2. Lampwork Beads by X-Bead
3. Ceramic Beads
4. Lampwork Bead by Forever Grateful
5. Flower Chain Maile Bracelet with Heart Lampwork by Forever Grateful

Thanks for the opportunity to post here......Vicki

mjcall
03-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Vicki

They look wonderful. While I appreciate your conserving band width I would love to see them in more detail. These old eyes could use a little larger images. :rolleyes:

M_

Wire Mania
03-31-2004, 09:10 AM
Sorry - I resized them - This was my first post with pictures and I wasn't sure how big the picture needed to be sized. Hope that is better...

DonnaBee
03-31-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi Vicki! I absolutely love your style!!! :) :) :)

Ignuss-Fatuus
03-31-2004, 11:06 AM
here are a few pieces ive been working on...the charm bracelet took me a week or so to get to the place where I really wanted it nice full and shaggy ;) and then the 2 necklaces are pieces im working on for simplicity and Haute Couture ;) lol I have an idea for another feather piece but not sure how to work it....
karin

DonnaBee
03-31-2004, 02:05 PM
Karin! Well allright on the Haute Couture! :clap: How did you end up attaching the feathers! (Sorry if you already told on another thread, and I just haven't read it yet!) :) :) :)

somk
03-31-2004, 02:32 PM
Karin, these are fantabulous !! the Bracelet is wonderful and fuzzy and wow ! :) Yup, how did you manage with the feathers ?

Vicky> great job ! I dig the elegance of the chainmail bracelet.. classy.

Sophie

Charlee
03-31-2004, 02:44 PM
Yummy stuff! :clap: Love the asymmetry Vicki - your wire work looks great. Karin, if it isn't a total PITA, will you post a bigger pic of that bracelet? It's way cool. The feathers are so decadent. I had some feather earrings years ago that I wore all the time. Seems like they had some very thin & supple suede wrapped around where they were glued together. Wonder if those are still lurking in a box somewhere...

Charlee

DonnaBee
03-31-2004, 03:22 PM
I had some feather earrings years ago that I wore all the time.

I know! It's like a big "I love the Eighties" blast from the past for me! I had a hair comb, it was maroon, and it had all kinds of stuff and maroon feathers hanging from it! I wore this in public! I also had big hair to go with it, and would occasionally dye my hair this same maroon color, and then I would go get a geometric bob. This was around the time of leg warmers over jeans and Olivia Newton John's Let's Get Physical period.

Moth
03-31-2004, 03:28 PM
Gorgeous work everyone!

The wire pieces look so smooth and clean!

Feathery fun for everyone!!

Here's mine. This was my entry for the Celestial Glass exchange, but thought I would show them here too. :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2004/24464-stardustlentilsbraceletfull.JPGhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2004/24464-stardustlentilsbracelet.JPG

~~Mary

DonnaBee
03-31-2004, 03:35 PM
But your necklace isn't like that at all Karin, feathers just made me think of all that! :rolleyes: :)

Hi Mary
I love that
! :clap:

Ignuss-Fatuus
03-31-2004, 03:58 PM
I will try and get some pics of them better when I get home I scanned them at work to put in the thread hehe ....the feathers i ended up wirewrapping with very fine sterling half hard wire 26 ga i believe I then crimped down the wraps around the stemmy part and with this kind of feather it seemed to work really well.
karin

DonnaBee
03-31-2004, 06:00 PM
I made some earrings today from Swarovski crystals and Czech glass. These are a local custom order. :)

This is really a great show n tell today everyone! :clap:

TheBlueBetween
03-31-2004, 06:26 PM
You have all had just fantastic jewelry and scarves up here the past few days. I've been admiring but have had nothing to post. I'm in a major funk. I'm not sure what it's about - studio too clean? Just low energy? No good lampwork beads to work with... planets are all lined up wrong? I don't know. I appreciate all the helpful hints over in the studio/workspace thread though - I think they would be good to make as their own thread - gread advice :)

I'm sure it's just temporary. I have a couple of web jobs I'm just dreading doing - perhaps that's my problem. I need to get out of the web business for once and all...

