire this work you have done here very much.

DonnaBee
04-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36009

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/13672/tn_seafoamear2.jpg

Stunning! Your wirework is always top notch. You really chose gourgeous gems to represent the sea. And it all really does it justice! The necklace is a stunner as well. Well made, and with high quality gems. And just enough unique interest to make it unusual and desirable.

DonnaBee
04-22-2004, 11:40 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35978

Oh Pam! This is glorious. It is a very sensoeus piece. It is like an abundant gift of bounty, something one would give to a woman who they love deeply and very much.

DonnaBee
04-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35970

What a very satisfying pendant! It all works great together. So unique, and clearly communicates the sea! I am glad you found a way to work those stubborn chiton shells in, as they are the perfect matches for the lampwork. It's so unique and interesting!

DonnaBee
04-22-2004, 11:49 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36012

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/14950/tn_11111111StarfishNecklace.jpg

Nancy, it's really, really cool. It looks like a high-end piece, (which it must be.) That is an unusual star I haven't seen anywhere! I love your sense of jewelry design with all the different elements you seem to scope out and find! I do love many of your pieces, and would love to own some one day.

DonnaBee
04-22-2004, 11:55 PM

Oh Cyndi.... what can I say about a masterpiece? It looks museum quality to me. I am in awe at the level of design and construction techniques you are executing to make your creations. And abolone, I have loved for many years. I am partial to the abalone. :)

lissadivamama
04-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the great comments! I was a bit nervous about posting these pieces - they seemed pretty plain compared to all these other gorgeous submittals.

Li - the earrings aren't heavy at all.

Barbara - thanks for the suggestion on the bracelet. I had the necklace and earrings done and thought that would be it for my submittal, but that chrysoprase just kept yelling at me. I have been wanting to do a bracelet or choker in this design for a long time but hadn't ever worked out the kinks. I tried it with wire-wrapping everything and just couldn't get it to lay right, so finally decided to just wire-wrap the ladder part and use soft-flex for the frame.

Donna - your compliments always mean so much to me :) I have to admit I was pretty proud of my choice of gemstones for this. I really need to go buy more of the chrysoprase - it has been a wealth of inspiration. I've pretty much used up the ones that had the seafoam hues, but there is still about a half strand of really green ones that I am trying to design around!

Cyndi L
04-23-2004, 09:38 AM

I am partial to the abalone. :)

Me too Donna! Thanks so much for your compliment on the piece...I'm still trying to decide what do do next. Playing around with several new designs and working on paperarts in the meantime :)

This was a really fun project, wasn't it?

TheBlueBetween
04-23-2004, 10:22 AM

Oh Pam! This is glorious. It is a very sensoeus piece. It is like an abundant gift of bounty, something one would give to a woman who they love deeply and very much.

Thank You Donna! You have the most thoughtful comments. I love your interpretation of mine as a gift of bounty. {{{{Hugs}}}}

TheBlueBetween
04-23-2004, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the great comments! I was a bit nervous about posting these pieces - they seemed pretty plain compared to all these other gorgeous submittals.

Oh NO Lissa! Your pieces are wonderful and the gemstones you chose are perfect! I purchased some similar ones (though I doubt they are as nice) and have been at a loss at what to do with them. Well that's not true, I had them sitting on my work bench when a friend came over and said she would like them put into a longish necklace for her - when I bought them I thought bracelet. So I have not been able to do it yet - they won't "let" me. I think it's amazing how certain beads/stones call for certain designs and I think you've done your stones beautiful justice.

beclectic
04-23-2004, 12:22 PM
I've pretty much used up the ones that had the seafoam hues, but there is still about a half strand of really green ones that I am trying to design around!

:D If you can't think of anything to do with them you can just discard them. Send them to me, I'll throw them away for you. :D

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35998

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/17813/tn_mermaidsilk.JPG

Li, these are just stunning! Would you come paint the walls of my studio? lol I would be one happy girl surrounded by your oceanic world while I make beads. Gorgeous!

