PDA

View Full Version : It's April finished jewelry

double S
04-01-2004, 11:23 AM
OK I guess I will start this off again since I have been busy making stuff for my first show this weekend. Unfortunately there is a 70 % chance of rain :crying: .
Some braclets, earrings and necklaces. The first necklace has 2 beads made by donna at Blackberry beads. You can tell which ones they are;the two GOOD looking ones on either side of the focal :D
Lisa S

double S
04-01-2004, 11:23 AM
the necklaces

AMR GlassWorks
04-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Very nice!!! Good luck at the show which would be where???

double S
04-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Very nice!!! Good luck at the show which would be where???
Hi Anne:
It's Wimberly Market Days. A friend of my husbands' cousin ( it that confusing enough?!) has a permenant booth there. So for a small fee and a 2 hour shift my stuff will be out all day and I don't have to worry about money boxes, booth set-up etc...I'm hoping the rain holds off till afternoon. We have had such beautiful weather this week as you know.
lisa S

donner
04-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Hey Lisa, good luck at your first show! and yes, lets hope the rain holds off...i have 2 weddings to attend this weekend...'drowining brides' are not on the agenda..

I'm posting two bracelets that were made by Sylvia Skea (Val's mom). She used my beads, so that qualifies for me to post them eh? They *need* to be showcased - she did a fabulous job with them! I love them!!

AMR GlassWorks
04-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Yep drowning brides would not be a good thing! Wow those are wonderful bracelets! I've only been out to Wimberly Days once and only came home with about $5 of merchandise! :angel: I was a very good girl!

Patch
04-01-2004, 02:32 PM
I am no jewelry designer. Wish I could do those fringy bracelets you do but well, I managed to put together my first beads into a bracelet to wear tonight. :D
Patch

KellyD
04-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Here is part of a garden series I've been trying to work on.
Kelly

beadamaniac!
04-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Happy April Fool's Day, everybuddy!

What a beautiful floral necklace!
Patch, isn't it a thrill stringing up your first little creations?

I've been making more jewelry, but less beads lately. This is last night's bracelet. I just got these faceted onyx beads in to make my friend a necklace and I fell in love with them. I'm also really fond of the little pixie dust spacers- and of course, the big old Bali!

Foofaraw
04-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Oh wow, those are all really nice and I love the garden series!!

This is the magenta ripple bead that I won from Marna Hartjen. When I received it, I was so overwhelmed by it's beauty I couldn't figure out for the life of me what to do with it. And then my sister said to leave it alone and showcase it by itself, so here is the result, a simple but stunning bracelet.

Sassyglassgal
04-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Wonderful jewelry everyone, I can't pic a favorite, thats what I like when viewing others creations, I end up seeing something entirely wonderful I would never have thought of doing. I am going to try and post a photo, I haven't done this before, here goes......

dockhl
04-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Hi All~
Beautiful things, as ususal! I haven't posted in a while so here goes...

gotta love those bangles ! This one has some of wildfirelauri's beautiful ceramic spaces....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2004/21909-Pict2304.jpg

A little Bali and boro....dougie Pink....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2004/21909-Pict2310.jpg

And an attempt at a Connie Fox-style bracelet:(not great color!)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2004/21909-Pict2290.jpg

Kathy

DonnaBee
04-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Gold, silver and pink dangly cuff-thing! Three of my own lampwork beads (I made the beads some time ago, I still haven't lit my torch this year! Soon!). I did just make the bracelet, though.

Joensey
04-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Here is a little necklace I made for myself. I've had the bunny for a while and he's a keeper. He looks like he's saying "flowers? what flowers?".
I made the rest of the beads for the necklace, and it's just strung with seed beads. I'm going to make some earring to go with it.
Joensey

DebbieSue
04-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Lovely jewelry by everyone! So nice to see what everyone is doing with their beads. Kelly, did you make the leaves too? Gorgeous! :clap:

Debbie

lepoppet
04-07-2004, 10:26 PM
This one is for my Mom for Mother's Day.

Maria

mistymade
04-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Gorgeous work everyone!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here's my offerings...

Sassyglassgal
04-08-2004, 01:42 AM
Here is a finished Borosilicate square bead with CZ inserted on each side of bead. I love bangles, don't you.

