PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday S&T - Show us your candy!

mperaza
03-31-2004, 12:53 AM
It's just past the midnight hour here - didn't see any other all-nighters post the S&T - so I'll get us going.

Here's what I took out of the kiln this evening: (sorry for hoggin).

Have a great day!
Marilyn

Orca
03-31-2004, 12:58 AM
Beautiful flowers.......luscious berries, altogether yummy!!

Kalera
03-31-2004, 01:13 AM
Wow, awesome set, Marilyn! Sweet and juicy. Will it be for sale? I want to keep my eye on that auction, I bet it goes HIGH!

I *just* posted on the Tuesday night thread, but I could post something different here... nothing fresh out of the kiln (I haven't shot yesterday's yet, and today's are still 500 degrees!) but I have a couple more from last week that I'm awful proud of and I don't think I've shown off here yet:

Briatha
03-31-2004, 01:16 AM
Marilyn scrumptious strawberries set!
Kalera magnificent sets!

Teri.p
03-31-2004, 01:38 AM
Marilyn - Fabulous strawberries.... and the blossoms are right on! I'm with Kalera, I'll be watching for an auction!

Kalera - Wow! I love love love the second set!!

Here's a new set, just listed on eBay. Red copper green, opal yellow, and SIS.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2004/23019-040148.jpg

Teri

Kalera
03-31-2004, 01:52 AM
Ooooooohhhh, Teri, that set! It makes me want to cry. Those colors are so incredibly edible together, and it's so well-executed! Well done! Off to eBay (like I can afford it!)

Lisa Jordan
03-31-2004, 02:16 AM
Good Wednesday Morning!!
Wow, Marilyn, your berries and blossoms are so lifelike, amazing
Kalera, Love your twistie set, don't you hate waiting for the kiln to cool!!
Teri, Yum, beautiful colors and designs, haven't seen those colors together before, great choice!

Here are a few mine, can't seem to stop making odd shaped beads.

GinaJ
03-31-2004, 03:39 AM
Really great beads...Lisa, those are awesome! Here's mine (my first lentils, woohoo!) :

JCA
03-31-2004, 05:09 AM
Excellent display of beauty alredy today.
This is my first etched bead. Grass Green over silver dicro. With pink flames.

gwacie
03-31-2004, 06:30 AM
Great Marilyn, now I'm hungry and longing for the strawberries I left at home in the fridge!

Lovely start all. Great beads. Jim, I'm enjoying your recent color expansions. The purple series will be swell too (hint hint). YOu know, purple with a silver foil core and edp flames etc etc.

carrieabn
03-31-2004, 06:48 AM
Beautiful beads eveyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get my torch and start playing!

Carrie

nursekatie
03-31-2004, 06:58 AM
I wish I was staying home to torch.......My head is popping full of ideas!! And YOU all are only making it worse with this wonderful eye candy today!!!
Marilyn...the berries are the berries!!!
Lisa Jordan.......Girl....you are such a wonderful artist!!!
Gina Great lentils!!
Kalera.....beautiful!!!
Teri....I love SIS.....wonderful use of it!! That color is sooo creamy!!
Jim....super colors!! I love to see your flames in different colors!!

I am working on the DESIGN of my beads...the composition......it is actually a fun process.......I was looking at Matisse's work.....he is well known for large, busy colorful backgrounds.............so I used some of that inspiration to make these last night....the only 2 beads I made, but I like the direction they are going in and I can't wait to do more with this process!!! These are still pretty organic......but I am getting closer :D

Amozoo
03-31-2004, 07:59 AM
Nice strawberries Marilyn! Mr. Booger, wow that bead is beautiful!! Everyone's beads are great today. Ok, here's my newest salt water fish, this one is a dolphin, so I needed a different stand than the sea weed looking stuff because dolphins are very far out to sea.