Paula

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36008

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/13672/tn_seafoamnk2.jpg

Very elegant, Melissa! Yum.

Paula

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35962

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/27514/tn_beads_049.jpg

Donna, your purse is wonderful! Makes me want to go on vacation. :D

Paula

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:31 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35979

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/27814/tn_workinprogress6a.jpg

Oh Pam! This just knocks my socks off! Like Danielle, I don't usually think of myself wearing seriously beaded pieces like this, but I might never take this one off. BEEEEAUTIFUL!

Paula

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:34 AM

Don, love your bead, love the shells, love the whole piece! Makes me think of deep, cold Lake Superior.

Paula

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:39 AM

Barbara, my DH and I rented a condo right on the beach in San Diego one fall and we saw dolphins almost every day. It was such a beautiful, peaceful week, and your necklace took me right back there. You've done a great job of capturing the water sparkling in the sun. I love it!

Paula

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:42 AM

Cute sailboat, Alan! I know you have only been lampworking a relatively short time--your beads are coming right along! I could'nt do that well with stringer after three years. :)

Paula

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:43 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35553

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/20472/tn_reworked_sunset_wavethumbnail.jpg

Maryann, it's beautiful! I want to be on that beach watching those waves right now!

Paula

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:45 AM

Danielle, you made this just for me, right? lol I am crazy about this piece!

Paula

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36012

Nancy, I went limp over that same necklace and bought some large stones quite similar to yours. I love your multi-strand take on it--the liquid silver and the other small beads really enhance the watery effect. Gorgeous!!

Paula

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 11:50 AM

Cyndi, how do you have the patience for such intricate work? Absolutely stunning!!!

Paula

Cyndi L
04-24-2004, 04:12 PM

Cyndi, how do you have the patience for such intricate work? Absolutely stunning!!!

Paula

Hi Paula! Patience is not my problem...eyesight is! And getting dinner done on time. And remembering to pick up the kids...

Gingerbiscuit
04-25-2004, 04:00 AM
Hi Paula! Patience is not my problem...eyesight is! And getting dinner done on time. And remembering to pick up the kids...

Hi Cyndi!

I work with small seed beads a lot. I frequently get comments about patience. My favourite answer is one I saw on the net last year:

"You don't need patience when you enjoy what you are doing!"

Very true, don't you think?? Now where are my size 15's??? LOL!!

(I agree with you about eyesight!)

Lori Peterson
04-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35967

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/17813/tn_T35.jpg

This is, quite possibly, the most amazingly beautiful thing I have ever seen. I am truly in awe.

Charlee
04-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35967

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/17813/tn_T35.jpg

May I just go ahead and pass out from the sheer beauty of this? Li, Your work just blows my mind.

Charlee

Charlee
04-26-2004, 06:05 PM

Alan, this is fun - makes me smile!

Charlee

Charlee
04-26-2004, 06:07 PM

I love what you did with the liquid silver! :clap: That really makes this piece outstanding. And yeah, I love the chalcedony too. Yummy stuff, that.

Charlee

Charlee
04-26-2004, 06:13 PM

Barbara, this is so pretty, it makes me all wiggly. :D The dolphin triumvirate is really cool. I bet it feels good on, doesn't it?

Charlee

Charlee
04-26-2004, 06:14 PM

Ooooh Cyndi, the colors and the paua - wow! This is lovely and so very deep blue sea!

Charlee

Charlee
04-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=35959

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Donna, I said earlier I had a thing for spirals. :D Your purse is just wonderful! Would make such a lovely treasure box on my dresser....

Charlee

beclectic
04-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Barbara, this is so pretty, it makes me all wiggly. :D The dolphin triumvirate is really cool. I bet it feels good on, doesn't it?

Charlee

Yes as a matter of fact it does. It is very light weight and doesn't turn at all which I thought it might. Thanks for the compliment.

