PDA

View Full Version : Cocktail Forks

happylsds
04-01-2004, 10:01 AM
In between troll parts yesterday I was playing with more forks. I need to get cracking on these for a show I am doing May 1. Does anyone have any suggestions for pricing these? I am thinking $22-25 ~ but is that too much for forks? The glass measures 2"-2.75" and that is what I would sell the beads for. The finished forks are around 5".

For those of you interested, I bought the forks at Ikea for about $4 for six. They had a flat washer thing on the end that I snipped off. I used 3/32" mandrels.

Gayle Harthcock
04-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Laura - what a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing your supply source and how to info. I think your prices are just right - go for it! :)

McDuck
04-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Those are beautiful Laura adn I think the price is fair,maybe a tad low. -Mary

Lara
04-01-2004, 11:29 AM
I don't know about pricing, but those are really cool.

Lara

happylsds
04-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I don't know why I am struggling with the pricing. I wouldn't hesitate to price the bead at $25, but as a fork....It should increase the price, but I feel like I should appologe to the buyer!

McDuck
04-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Laura, I have the same problem! It's very hard to get over. But then I think, can I sell one at $40 or 10 at $25 ... the little bit of math usually helps :D -Mary ps let me know if you ever figure it out to share :rolleyes:

jujeebeads
04-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Laura,
Great idea AND beautiful beads!!! :clap:

I think $25 is a good price (withhout knowing how much the forks were). and I would also offer a cut (just a few $) for a set of six or four or what ever. That may be enticing as well since you would normally use a few of these at one time. just a thought.

nice work! and thanks for sharing!

Judy :cat:

Briatha
04-01-2004, 01:47 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/17321-LoveSmilie.gifLaura they are spectacular!
I think the price would depend on where the show is. If it is a high end show I would add a few more $$ to the price. If it is a regular show then the price sounds right.

GardensOnGlass
04-01-2004, 02:12 PM
They're beautiful! I agree with Judy. Perhaps a discount for purchasing more than one. I know when I use items like that or canape knives, I'm using generally more than one.

Just a thought!

debkauz
04-01-2004, 03:54 PM
I think that I would try to sell them in sets of 2 at least. Don't go any lower than $25 per, for sure. they are a great idea!

Debbie

happylsds
04-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks for all your imput!

I think I have decided on two or more - $25.00 each. One for $27.00.

One of the shows I think I am doing charges 30% of sales - no table fee. At $25, that brings my cut to $17.50, which is a little low, but if I add in my time for not having to deal with any of the money, is not too bad. I don't know why I am struggling with pricing these, I have some small drink forks in the kiln that I think I will have no trouble pricing. (we'll see if they come out like I think they did :D )

latitude40
04-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Laura, those are gorgeous and even more so in person! I think your pricing is just right. Isn't that about what people charge for wine stoppers?
Maybe you could see if any kitchen specialty shoppes would be interested in them, too.

Karen