AMR GlassWorks
03-31-2004, 08:01 AM
Great S/T already this morning! :clap:
Marilyn those look good enough to eat!! Great berries!
Kalera great looking sets!
Teri love the colors in that set!
Lisa you constantly amaze me!! Great beads!
Gina yummy sets and great 1st lentils!!
Jim love the pink fire!! When's it going up?? :evil:
Katie love what inspiration does for your beads!!
Here is what survived the kiln last night out of the 2 sets I made! :crying: The other set, 4 outta 5 lentils made it but I know why they cracked so I'll be remaking those today!! :mad: This set below I make with violet, mosaic and uranium yellow.

Amorett you snuck in on me! Great dolphin!!!!

lepoppet
03-31-2004, 08:42 AM
Blue Bicones from Me. Fresh out of the kiln.

Maria

lsking
03-31-2004, 08:45 AM
Wowie zowie everyone! What a great S&T! I love everyone's goodies today!

Here's my addition. It is a trans orange hollow focal with med amber dots. It reminds me of those Jolly Rancher candies I loved as a kid! Yum!

Sue

Toxey's Treasures
03-31-2004, 09:10 AM
Man, everyone is great!! However, those berries make me hungry, I'd better not look at them anymore!! :p

Jennifer Geldard
03-31-2004, 09:18 AM
Wow!
What beauty this morning!!

Marilyn... so lovely.. I just want to eat them :)
Kalera.. The red you achieved in that second set is beautiful!! Is that striking red?.. Yum
Teri.... wow! A beautiful example of those hand pulled colors!! They look stunning with the sis!
Lisa... Those beads are wonderful!! I'd love to hold them and just look at them for a long time. There's so much going on in them.
Gina.. Beautiful Work!! I love the purple set!!
Jim... Have you been invading my brain?? Those are my favorite colors :D
I love it!!
Katie... I love the direction you're going with your work... they look like miniature abstract paintings! SO lovely!!
Amoret... WOW! That's so cool! Cudos for flaming out of the box!
Anne... Those are awesome! They really do look like batik!
Maria.. those are great! NICE shaping!!
Sue.. isn't that orange the best??? It's all the good things about opalino, but in a totally compatible glass... your right! It does look like candy :)

Here's a couple of ornates..
I can't stop making these whiteheart based beads.

kenchunk
03-31-2004, 09:20 AM
Great beads everyone :clap:

Here is mine

Patch
03-31-2004, 09:21 AM
Great beads everybody. Those berries look *eatable*!!
Jennifer, your beads always look like they glow from within! Love them!
Patch

AMR GlassWorks
03-31-2004, 09:23 AM
Wow great beadies everyone!!! Jen I cannot wait to meet you in a couple of months!!! Unfortunatly I had to give up my spot in your class you are doing here! :crying: I love your new beads you are making lately! I just wish I could bid on them!!! I think my beads look like batik also. I've been working on a batik kick lately!! :D

quill
03-31-2004, 09:42 AM
Luscious strawberries, Marilyn
Love that second bicone, nursekatie
I like that stubby bicone shape, Maria
Your lentil sets are really nice Anne & looks like everyone is feeling batiky.

mperaza
03-31-2004, 09:48 AM
I can't believe the absolutely gorgeous eye candy here this morning!
Kalera- Love your beads - that 2nd set is beautiful!
Teri- Magnificent color combo! Beautiful! (what colors did you use?)
Lisa- totally awesome beads.
Gina - Fantastic job on your first lentils - they're perfectly matched!
Mr. Booger- I just love your fire beads - the etching of that particular bead makes the bead light up with an inner glow.
Katie - Very artistic beads. I particularly like the top one.
Amoret - Beautiful interpretation of a dolphin. (My favorite fish to catch & eat)
Anne- Awesome set - I love the color combination.
Mariea - That set is perfect - I like the smaller bicones.
Sue - Great dot placement - and you're right, it does kinda look like a jolly rancher (with dots).
Jennifer - As always - Outstanding beads!
Sachiko- Your bicone is great - I love the 2nd set though - all I can say is WOW!

