PDA

View Full Version : Thursday April Fools Day Show and Tell

dread
04-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Since I'm up and posting trolls here are a couple of finished items
One of the painted beads with cap ends and my celestial contribution mondrops- dichro on wire

Briatha
04-01-2004, 12:38 AM
Deborah the painted bead is awesome and the celestial contribution mondrops- dichro on wire is drop dead gorgeous!

I was in an *I want summer now mood* so here is Sunshine Aira Lentils
and
:evil:Now don't everyone pass out at once...a non-lentil set:angel: Sunshine Vilya ok so it has 1 lentil in it ;)

mhartjen
04-01-2004, 12:41 AM
I love your painted beads! Lovely bracelet ... I would love to see it in the sunlight with all that dichro! Here are a few of mine ... Marna

kenchunk
04-01-2004, 12:55 AM
Dread - Mmmmmm lovely bracelet! LOVE them!
Faith - I think this is my first time to see your NON-lentil beads! I love this yellow. Which yellow is this? (I hate striking yellow! It's so hard to get color out of it - anyway for me....)
Marna - Beautiful beads as always. First one is my favorite. :)

I don't know what I'm doing this late night(almost 1AM here). This is 3rd week of spring break(my boys are out of school) and we are still up.... I've finished listing some stuff on eBay and NOW going to bed. ;)

Sachiko

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
04-01-2004, 01:17 AM
Here's a new set I just put up at eBay. Keeping my fingers crossed again because these are putting my heart out there!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2004/16432-2004_0331a1.jpg

Great S&T already. Kenchunk, I love the simple elegance with the black on just the ends of the beads!

And I sure do appreciate those painted beads! First I'm wanting a lentil kitty though! ::waiting patiently::

koregon
04-01-2004, 01:36 AM
Wow you guys...what a start to the show 'n tell....Deborah...beautiful work...the painted bead is just awesome!
Faith....those shout summer! what fun beads to make a bracelet for summer!!! yumm
Marna....That freeform bead reminds me of my favorite bead of yours from Tucson...I love those!!! I can imagine a necklace created with it...sea nymph!
Sachiko...very nice...what color is the top set?? opal yellow??? or some other color??
Lori...those are wonderful...so artsy!

not much here...a couple focals and regular ole set of lentils...but hey they sell well :D have a great day everyone!

margaretz
04-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Lovely pieces today, already! Here's a focal and a set... seems spirals have been the theme lately... Happy April Fool's!

beachbeads
04-01-2004, 02:56 AM
Well it's just Wed. here and the daily show is pretty full of fabalous beads. I was able to spend hours beadmaking last couple of nights. And today doing the part of beadmaking I hate, which is cleaning, putting them together and photographing. Can someone tell me how I can get the glare out of my photo's on shiny beads? I tried putting paper over lamps today and all kinds of backgrounds indoors and out, and still not happy with photo's. Dread, those are to die for! Here's a couple of beads for bread and butter this week. The basic etched dots are a real unususal style for me as I usually make organic beads. Sorry to be such a thread hog, but I made over 100 beads yesterday and I'm excited about that. Have a good weekend to everyone.heila

Jamn!
04-01-2004, 03:14 AM
Lovely work everyone. Happy Aprils Fools Day!
I was amazed that these came out so similar since they were made on different days. Even the size was similar without measuring!

Tink
04-01-2004, 04:44 AM
Dread, I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have had drastic bead lust, and this is one of them. That painted bead is unspeakably wonderful!

I've been a bit under the weather, so nothing came out of my kiln today. Something did come out of the sandblaster yesterday though, and I thought I'd show y'all. It's just a silly bead, but it was fun :-) It's a three-panel view of the same bead to show all sides...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2004/10179-tinksand.jpg

Jennifer Geldard
04-01-2004, 06:51 AM
What a totally cool S&T today!
I'm loving how everyone seems to be finding their own directions..
A quick post for me today...
This is my best day of the week for torching.. alll day to myself, and my Sally Prasch class tonight.. Yay!!

Onalee
04-01-2004, 07:54 AM
I'm going to post my beads for the day and then go back and look at all the pretties. Rubino and gold pink frit over opal yellow. Onalee

mperaza
04-01-2004, 08:22 AM
OMG - what a start to an April Fools Day S&T! Absolutely gorgeous beads everyone.

I don't have pictures of mine yet, but they are very similar to yesterday's strawberries. In fact, they are another set of strawberries. I'm keeping my first set for myself and putting the new set on ebay. (I think the new set is better!) I'll post a picture later, after I've cleaned them.

