PDA

View Full Version : Mickey...in progress

RuthT
08-31-2001, 08:44 PM
Ink on sketch paper - 9"x6" approx.

I think it was digistyle who said that he did not know whether to be inspired (by works in this forum) or put his pens back in the box. I feel much the same way. But if I am going to do pen and ink, I have to start somewhere.

Gave up on an elephant that I started, but when I saw the photograph that Sandi's grandson had taken of their kitten I thought "If anything can get me past that 300th dot it is Mickey"

Think there must be about 300 now and it probably needs at least another 300, but am at the stage where I need to decide whether to include the louvered doors in the background
- If I do, should I try them in cross hatching or as a line drawing?
- If I do, should I finish the cat first, or start on the background and work on them together?

Any suggestions would be welcome :)

I'll now try to post the p&i and the reference photograph

RuthT
08-31-2001, 08:52 PM
Good grief :( I'll try again.

RuthT
08-31-2001, 09:07 PM
Fingers crossed :o

digistyle
08-31-2001, 11:42 PM
Yeah, Ruth, it was me. Luckily, inspiration won!:D Still not brave enough to try stipling yet. I think you're making good progress. Keep at it!!

digistyle

artdude
09-01-2001, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by RuthT

I think it was digistyle who said that he did not know whether to be inspired (by works in this forum) or put his pens back in the box. I feel much the same way. But if I am going to do pen and ink, I have to start somewhere.

DO NOT PUT THOSE PENS AWAY!! ;)

at the stage where I need to decide whether to include the louvered doors in the background
- If I do, should I try them in cross hatching or as a line drawing?
- If I do, should I finish the cat first, or start on the background and work on them together?

I would suggest that you finish the cat first and see what you think of it. If it needs more then add the doors. You will have to be carefull when doing the doors as far as the dark areas go. You don't want to loose your cat in the door areas. So the lights and darks will be an important factor in the drawing as a whole. You might even add something different to the drawing that is not in the photo. For example...Halloween is approaching and having him standing on a HUGE pumpkin would be a different idea. Well that's my 2 cents worth. Can't wait to see it finished :)

NorahT
09-01-2001, 02:40 PM
Hi Ruth - I like your little kitten, especially the eyes - something sure caught his attention!! :)

RuthT
09-01-2001, 05:49 PM
THANK YOU all for your encouragement, and for your advice on the background Artdude.

Back to the drawing board :D