For those of you who asked - the strawberries will go up on auction (most likely on ebay). However, I'm going to make a few more to add to the set, so they won't go on auction until this weekend.

Thank you all for showing your beads - this is one of the best S&T's I've seen in a while.
Marilyn

Linnea
03-31-2004, 09:49 AM
Great Beads everyone!!!!!! Here are mine for today
Have a great day

mperaza
03-31-2004, 09:50 AM
Ooops Linda, you snuck in on me - very nice beads - perfect for the season!

Marilyn

AMR GlassWorks
03-31-2004, 09:53 AM
Wow! More great beadies!!! You know after looking at Linda's (very pretty!!)and Cathie's (love that lentil set with the purple/turq/coral) I wonder if I should etch mine? What do ya'll think? :confused:

Linnea
03-31-2004, 09:59 AM
I think the turquoise really looks great etched,, Anne maybe make another small set in the same colors and etch them and see what looks better to you. I love the beads you made shiny too :clap: :clap:

quill
03-31-2004, 10:01 AM
I wonder if I should etch mine? What do ya'll think?

I usually etch my violet beads, I find it brings out the color but yours do look nice the way they are. Can you try etching one ? If you do please post a pic, I would like to see the difference.

Oh & can anyone guess what I used to get the orange in my beads? It's a reaction I really like & I haven't seen it anywhere else.

AMR GlassWorks
03-31-2004, 10:02 AM
I'll make somemore today or maybe a big focal and I'll etch it and show it! :D
On the orange did you use that new coral, the cantelpoe one? :D

quill
03-31-2004, 10:12 AM
On the orange did you use that new coral, the cantelpoe one?
Nope!

ABannie
03-31-2004, 10:17 AM
Well.... everyones work is lovely ... I feel like it has been ages since I posted anything here. Well... Now that I think on it, It has been ages :confused:
There are so many new folks here :D
Well here is what I have been up to :eek:

~ Annie

jujeebeads
03-31-2004, 10:32 AM
Good morning! Amazing beads here today! What beautiful color combos everyone is using! and three pages already, ya'll have been busy!!!

Hopefully I will be productive today, but for now here's mine, another "Kenya" set for eBay. I love the way the black reacts with the white, leaving this silver outline.

Judy :cat:

Moth
03-31-2004, 10:42 AM
Boy you sure can tell summer is on its way! Strawberries, bright summery flowers and batik! Oh my!

Here's mine.
Stardust lentils and two new florals.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2004/24464-stardustlentilsflorals.JPG

~~Mary

Trishki
03-31-2004, 10:45 AM
Wow, what beautiful beads today!
It's not even 8 am here and we've got 3 pages!!!
Here's a set that I just put up on the bay! The square hole bead is an experiment, kind of fun! Any suggestions on how to use it???

yeepers
03-31-2004, 11:17 AM
Hey Patricia!

Great square holed bead. Those always cry out "toggle" to me.

Great beads everyone !!!! <sigh>

Back to the books for me.

Have yourselves a great day :)

Kim Watanabe
03-31-2004, 11:23 AM
Wow - everyone's stuff is so pretty today.

Linda - I'm guessing silver pink dots.

quill
03-31-2004, 11:32 AM
Linda - I'm guessing silver pink dots.

Nope, but good guess.

Jennifer Geldard
03-31-2004, 11:48 AM
Good morning! Amazing beads here today! What beautiful color combos everyone is using! and three pages already, ya'll have been busy!!!

Hopefully I will be productive today, but for now here's mine, another "Kenya" set for eBay. I love the way the black reacts with the white, leaving this silver outline.

Judy,
I've never seen that effect before..
What kind of glass are you using??
They're beautiful!

Lisa Jordan
03-31-2004, 11:51 AM
Linda, here's my guess...opal yellow w/trans orange???? Or is it one color??
edit.....changed my mind...opal yel w/ amber trans??

snootyvixen
03-31-2004, 12:50 PM
I am SO in a slump! I can't figure out what I want to do, and when I do figure it out, my mind changes almost instantaneously.