Have a Great Day!
Marilyn

McDuck
04-01-2004, 08:39 AM
Deborah, I love the dichro on wire!
Faith, such a warm sunny set of beads!
Marna, I really like the first and last beads.
Sachiko, I like that long yellow bead.
Lori, those are really cool beads. I like the shapes.
Kaye, *thunk* I always love your beads!
Margaret That second pic is wonderful! I love the set.
Sheila, you have been busy! the colors in that second set are very earthy feeling to me.
Heidi, VERY nice bicones!
Tink, LOL and get better soon, I miss your postings!
Jennifer, what can I say? Your beads are stunning!
Onalee, I can see those with copper findings to show them off!

MIne I posted late last night, two ceramic pendants. They actually made it through three attempts at firing. Last night I made some pretty bead but they are at home sitting in water waiting to be cleaned. Get pics later. Have a great day everyone and thank you for sharing!! Mary

rosebead
04-01-2004, 08:45 AM
These beads keep getting more and more beautiful everyday. I am so impressed and inspired.
Oh, Lori there is no point in having a heart if you don't put it out there! Your beads are great.

pearsonglass
04-01-2004, 08:54 AM
I agree the work does seem to get better all the time.

Here are a couple of mine from the last month. I finally got to get some photographed.

Brad

happylsds
04-01-2004, 08:58 AM
WHat a FABULOUS show and tell day!!!

Dread ~ gorgeous finished pieces! I love what you did with the painted bead!
Faith ~ My favorite color - I love the mixed set!
Marna ~ Beautiful beads, my fav is the watery one in the middle!
kenchunk ~ Lovely focals! Is the first one the new coral?
Lori ~ Beautiful set - I'm sure they will do well! Dark purple and copper green is one of my fav color combos.
Kaye ~ I love your dico flower bead!
Margret - Great colors with the silver!
beachbeads ~ Super sets! I love the colored dots and the first blue set!
Heidi ~ Great focals!
Tink ~ What a cute bead! - you may have a hard time selling it though... ;)
Jennifer ~ I always love your beads, and that center one is soooo dreamy!
Onalee ~ I like the dots layered over the frit!
Mary ~ I love the design on your pendants!

I'll have to post after I clean my beads from yesterday - I'm having way too much fun drooling this morning!.

AMR GlassWorks
04-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Wow! Wow! Wow! Great stuff today people!
Deborah those are fantastic!!! Loved your trolls also!!
Faith those are great sets! Makes me smile!
Marna gorgeous as always!!
Sachiko wonderful bicones and set!
Lori I love where you are going! Very unique!
Kaye yummy as always!
Margaret glad to see you back!! LOVE that top bead!!
Sheila great organics!!! I like the second set also!
Heidi love your bicones!!!
Tinkster great bead!!! One of these days I want to sandblast a bead!
Jen my fav of the day so far!!! I'll take them all!!! :evil:
Onalee great set!!
Mary wonderful pendants!
Brad wow! Great beads!!!
Well I'm gonna be a thread hog!! Here's what I did yesterday. In the 1st pic there is the bead I was asked to make and the etch, it's at the bottom. :D Then there is the set I had to replace 4 beads due to cracking! :crying: and then I played around with more reactive stuff.

JHDesigns
04-01-2004, 09:13 AM
OH MY! Yummies galore today!
Deborah, love your new painted beads! I had a similiar idea for a necklace running around in my head like your moondrops but in boro.
Faith, nice sunny beads!
Marna the tentical bead is way cool!
Margaret I love the contrast between the background and the red swirls on your focal.
Tink I love your sandblasted bead! How cool!
Jen great focals! Good luck on your class you lucky dog you!
Nothing great for me - more boro.
Jami

Teri.p
04-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Happy April Y'all! my, my, we are good, aren't we -- just look at the gorgeous works already posted here today! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Checkerboard Square -

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2004/23019-040150ax.jpg

Teri

Joensey
04-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Hi, everyone, I've been missing in action for a couple weeks, but I have been torching.
Anne, I just have to say, WOW! I used to be able to spot your beads by the style, but you are going new places and kicking butt.

These pics are big, and there's several of them, and I would apologize for the size and being a hog, but we all know no one really minds, so here they are. ;)

I've been using my latest keepsake quilters catalog for inspiration, and if you have one, you can probably spot what I used. Also working on a sort of ginger jar look.
The red focal is huge, hollow and I'm really proud of it. No idea what I'll do with it, Ebay maybe. Right now, I'll just own it. :D
Joensey

dread
04-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Ok here goes
First everything is wonderful such beautiful beads
Briatha - YELLOW POWER !!! I avoid that color for some reason but yours are breathtaking !
Mhartjen- Glorious
Kenchuck - gret tubes !!!
Koregon - always super lovel - I love your color schemes
Margaretz - awsome beads
Beachbeads - super beads - I particularly love the etched set
Jamn-cool metallic effect
Tink - TINK!
Jennifer - OMG lovely - I love the effects you get
McDuck- Fantastic ceramic beads - great impressions

Ok a bunch of people snuck in
Brad --- OOOOOOOOOO wow
AMR- Glorious designs
JHdesigns - BORO YEAH!
TeriP - wow the effect is great !
Joensey - great beads

