PDA

View Full Version : Using up Stringers

Kimberly Affleck
04-01-2004, 03:14 PM
I read a post yesterday where someone was going to get rid of all their stringers. I though this sounded like a good idea, as I have jars and jars of them, and a lot of latticino (I love to pull it, don't use it much). So I started looking at all of it and realized that I could not justify not putting all of that glass to use. So, I spent the day trying to use up a lot of stringer and latticino. I conentrated on the lavenders, yellows and spring colors. Here is what I came up with (there is one token boro bead in the group). I have a lot of stringers to go, but I sure had fun!

GardensOnGlass
04-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Very nice and springy, Kimberly! :)

McDuck
04-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Lovely Kimberly! I could help you :D as I dont enjoy making stringer :rolleyes: -Mary ...errrr...McDuck who needs a stringer maker

swamperfolk
04-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Hah!!! If I send you my stringer will you make my beads? Beatiful work. Think I'll concentrate on "string Control".

debkauz
04-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Now that's my kind of 'housekeeping!!!' That stringer was definately put to good use! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Debbie :D

saucy
04-01-2004, 05:39 PM
I did the same thing too Kimberly, but I still had tons left over. LOL Thanks for giving everyone more eye candy and inspiration!

craftylady
04-01-2004, 05:54 PM
I want to grow up and be like Kimberly Affleck! I love your floral beads. I cant make them to save my life I try and try but it comes out a big mess. Your beads always put a smile on my face.

DebbieSue
04-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Wow! Those florals are gorgeous! :)

Debbie

Lara
04-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Cool Kim. I have tons of stringer I have pulled, used once and not used again. I should do something with it, one of these days.

If you have extra twisties, use them to make dots, they make great multicolored dots.

Lara

AutumnH
04-01-2004, 10:14 PM
Starlia was kind enough to pack up some of her excess stringers to send to me. I'm so excited! My torch time is so limited, that stringers are a real issue for me. I get one evening every week, sometimes every two weeks. When I get down there I want to make BEADS. I pull a few stringers, but they aren't that great, and I don't have time. (yes, I am whining!)

I can't wait till my goodie box arrives. I'll have something usable to work with, and I can use my two torch hours making beads. I looooong for time to practice stringers, but until then, :clap: :clap: Starlia rocks!

Just a note: Once we pass May 10, and I graduate, I won't be found out of the studio for weeks. You may find DH posting hoping someone knows where I am!!

Kimberly Affleck
04-01-2004, 11:06 PM
I think that is pretty cool! I remember when I first started making beads (we're talking the first day here) I thought I would never get tired of making stringers! Ha! Now, I would love to hire someone to make them for me! I hear you about the lack of time! Yesterday was my first full day off in over a month, so I was really happy to be able to get on the torch for most of the day. I have another day off (at least so far) tomorrow!

Congratulations on finishing school!

Virginia L.
04-02-2004, 10:14 AM
HELLOOOOOOOOOO, Kimberly, looks like fun to me...she would have had more, but I talked her ear off in the afternoon. Those are so neat...I have to make a floral tomorrow, so I can finish off my newbie exchange beads ...boy, I am so bad at them, I am just avoiding the whole thing...I LOVE all those you made. :clap: :clap: :p :D ;) :cool: :rolleyes: :clap: - God Bless - Virginia L.

Ignuss-Fatuus
04-02-2004, 10:26 AM
beautiful beads kim! wowzers ! licks her screen

*Naos*
04-02-2004, 10:26 AM
5 florals would take me all day on my HH! LOL Good crop o' beads there and I like the differing styles. Bet you weren't bored a wit while making them! :)

Am

glassfreek
04-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Beautimus, Kim! I love the one with the purple/white flowers.....very detailed! The cased latticino ones are awesome too, great candy girl, thanks! xoxo miss ya..Deb