PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Trolls Here

saucy
03-31-2004, 09:35 PM
I thought I would start the thread since I haven't seen one yet. It's only 2 1/4 hours on the East Coast until posting time!

dread
03-31-2004, 09:59 PM
1 hr 58 min to go !!!!

snootyvixen
03-31-2004, 10:06 PM
LOL - I thought you had started posting already!!

Vikki
(wondering if she needs a reference pic for those without kids)

saucy
03-31-2004, 10:09 PM
No posts yet, but I'm dying to get mine on here. It was a fun challenge.

dread
03-31-2004, 11:22 PM
This waiting is killing me - I'm staying up past my bedtime - I've fallend asleep on the couch twice !!!
Yes its a fun one !

snootyvixen
03-31-2004, 11:33 PM
LOL! I just ate some wasabi sushi - talk about wake up your sinuses!!!

Vikki
(who will be up for a while yet)

McDuck
03-31-2004, 11:35 PM
Is troll challenged and wishes you would start to post as i am fallin asleep too! -Mary

KetchikanSculptor
03-31-2004, 11:41 PM
he he he.... I get the best deal in the states! It's only 7:42 here! Can't wait to see the troll parade!!! Wish I could get into it. But thats ok... It will be such a thrill to see all of yours!

dread
03-31-2004, 11:43 PM
YAWN ! 15 long minutes to go

Ignuss-Fatuus
03-31-2004, 11:55 PM
welll uh hehe im gonna cheat and pretend im on a big cruise ship in the middle of the ocean off the florida coast ;) hehe *giggles*

saucy
03-31-2004, 11:59 PM
I love your trolls! You can pretend all you like. I want to be there with you, is that okay?

I'm putting them in order of make from left to right. The green guy my DH said looked like a clown. The second looks like my ex-SIL, but my bead is so much cuter. I don't know what I was thinking with the third. And the forth is my troll queen.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2004/26398-Trolls_4wc.jpg

KetchikanSculptor
04-01-2004, 12:01 AM
So Cool!!!! More More!!!!

dread
04-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Ignuss you naughty girl ---- that one on the left look pretty devilish - their great ! Saucy what a collection and different colors too !

Well here are mine

Toni Lutman
04-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Here's mine. Ummm, I'm not sure if he's a troll or a goblin. How do you tell?

Toni

DebbieSue
04-01-2004, 12:06 AM
First I tried to make one that looked like the troll dolls from when I was a kid. But that looked too much like an elf to me. So then I tried a monster look. But that was too ugly. So then I tried something else and wound up with the last one which my daughter said looks like either a witch or someone's grandmother....

Debbie

dread
04-01-2004, 12:06 AM
I think goblins are green but then that could be just my interpretation ! O I love his eyes - I just couldnt get the eyes

DebbieSue
04-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Dread, that last one actually looks sinister! :eek:

Great trolls everyone! :clap:

Debbie

Ignuss-Fatuus
04-01-2004, 12:12 AM
ooo Im loving them lovinnnngg them! Deb / dread that second one OO I love him! ;)

saucy
04-01-2004, 12:15 AM
I love them all! LOL

The second troll of mine was one of those dolls we had back in the 70's/80's. I had to pull a photo off the web so I could get somewhat of a likeness.

Dread - I'm longing to have one of those trolls! They are wonderful!

There have to be more who are posting, right? I know a lot of folks were waiting until midnight. I thought that was EST.

snootyvixen
04-01-2004, 12:16 AM
What a great challenge! I LOVE them all!

Here's mine, and the only reference pic I could find.
He's the grumpy old troll from Dora the Explorer .

Vikki

dread
04-01-2004, 12:19 AM
I remember those trolls - my sister had a collection - My fav had hot pink hair :clap:

O snooty you snuck in --- Dora - duh I never thought of him and thats all my granddaughter talks about too.

All are really great - I love em all too.

Zooziis
04-01-2004, 12:59 AM
You people are intensly creative. Wow.

