PDA

View Full Version : Pause

ZOTMA
08-31-2001, 12:13 PM
Been too long! (especially doing figure)
Up all night with this, Oil on canvas 24x30 canvas
it's wet so there's glare on the left, sorry
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2001/bod1.jpg

jerryW
08-31-2001, 12:27 PM
the flesh builds in exquisite bold forms from lower left to crescendo brests and exalted chin.

pause and begin again.

very warm and inviting with just the right touch of modesty.

giniaad
08-31-2001, 12:46 PM
very impressive work...
the colors you chose are perfect

for all her roundness, though, her left arm looks a bit flat or small to my eye...minor criticism

she is beautiful...
ginia

jheinrich
08-31-2001, 01:15 PM
the arm bugs me too. I think it would be better without it at all, just create a lost edge there ... or keep it as it is :D exquisite colors!

composition and pose! awesome!

happy to see you posting

j*

dornberg
08-31-2001, 01:16 PM
the progression of highlights
a rhythm ever changing
between interesting voids
well planned

Cindy
08-31-2001, 02:43 PM
Very sensual. Great composition & effective hot color! I like the way you painted the legs especially.

arourapope
08-31-2001, 09:09 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Aurora

Ceu
08-31-2001, 11:47 PM
this is very sensual and the colors are just amazing.
" I may get my looks back again.
If I abstain from fun and such,
I'll probably amount to such
but I shall stay the way I am,
Because I don't give a damn."
by Dorothy parker
that is what I see when I look at this , :)

David Acres
09-01-2001, 12:12 AM
Sexy Lady!:) Nice skin too!:) Up all night hey? I know what it's like!:)

ejfarrae
09-01-2001, 12:59 AM
aaahhh...
this painting is like a nice hot bath after a long cold day. it soothes my eyes. wow. what a dynamic perspective. certainly not the easiest to convey with any amount of believability but you've managed to do it with ease. i keep having to scroll down and gawk at this... i am captivated by the left thigh and her midsection. the arm is fine to me as it stretches away into the shadows. this is beautiful.

Jan-Michael
09-01-2001, 01:06 AM
**** I missed this... so damn erotic... and so beautiful.... I love this angle...... excellent work...

deevaa
09-01-2001, 05:01 AM
that you are my very favourite artist here????

Damn girl, you are the best........ lovely angle, very sensual, outstanding rhythm, wonderful composition, sexy, soothing,.... everything..... lovely lovely lovely.

*sigh*

bottleman
09-01-2001, 04:11 PM
The figure is divided into three areas. The legs are separated from the torso by dark contour lines. The torso/ribcage is separated from the breasts, also by dark lines. This doesn't make sense, as other areas, such as between the ribcage and stomach, have no dark lines.

ZOTMA
09-01-2001, 08:14 PM
Thanks all for having a look
bottleman; always appreciate your critiques, definitely causes me to recheck my decisions. this one's done though I take all critiques with me to the next piece
Deevaa; damn, always making me blush. Go on now. Your comments always mean a lot to me.
Jan-Michael;glad you didn't miss it, glad you dig it.
ejfarrae;any time, thanks for the kudos on the rendering, the arm does just that (glad you got it) see it's not all easy (whew)
David; thanks man!
Ceu; a more appropriate poem than you know, thanks so much
Aurora; thanks
Cindy; I had a blast with the legs, I actually just had fun with the whole thing (let my hair down after all the structured structure stuff), the palette was Naples Yellow, Alizarin Crimson and Diox Purple, wanted it simple but hot. thanks
Dornberg;always appreciate your eyes, thank you
Jnet; sorry about the arm, I almost left it out (good intuition) but wanted the 'sprawl' feel it gives. I'll see if it bugs me in a few months, thanks, good to be posting again...I'll try not to let that kind of pause happen again
giniaad; see above for arm thing and thanks for the rest
jerry; thanks for taking us on your visual trip, great words. she is modest.

Thanks again for your comments

Impulse
09-02-2001, 12:56 AM
worth staying up all night
to look at, all month to paint
this is so incredibly good
i have trouble making
the words come out in order

the pose is very sexy
and quite original
it has the strength
of the length of the body

your colors and this subject
coincide beautifully

LornaM
09-02-2001, 03:37 PM
i too see the arm disappearing into shadow. this nude is so bold...the painter is a brave girl indeed ! the colors are full of passion, befitting the stretched shape of the girl. i love the handling of the rib cage and the legs. this is a sensual and sensuous picture... great job !

ZOTMA
09-03-2001, 04:05 AM
Impulse, wonderful words, I think they came out right, you know how to make a girl feel good. thanks
Lorna, thanks so much. brave? I dunno

Off to Las Vegas,
(so you know I'm not just ignoring all the killer art going by, I'll have some catching up to do)
Later!