I did manage to make something last night at midnight. I gave up trying to do anything with lampwork and found this leopard jasper pendant I'd been meaning to do *something* with... and here it is. I'm not sure about it though - it doesn't seem to be a low maintenece necklace - the pendant will lay flat most of the time but does get twisted once in awhile. It's actually kind of a pain. Not sure what to do about it - like the way it looks, but looks aren't everything. What do you think?

DonnaBee
03-31-2004, 08:15 PM
Pam! This is what you make when you are in a funk???? *thud*

Wow! That is fabulous!

TheBlueBetween
03-31-2004, 08:34 PM
Thank you Donna!!! (smooch!) I hope I'm out of my funk, though I'm not sure about how this necklace lays. I guess I will just have to "test" it out for a day or two ;) Though I feel like I might need to go shopping to buy a nice shirt to test it out with... It's not exactly a jeans and t-shirts kind of necklace.

redayh
03-31-2004, 09:02 PM
Hey y'all, this is my first post on this forum, so be kind! :D Here's one of mine. Wire, ceramic beads and lampwork beads (mine). Hope its not too big.
Sarita

Kerensamere
03-31-2004, 09:30 PM
Thank you Donna!!! (smooch!) I hope I'm out of my funk, though I'm not sure about how this necklace lays. I guess I will just have to "test" it out for a day or two ;) Though I feel like I might need to go shopping to buy a nice shirt to test it out with... It's not exactly a jeans and t-shirts kind of necklace.

Looks good! Looks like a good step forward out of that funk. I definately test wear my new designs to make sure that they lay right. I know that I'm a good test subject 'cause almost any necklace I wear spins around my neck so that the focal piece ends up everywhere but in the center or the clasp rotates around to the front almost as soon as a wear it.

Don't worry about that whole "jeans" concept though. I have some big funky pieces that look awesome with a nice white button down shirt and a pair of jeans, the jewelry just becomes a statement. Don't be afraid to make your own style statement, that's what being a jewelry artist is all about! :-)

Here's a few pics of my latest pieces (including some of those funky ones that do well with casual or dressy attire):

Kerensamere
03-31-2004, 09:31 PM
Sorry, I really need to work on making my pics a little smaller. Enjoy them practically life sized for now! :rolleyes:
-Jen

TheBlueBetween
03-31-2004, 10:04 PM
Looks good! Looks like a good step forward out of that funk. I definately test wear my new designs to make sure that they lay right. I know that I'm a good test subject 'cause almost any necklace I wear spins around my neck so that the focal piece ends up everywhere but in the center or the clasp rotates around to the front almost as soon as a wear it.

Don't worry about that whole "jeans" concept though. I have some big funky pieces that look awesome with a nice white button down shirt and a pair of jeans, the jewelry just becomes a statement. Don't be afraid to make your own style statement, that's what being a jewelry artist is all about! :-)

Here's a few pics of my latest pieces (including some of those funky ones that do well with casual or dressy attire):

Hi Jen, thanks :) A nice white button down shirt is just what I need! I love that look, but with a three year old in my life 24/7 white shirts don't last very long. (Girls night out friday though, so maybe...)

Your jewelry certainly would make that outfit into a statement - I'm sure it looks fantastic on! I don't see them turning around on you though - they seem like they would stay put.

:) Pam

TheBlueBetween
03-31-2004, 10:05 PM
Hey y'all, this is my first post on this forum, so be kind! :D Here's one of mine. Wire, ceramic beads and lampwork beads (mine). Hope its not too big.
Sarita

Hi Sarita - welcome! Your bracelet is really great! Love the beads :)

Kerensamere
03-31-2004, 11:08 PM
Hi Jen, thanks :) A nice white button down shirt is just what I need! I love that look, but with a three year old in my life 24/7 white shirts don't last very long. (Girls night out friday though, so maybe...)

Your jewelry certainly would make that outfit into a statement - I'm sure it looks fantastic on! I don't see them turning around on you though - they seem like they would stay put.

:) Pam

Thanks for the compliments. Trust me, I understand about the white shirts, I've got a 2 1/2 year old. So I wear royal blue and burgundy button downs sometimes too. ;) The colors help hide the UTD (unidentified toddler debris.) :D

beadamaniac!
04-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Cool stuff everyone! I especially love all the wire bracelets.
Was catalog browsing recently and saw lots of black and white and metallics, as well as the spring brights, so I've been making stuff that was inspired by that.