Charlee
04-26-2004, 06:19 PM

Your bead captures the surf - I can almost hear it. Incorporating the shells the way you did was a touch of the divine. :D

Charlee

Charlee
04-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36007

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/13672/tn_seafoamnk1.jpg

Love the stones and the colors are perfect!

Charlee

lisilk
04-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Thank you Donna, Paula, Lori and Charlee for your very kind comments on my silk. It's always nice to hear how others see them because I've lost perspective. We never see our own work the way others do.

Cheers,

Li

Charlee
04-26-2004, 06:24 PM

Ooooh Pam, that's too yummy! It's a reef with all the sealife floating about. :D I really do like it.

Charlee

TheBlueBetween
04-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Thank you Donna, Paula, Lori and Charlee for your very kind comments on my silk. It's always nice to hear how others see them because I've lost perspective. We never see our own work the way others do.

Cheers,

Li

I'm sure that's true Li, but I don't see how anyone could see your piece as anything other than absolutely AMAZING!!! I look at it and is just takes me right back to the days I've spent snorkling and diving in the Keys, Belize and Hawaii. It's wonderful :)

TheBlueBetween
04-26-2004, 06:25 PM

Ooooh Pam, that's too yummy! It's a reef with all the sealife floating about. :D I really do like it.

Charlee

exactly!!! thanks :)

Charlee
04-26-2004, 06:27 PM

Danielle, you chose the perfect name for your piece. I love the way the fiber is all floaty about like...well, you already said this, but it *does* look like seaweed! The irridescence on some of the beads really puts it over the top.

Charlee

toozygoot
04-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35966

This underwater fantasy is just breathtaking! Thanks for breaking it up into sections so we could see all the detail. That turtle!!! Just awesome!

toozygoot
04-26-2004, 07:03 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35959

Donna - I love your cigar box! What an inspired design and such a gorgeous tassle! I think I may take inspiration from what you've done. Great job on this!

toozygoot
04-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35978

Luscious! Absolutely luscious! I have always loved pieces like this. The focal is so etherial! Beautiful work!

toozygoot
04-26-2004, 07:08 PM

I love the lightness and airiness of this piece. Just so perfect for summer! You did a great job of putting all the elements together!

pat

toozygoot
04-26-2004, 07:11 PM

I love how the beads and shells came together for this piece! Each really compliments the other! Beautiful!

pat

DonnaBee
04-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Wow! Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate it!! :) Thanks for taking the time to give a comment to my entry.

It's a great project. I would encourage anyone to sign up.

toozygoot
04-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=36012

Nancy - Having seen you wearing this gorgeous piece, you know how much I love it. It is truly stunning! And you wear it so well!

pat

toozygoot
04-27-2004, 10:20 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36010

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/13672/tn_seafoambrac.jpg

I love all the pieces in this set but your bracelet is my favorite. The different stones really work well together!

pat

toozygoot
04-27-2004, 10:21 AM

I think seascapes are so hard to get right. You sure got it right! I would love a piece as grand as this to hang in my home!

pat

toozygoot
04-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=35976

I am so entranced by art pieces like yours! I'm curious about how long it took to execute after you decided on the design and how you go about the whole concept of a piece like this. It is awesome!

pat

toozygoot
04-27-2004, 10:57 AM

Wow Danielle! I love the wire work on this and the fibre elements. I would love to see this in person! Beautiful piece!

pat

toozygoot
04-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36144

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/32015/tn_Deep_Blue_Sea_Bracelet_sm.jpg

I couldn't imagine how you got so much on one bracelet! You could really get lost in this one! I love it!

pat

toozygoot
04-27-2004, 11:01 AM

What a cool sailboat bead! And I love how you got the puffy white clouds in there too! Great job!

pat

beclectic
04-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36144

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/32015/tn_Deep_Blue_Sea_Bracelet_sm.jpg

Those starfish are great and the spiny fringe really gives the feeling of a coral reef and the little sea animonies (flowers) work well too. You could call this a Lush Garden Under the Sea and your entry qualifies for both of our working projects. :D The Lush Garden Project is an exchange and I'm not suggesting you should exchange your bracelet, just that it would qualify.