AMR GlassWorks
04-01-2004, 09:42 AM
LOL! Jonesy!! Thanks and when I saw those blue beads of yours I was thinking to myself, "man that sure reminds me of the cover of the Keepsake Quilting mag" :D Great beads on those who followed me! :clap:

mperaza
04-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Wow again! I just can't get over the beads here today. I told you I'd be back with some pictures of more strawberries...

here they are:
Marilyn

Joensey
04-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Marilyn, I don't often get real bead lust, but those make be drool enough to save the pics to revisit later!
Joensey
Umm, are you putting those on ebay?

fay
04-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Gorgeous beads everyone! Happy April Fool's Day! Here is a set that I was able to work on with my mother-in-law here. Only one set for a whole week--ouch!

Ignuss-Fatuus
04-01-2004, 10:21 AM
OH DUCKIE! I love those pendants! :) TOTALLY cool! Todays show n tell is just awsome!

McDuck
04-01-2004, 10:30 AM
OH DUCKIE! I love those pendants! :) TOTALLY cool! Todays show n tell is just awsome!

Thank you Karin! I am surprised they survived three failed firing attempts! Cant wait my nw controller to arrive today. yeah! -M

Moth
04-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Wanted to post these real quick, then I am gonna go back through and take my time drooling! :cool: They should have a drooling emoticon!

This is my mousie as per Virginia's tutorial. Much better than my first attempt, when I forgot the ears!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2004/24464-mousie.JPG

Here is my floral from last night, trying to make a 30mm bead for a change-a-bead pendant. I don't think this one is sellable. :crying: Pretty...but not good enough. Two hours down the drain! Well I guess not down the drain...I did learn that I don't like Moretti dichro. One thing I did right though, it is exactly 30mm long. LOL :rolleyes:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2004/24464-rhondabeado.JPG

Grabbin' more java to quench my beadie thirst!
~~Mary

mperaza
04-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Joensey - thank you!! I just listed that set on ebay. I was going to wait until the weekend, but decided not to wait.

Marilyn

Helen Simon
04-01-2004, 10:58 AM
Here's an edp rose I tried to list yesterday on eBay, but it was saved for Harold's Liver transplant fund on justbeads....and the pix were confounded:) The beads around here blow my mind they're so gorgeous, and Anne, you're just leaving us behind! Go, girl! Love, Helen

Artaholic
04-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Hello all. feel like I ought to pop in and say what a beeautiful bunch of beads on thais April Fools Day. Looks like you are not fooling around . I have been too busy at the torch to take photos but enjoying all your pretties . someone is making some awsome murinni, checkerboards and Jennifer lip smaking beautiful as usual :) :clap: :clap:

Lara
04-01-2004, 11:19 AM
There are some gorgeous beads in here today. I'm very impressed.

Here is another bead I made with silver pink and intense black, very similar to the others I have posted here. I'm getting confused on what I have posted here and over at ISGB. :rolleyes:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2004/10029-stubsp1.jpg

Here are some pink on pink beads. Frit from Olympic Color Rod, don't have the number, sorry, on streaky pink. A vert girlie set.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2004/10029-pinkfritgal.jpg

Lara

kenchunk
04-01-2004, 11:34 AM
Sachiko...very nice...what color is the top set?? opal yellow??? or some other color??

They are Ocelot spot over dark ivory and long bead is made with coral. I LOVE this color! This is orangish coral from Franz a couple months ago.

Sachiko

DonnaBee
04-01-2004, 01:35 PM
This is an absolutely beautiful, alive and glorious show and tell.

Lori Peterson
04-01-2004, 03:05 PM
I can't believe how beautiful everything was today! Lori G - your beads are so fabulous! Don't you even worry!!!!
Kidlet from me -
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2004/12192-kidlet14.jpg

GinaJ
04-01-2004, 04:10 PM
WOW! What a selection of art today! Everything is beautiful, and Mary...you most definitely did not waste 2 hours on that bead, it is GORGEOUS!!!! It looks perfect to me!

meh2purple
04-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Great beads everyone!! :clap:

Teri... I really like your checkered b&w beads! Makes me think of the Indy 500! ;)

Here's my little s&t for today. Some critter's and flowers from the garden. I had so much fun making these!

Mary

DebbieSue
04-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Here is my floral from last night, trying to make a 30mm bead for a change-a-bead pendant. I don't think this one is sellable. :crying: Pretty...but not good enough. Two hours down the drain! Well I guess not down the drain...I did learn that I don't like Moretti dichro. One thing I did right though, it is exactly 30mm long. LOL :rolleyes:

You must be kidding! It's gorgeous! Not good enough???

Debbie

dockhl
04-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Maybe the favorite bead I have ever made......Black/copper green with intense black stringer.....Chipped when I was cleaning it :mad:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2004/21909-Pict2293.jpg

Kathy