PDA

View Full Version : How I used the Non-descript Chardonnay Glass....and what the glass wants to be!!!

glassdude
03-31-2004, 04:14 PM
I read a post the other day about this glass being a "blah" color..... well, it is, by itself! I thought about the wine of course, and from there I went on this big tangent, lets, see... wine, melon, grapes, strawberries, fresh flowers, oh, yeah, and cheese. Use your trashy novel imagination and picture a fire, candlelight, the hunk of your private thoughts....... The things the glass will tell you it wants to be are amazing!!! So, presenting ..... drum roll please........"dum dum da dum!!!!"
A Romantic Evening Bead Set using the pitifully pale chardonnay glass!

I used an odd-lot yellow which is very transluscent, odd-lot canteloupe, rubino for the strawberry effect, and "grape" stringer for the tiny grapes.
Let your mind wander and the glass tell you what to do!
Hugs!
Jacqui

yeepers
03-31-2004, 04:29 PM
Jacqui:

That's beautiful! Looks so refreshing and cool. Exactly conveys what your inspiration told you to create.

Thanks for sharing!

satnin
03-31-2004, 06:11 PM
Beautiful set.. Very inspirational! :clap:
I just ordered a pound of this color and hope I can do as well. Billie ;)

nicker
03-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Jaquie...YUM! I love the colors......I need some purple that isn't that nasty EDP.

debkauz
04-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Niiiiiice! Makes me want to sit on the deck with a glass of vin blanc! Are they going on eBay perchance?

Deb

Answered the eBay question myself, thanks! :evil: :clap: :D

glassdude
04-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Yeah, they're up on the "bay" Deb! :evil: :D Just saw you there!
The colors are even better in person, but those shots were taken outside in supposed sunlight! {not much real sun here yet!}The etched beads in the set do remind me of a frosty glass of wine...... yummm!
Hugs!
Jacqui

StefaniBeads
04-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Those are yummy! Wow, I just love the way you put all those creative thoughts together and come up with this set! :)

beadamaniac!
04-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Those are gorgeous! Love the orangey ones!!

glassdude
04-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Thank you, thank you! The tangents always start when I start working... like layers of ideas which lead to an entire set. I really like that orange, it's that odd lot canteloupe I got last month.... and I wish I had gotten more than a pound!
Today I've been working on a "Hep Cat" tanget... I'll post if it looks good!
Hugs!
Jacqui

dogsrlove
04-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Screams "Sunday Brunch at a California Napa Valley winery"- Cheers!

debkauz
04-03-2004, 05:47 PM
WooHoo! They are mine...all mine...Can't wait to see them in person!

Deb

debkauz
04-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Well, I won these beads and got them yesterday. I worked for 12 hours, have a terrible cold and came home to this little square box. Wellllll...I opened the box to find another box. An incredible, gorgeous, decorated box that is like nothing I have ever seen before. And, I think..this must be my treat because it is just unreal! Then I carefully open it and inside...the MOST GOREGEOUS beads! The picture doesn't even come close to how beautiful they are! I actually started to cry when I saw them. Partly because I felt like sh*t and partly because I was overwhelmed with all the time and work that Jacqui had not only put into her beads, but into the packaging. I use most of the beads that I buy in the jewelry that I make and sell. Much of the time it is terribly difficult to let some of the beads go. I think these will be in my 'stash' for a long long time cause I don't think they are gong anywhere. Jacqui, you are amazing! Thank you so, so much.

Debbie :clap: :clap: :clap:

glassdude
04-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Hey Debbie!
I'm soooo glad you liked the presentation and the beads!!!! :clap:
I've been having a crappy few days leading up to yet another holiday without my Mom, but your response and post lit my face up with smiles! Thank you again, it's been cool eBaying with you!
Big warm hugs and I hope the cold is almost gone!!!
Jacqui

StefaniBeads
04-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Debbie,

Ooooh lucky you!! To be the winner of that fabulous set, and that sounds like a lovely presentation too! What a great pick-me-up when you're feeling "blah". :D

saucy
04-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Oh my...I love it when glass talks. Obviously you do too! Lovely!

Wojobeada
04-12-2004, 03:44 PM
I own a Jacqui bead from an exchange. She is an amazing beadmaker; that pale nothing glass, who woulda thought?!

debkauz
04-12-2004, 06:54 PM
These are such cool beads. I have met very few beads that I haven't liked :evil: but there was just something about these. I think the colors are wonderful. Makes me think of a glass of wine and a plate of cheese sitting in an outdoor cafe in Aix-en-Provance. OK, time for a vacation before I start licking my beads! :D :D :D

Debbie

3SistersBeads
04-13-2004, 12:08 AM
Ooh la laaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Yummy beads! I, too, have a pound of this glass and I've made one bead with it. And, yes, it was very pale. However, now that I've seen this great set, it just may inspire me to take these rods out again.

Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,

debkauz
04-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Ah, mai oui! C'est bon!!! C'est tres bien!

Debbie

nicker
04-13-2004, 09:24 PM
I so love that color....I am still trying to hunt it down. i always seem to fall in love with hard to find ones!

glassdude
04-15-2004, 12:02 AM
Gee Nicker, I just went to search and it appears to be all gone! I have four 10mm rods of it...... If you're really, really nice and offer a good bribe, I'll send you a rod. PM me your address and I'll get it out with my next shipping, should be Friday, or today....... :evil:
Jacqui
"Who feels devilish today!"