MistyCherie
04-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Okay. Here are mine. My original idea was to make the 70's/80's collectible troll. Then I decided I'd make an "ugly" troll too. I mixed all sorts of colors and swirled it all together (it was really pretty too!) and then gave him this mug. ;) (I'm showing the back too, it's almost boro like.)

-M

MistyCherie
04-01-2004, 01:09 AM
As we can see, I forgot EARS on my cutesy one... *sigh* oh well.

Dread, your trolls are awesome! I actually like the guy on top best. =)

-M

Kalera
04-01-2004, 01:13 AM
Cooooool trolls, everyone! I am waiting for mine to cool down enough to photo... hey, maybe he's ready! Gotta go check...

Kalera
04-01-2004, 01:31 AM
He's cool... but now my little baby needs nursing, so I will post him when she goes back to sleep. Or in the morning.

JCA
04-01-2004, 05:17 AM
Great work everyone :clap: :clap:
here are mine. Troll Brothers!!
Keepem comin!!!

Retta Gates
04-01-2004, 05:35 AM
Wow, I missed out on the start of this but I had/have a bunch of those "creepy but cute" things, I collected them when I was younger. I might be able to pull one off, I may have to try.... Even if I cant pull off a cute one, It cant be *that* hard to make something that resembles a troll.
:p

Booger
04-01-2004, 06:33 AM
This challenge was very difficult for me.......Kept trying and trying until I became so frustrated that I popped it into the kiln. Boy, was I surprised when I ended up pullling this out. It reminds me of someone I know!!! And if it is supposed to be someone I know, then it turned out too cute...... Now, if I could just figure out who it is.......................
Hmmmmmmmm.....
Booger :evil:

McDuck
04-01-2004, 07:15 AM
:clap: :clap: Everyone, GREAT JOB :clap: :clap: karin - love that troll! Deborah, I really love that bottom troll! Toni, green, mmmm, he might be a goblin, but he isnt ugly enough! lol Debbie, the last one does look like a grandma! Vikki, looks just like the picture. misty, he looksl ike those plastic trolls with the hair sticking straight up! yes I can see. Mr Booger, lover ther green one, but he looks like he could eat Mr Sha Long in one bite :eek: . And last but not least, our Queen Booger, he really looks like someone who has had their skin burned or pulled off! And the look of pain and terror to go withit! Thank you all!!!-mary

happylsds
04-01-2004, 08:31 AM
Everone's troll's are FANTASTIC!!!! Isn't it funny how we all have different ideas about what they look like?

My inspiration was from the trolls in the Gnome books. I don't remember what the titles were, but my Irish great grandmother when I was little collected them (with the little red hats). I was always terrified to go upstairs to her bathroom because it was at the end of a long dark hall, and those little gnomes were everywhere. I would much rather have run into my little guy than some of the others posted here!

blazinghussy
04-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Ok, I decided to post this pic before I saw everyone else's trolls and lost my nerve! :)

My studio was VERY cold last night and the glass didn't care for that one bit. Stuff spitting and shattering and just plain breaking on me, so all I have left of my troll is the head. I must have a bigger flame and a space heater before I attempt anymore sculpture in glass :)

He had the COOLEST look of utter incredulity on his little face until one of his ears broke off along with a goodish sized chunk of his head. The repairs sort of changed him from incredulous to deformed :)

blazinghussy
04-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Wow! What talented folks we have! I adore these trolls and have completely fallen in love with someone's ex-wife LOL

Fantastic work, everyone :) Very impressive :)

meh2purple
04-01-2004, 10:19 AM
I did not make a troll... but wish I did now!

These are ALL just too CUTE!!! I'm lovin every one of these little trolls. They have so much character to them!

Great job everyone!! :clap:

Mary

jujeebeads
04-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Now this is a fun thread first thing in the morning!!!
Cool trolls everyone! in every variety! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The little troll doll was the first thing I thought of, so that is what I ventured out to make. although glass is a tough medium to create "wispy" hair!