Sassyglassgal
04-08-2004, 01:43 AM
oh crap, the color of the bangle boro is awful, how do I adjust that to true quality color of the boro, blues, light pinks????

Sassyglassgal
04-08-2004, 01:51 AM
okay, one more try and then I give up, guess I need to get camera smart

SimplyShaunda
04-08-2004, 07:55 AM
I love everyone's work. Especially the bangles. Do you all make your own bangle mold or do you buy from a silver dealer normally.

schweets
04-08-2004, 09:10 AM
Here are a few I've done recently. My friend Mardi and I have opened a booth at a local upscale craft mall. Soooo, we are making beads and finished jewelry like crazy!

These were so fun to make! The first is just a nice black and white bracelet. The second is a lentil necklace with the focal being the 1 1/2" lentil. It is done with African trade beads, onyx and pearls. The third was my birthday present from Mardi - love the blues!

TheBlueBetween
04-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Here is a spring/summer pinks and greens from me:

koregon
04-08-2004, 12:48 PM
wow, beautiful jewelry you guys....I am so rusty...haven't made anything for months...and I have a cruise coming up and of course need new jewelry...so I sat down last night and made these...but I am not thrilled with the results...I am not sure if they need more lentils and less fillers...Or if its the colors of the beads on my skin tone...or my mood :D pms doesn't help jewelry making. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

so maybe you can add some idea's to my head to help me make them better.
I am willing to tear them apart and start over.

Donna, I am in love with your bracelet Vals mom made for you....how did you get her to do that! wow.......its BeYouTiFul!

donner
04-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Howdy Ms Kaye...I'm in love with them too! I just wrote to her and said "how can I get some bracelets like the one Val posted in a S&T thread?" and we worked out a trade - I sent her my Arabia beadset and she made the 2 bracelets for me, and possibly for some for her...i'm not sure what she did with the leftovers, but they were hers to keep..

feel free to contact her - her name is Sylvia Skea and her email is on my website under the Designer Gallery section, or you can find her here: [email protected]

i feel very swishy and flashy when I wear them...they make a nice 'whoosh' sound when flying around on my wrist... :)

Wire Mania
04-11-2004, 06:03 PM
A couple of new style bracelets that I came up with this weekend...What do you think???

1st Bracelet - Black Leather (Duda Beads)

2nd Braclet - Natural Leather (Blackberry Beads - River Rock Tabs)

Emjay
04-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Vicki,
I like those VERY much. Love leather and wire together. I'm working on a necklace like the one on the cover of the new Belle Armoire. Sharilyn Miller is the designer, and there are great instructions inside. I'm a new fan of hers. Dying to take a class from her--and she does TONS of classes--but none close enough.
Also, Vicki, did you do the chain maille bracelet on your site? I just ordered a kit from Aislyn (Urban Maille Chainworks).

Wire Mania
04-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Jean - Glad you like them (The pictures do not do them justice) I will have to check out that magazine..Yes I did the Chain Maille on my site..Chain Maille is a lot of fun to do you will really enjoy it...Vicki

DebbieSue
04-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Beautiful jewelry by everyone! :clap:

Here are my bracelets:

Debbie

swamperfolk
04-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Birthday present for a friend. The watch face is that nobium or whatever it is called.

thewildbunny
04-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Great Jewelry, everyone!

Kaye, I would steal that lemonade colored bracelet from you in a heartbeat if I could. Make yourself a matching necklace, please? You will have everyone puckering up and salivating - but in that good way!

Here are some earrings I made for the double buddy earring swap. These are some of my first ever jewelry made from my own glass beads. I'm pretty proud of them:

jujeebeads
04-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Beautiful jewelry everyone!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Nice work!
I haven't made a lot (but need to!!). I did have these two orders to fill, so I got out the bead stuff. The floral necklace is strung with 4mm "new jade" faceted beads. I was looking for light green delicas when I came across these and they looked so pretty with the focal. I had to charge $20 extra, but customer was ok with that. It really accented the bead nicely!

Hopefully more to come soon!
Judy :cat:

Cyndilee
04-12-2004, 04:00 PM
:clap:
Nice stuff everyone! These are my first two bracelets made with beads torched by me!

gmdcrafts
04-14-2004, 01:26 AM
Fantastic jewelry everyone! Love the bright springy colors! Here's my latest...