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36146

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/13931/tn_scan0009.jpg

Toozy, those hill tribe shells are just perfect. It is simple but simple is usully the most striking and these are.

I think it is fun how people keep posting new work in this gallery. I just never know what I'm going to find here.

TheBlueBetween
04-27-2004, 11:46 AM

Fabulous!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I LOVE it!!! Did you make the starfish and fishies?

TheBlueBetween
04-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=view_image&entry_id=36146

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/665/completed/13931/tn_scan0009.jpg

These earrings are great! Very elegant! Are they heavy?

toozygoot
04-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Thank you Barbara and Pam! I bought a bunch of these shell beads and I think the next pair will be done with small freshwater pearls. There is some weight to these but they aren't heavy at all.

pat

Archer
04-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the positive input! I'm enjoying this - my first project.

I am so impressed with all the work that has been submitted, really need to do individual posts.

And yes, I did make the fishies and starfish. The fish turned out much better than the starfish.

Maryanne in PA

lisilk
04-27-2004, 11:58 PM

This is really beautiful, very tidal pool. I like that almost clown fish looking bead.

Very pretty and breezy Pat.

Li

DonnaBee
04-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=36146

Oh Pat, I am almost speechless. They are very, very beautiful. My jaw dropped. You are such a talented jewerly artisan.... I just have to say it...

DonnaBee
04-28-2004, 08:59 AM

Archer it is fabulous! I love that there is a little fish hiding in there... Just a fabulous piece. You took great care with it and it shows.

Alan Cross
04-28-2004, 05:15 PM

Alan, this is fun - makes me smile!

Charlee

Thanks and I am glad you enjoyed it.

Alan Cross
04-28-2004, 05:16 PM

What a cool sailboat bead! And I love how you got the puffy white clouds in there too! Great job!

pat

Thanks Pat.....it was fun to make

Andee
05-21-2005, 03:28 AM
I just stumbled over this project again and had a look at the entries - beautiful work, everyone!! :clap: I wonder why I didn't participate...? :confused:

beclectic
05-21-2005, 07:02 AM
The project started about a year ago. Isn't that around the time that you lost your job? Maybe you were too stressed out for a project.

Thanks for posting in this thread. I just revisited it and re-enjoyed all the beautiful things here. I have some of those spiral-shell cones and now I really want to make some earrings similar to the ones Pat made. I wonder if she would mind?

Andee
05-21-2005, 07:39 AM
The project started about a year ago. Isn't that around the time that you lost your job? Maybe you were too stressed out for a project.

Barbara - no, I lost my job in December 2003, so that can't be it. I think when the project started I wasn't quite the WC-maniac yet that I am now... ;)

TheBlueBetween
05-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Barbara - no, I lost my job in December 2003, so that can't be it. I think when the project started I wasn't quite the WC-maniac yet that I am now... ;)

Andee, you have been here from the beginning... addicted too WC from the beginning just like the rest of us ;) I can't immagine why you didn't either... but I don't think it's too late to join in the fun and post something, is it???

Or maybe it's time to start a new one?!

Andee
05-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Andee, you have been here from the beginning... addicted too WC from the beginning just like the rest of us ;) I can't immagine why you didn't either... but I don't think it's too late to join in the fun and post something, is it???

Or maybe it's time to start a new one?!

Pam - I checked, and I only delurked here a few days after the project was started, and in the beginning I was still very shy and a bit overwhelmed... :D Yup, I know I could still sign up, but somehow it feels this project is "finished", you know what I mean?

TheBlueBetween
05-21-2005, 11:52 AM
I do... that's why maybe it's time for a new one?