PDA

View Full Version : lomos past & lomos to come

jerryW
08-31-2001, 10:10 AM
Not exactly what I would post, but if Cindy can, well, they are topical sort of.

these have been painted and posted
http://www.neoncrunch.on.ca/pix/lomosabrush.jpg
now I see I left at least one out of this group.

these might be painted in weeks to come
http://www.neoncrunch.on.ca/pix/lomostobrush.jpg
all 100ASA no flash
the upper left of these was shot on my porch at midnight with streetlight and moonlight only, I just let go of the shutter after 40seconds because I was tired.

rsmak
08-31-2001, 10:53 AM
lovely pictures, nice phtography!

rosanna

Ladysue
08-31-2001, 10:56 AM
YOu have some interesting reference material here!

In the "might be" category, I like the boy we see from behind, second picture on the left bottom row.
But I feel the man looking straight out at us is more your style!

Cindy
08-31-2001, 10:56 AM
Must be a Canadian thing... ;)

These are wonderful! It is so cool to see the reference photos for some of your paintings.

Why not to post these? Photography is an art... and LOMO walls are a new art form.

The white edges get in the way of unifying the wall. (that's the critique part) :D

jerryW
08-31-2001, 12:12 PM
* Cindy, borders are no extra charge and they feel fancier like that. I prefer them on a one by one basis anyway, and now I see I left at least one out of the painted group, must have misplaced it! just generally too casual today.
re: posting them; there are just too many to post with dignity.

*LadySue, that boy photo was taken through a screen door, I was amazed that the people inside completely ignored me though seeing out was easier than seeing in. I love the emphatic play postures they took inside that screened in porch.
That man lower right is my client at CAIL - Not only laughing his head off, he was grinding my hand to a pulp in a deathgrip handshake while I defended myself by snapping his pic (lefthaded from the hip) during a beerbash farewell to a co-worker.

*rsmak, because of the strangeness of it we call it lomography instead of photography.

giniaad
08-31-2001, 12:29 PM
love seeing the pics from which you worked
and I remember them
I love the colors you put to them

can't wait to see what you do with and in particular to
the one at the bottom left...another tilted world
the one of you, I presume...mid left
(you are a handsome guy...:D)
and the girl in red next to you...
and the bottom right...
I can almost see them...

ordered my lomo today, thanks to Cindy's link...I'm excitted!

ginia

jerryW
08-31-2001, 12:35 PM
*giniaad, funny you said bottom left, that one is now in my to paint position for the next go -so intuition wise you win!
I hope you get a pleasant surprise.
I plan to be cropping a lot off the source image to expose a particular personal feeling that is embedded.

dornberg
08-31-2001, 01:24 PM
inspiration to find the elements

jheinrich
08-31-2001, 01:26 PM
awesome to peruse ... especially the already painted ones , seeing where you took them.

thanks for posting.

In the portrait column of the 'to be painted perhaps' ones, I like the second one down, looks like in the kitchen.

j*

jerryW
08-31-2001, 08:20 PM
*jheinrich, thanks, second one down in first column is impulse's kitchen in second column is my kitchen.

*dornberg, yup!

I attach one that I did not find earlier you may recognize as I painted it twice

David Acres
09-01-2001, 12:30 AM
So cool doing this Jerry!:) My vote is for Girl (Alice?) in red dress on the telephone. I like the negative spaces & her professional stance & attitude!:) I don't see any close ups of Kia? Have you snapped her one too many times? Has she warned you off?:)

jerryW
09-01-2001, 08:56 AM
*dacres, kia is top second from right and left 3rd from top and in kitchen but of course I am very careful when and where, you did pick alice on the phone and noticed my attraction too.

ZOTMA
09-01-2001, 04:13 PM
Fascinating to see these, Jerry
interesting shots that turn into exceptional paintings
where are you in those pics?

....ps I love Rumi, nice quote