Happy April Trolls DAY!!!! :)

Judy :cat:
ps: I thought he had a cute butt, so I thought I would share! :p

blazinghussy
04-01-2004, 11:05 AM
He DOES have a cute butt!

Is he single? :p

jujeebeads
04-01-2004, 12:32 PM
He DOES have a cute butt!

Is he single? :p

why yes he is, as a matter of fact! :p

Briatha
04-01-2004, 02:12 PM
:clap: :clap: Wow everyone is so creative! Fantastic trolls everyone!! :clap: :clap:

Ignuss-Fatuus
04-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Here is my Troll 1 I was able to glue his lil ears back on after they got severed in a "trollllllling accident" hehe his brothers are on the first page of the thread :)

McDuck
04-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Oh Karin, you cant even tell his ears were broken! I like him too he looks like an old dried up troll. LOL -mary

Jacinthe
04-12-2004, 04:43 AM
I know I'm late posting it...
BUT, my one and only troll, I know she's late for the challenge, but I drew the sketch for her before, only got around to making her this weekend.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Apr-2004/20424-12apr8.jpg

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Emily NZ
04-12-2004, 06:26 AM
LGreat trolls everyone,
I forgot to post mine so will do it now too.
Presenting Mr Con Troll
A fumed boro pendant. He looks more evil elvish than troll......but what do I know! (and he was so hard to scan!)
Emily

PS He really insisted on a nostril shot (or should I say snot :evil: ) Reckons it is his best side. His profile does look like a teapot so he may be right about the nostrils! :D

Hal
04-22-2004, 12:30 AM
I made mine the night after the challenge went on. Totally forgot about it until tonight. Went "trolling" to find out what happened to the challenge. I will take a picture and post it this weekend at the latest. . . Promise.

Hal

Hal
04-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Here they are. Better late than never. The photos are kind of funky since he is mostly clear. Look closely for the warts on his nose. . .

Hal

KetchikanSculptor
04-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Here they are. Better late than never. The photos are kind of funky since he is mostly clear. Look closely for the warts on his nose. . .

Hal

Those are simply Evvvvoool! he he he :evil:

Hal
04-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Do I need to send him to you Ruf? He could be a cold weather troll, made mostly of ice. . . :)

Hal

KetchikanSculptor
04-25-2004, 11:55 PM
Do I need to send him to you Ruf? He could be a cold weather troll, made mostly of ice. . . :)

Hal

He already looks cold... don't want him to get those lil bumps on his butt too! he he he :D

Did you get a chance to look over the beadies I sent?

Hal
04-25-2004, 11:59 PM
He already looks cold... don't want him to get those lil bumps on his butt too! he he he :D

Did you get a chance to look over the beadies I sent?

No. :crying: I have the bag on my table right by my finished glass. I promise to look this week and drop you a note. If not, you have my permission to nag me. :D

Hal

KetchikanSculptor
04-26-2004, 12:03 AM
No. :crying: I have the bag on my table right by my finished glass. I promise to look this week and drop you a note. If not, you have my permission to nag me. :D

Hal

Oh My Gooshy! A man giving me the go ahead to nag! ROFLMBO!!! You think I nag? I don't talk that much! I don't even tell people what to do! How can you think that I am a nag?? I am not my mother! Do I look like a nag to you? I am not a troll either! ROFLMBO!!! :D :D :D Don't answer that! :eek:

KetchikanSculptor
04-26-2004, 12:05 AM
LOL.... was that naggy enough? :p

Hal
04-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Not even close. More like whiney. :p

I never said you nagged, just that you had permission to do so if I didn't get off my butt and look at the beads. . .

Hal

KetchikanSculptor
04-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Not even close. More like whiney. :p

I never said you nagged, just that you had permission to do so if I didn't get off my butt and look at the beads. . .

Hal

Awwwwwwwweeee come on now.... only a whiner? Sheeessshhhh!

LOL.... never had any real practice at nagging. Once I tried it with DH and he just laughed and rolled on the floor saying is that it? We both got a good giggle that day. :D