So, I was quite surprised when these popped out of my flame yesterday - the flowers are kind of run-of-the-mill, and they need perfecting, but they're my first and I like them, they make me smile!

The triangles I really love also - they just kind of developed from a wonky spacer! (the one with the clear amethyst in the middle was the culprit!) and I think I might work on these and make a whole strand! well ...... maybe just a little strand! I like their funkiness. I think that, for me, they are a good thing because they teach me that funkiness is fine and they don't have to be balanced, or symmetrical, or have a totally flat surface.

Sorry about the pic, they are all still on mandrels, right out of the vermiculite, but I was so excited with them that I couldn't wait to anneal them before I took pics!

Vikki
(off to look at the rest of the S&T thread now!)

snootyvixen
03-31-2004, 01:24 PM
Wow - and it certainly was worth a look back over the thread!

The strawberries make me hungry, Marilyn, and the flowers are so pretty!

Kalera, I love them! The focal in the bottom set looks very "pop art"-ish!

Teri - now I have to go find that one rod of red copper green - they are LUSH!

Lisa - Odd shapes are GOOD!! They work, they are so appealing! The colors in the second one really speak to me :D

Gina - the first set is very pretty, but the lentils are great!

Mr Booger - different, yes - stunning, ABSOLUTELY!!

Katie - you've really found your niche with those long bicones - I love them!

Am! That's one neat dolphin, and the blue stand is perfect!

Anne - pretty lentils! I really like the interaction between the violet and the green

Maria - you ARE marketing that bicone tool, aren't you? they're yummy!!

Sue, I'm heavily into hollows lately, and that one is so pretty! The colors look super and you're right, looks like you could just pop it into your mouth!!

Jennifer - every bead you show just floors me - no kidding! Those are so summery!

Sachiko - perfect bicone!! And look at the color you got out of that opal yellow - WTG!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Quill - love those colors!!! Are you willing to let us know what they are? Great set! (edit: I just realized i was one of your infamous guessing competitions! LOL!)

Cathie - you GO girlfriend! I've seen a huge leap in your progress lately, and all those beads ROCK!! Especially the second last set of lentils - wow!!!

Annie - I've missed seeing your work - and what a comeback! WOwzers!!!

Judy - love those lentils! What glass are you using to get that reaction?

Mary - I have floral envy - good job!!

WOW TRISHKI!!! I can't even IMAGINE how you came up with that set - next to red on black, orange on black is my least favorite combination to work on because EVERYTHING looks like it's black glass!! The square bead is amazing - could you use it as a toggle loop?

Phew! What a glass fix! GREAT Work everyone!

Vikki

McDuck
03-31-2004, 01:42 PM
Great beads everyone! -Mary

manda j
03-31-2004, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=snootyvixen]I am SO in a slump! I can't figure out what I want to do, and when I do figure it out, my mind changes almost instantaneously.

So, I was quite surprised when these popped out of my flame yesterday - the flowers are kind of run-of-the-mill, and they need perfecting, but they're my first and I like them, they make me smile!

The triangles I really love also - they just kind of developed from a wonky spacer!

Hi Vikki-
I sure wouldn't be in a slump with such gorgeous creations!!! I love the triangle ones and all the colors are so SPRING-y! Do some more! :clap:

snootyvixen
03-31-2004, 02:04 PM
Hi Vikki-
I sure wouldn't be in a slump with such gorgeous creations!!! I love the triangle ones and all the colors are so SPRING-y! Do some more! :clap:

Thanks Manda! I'll have a little time to torch when the girls are at school tomorrow afternoon, and those are DEFINITELY on my "to do" list! They were the last thing I did yesterday - I always seem to get a burst of inspiration from*somewhere* in my last 15 minutes at the torch! Next session, I'll be
starting with triangles!

Vikki

quill
03-31-2004, 02:07 PM
Lisa, close enough, the orange/yellow color is opal yellow. I found out by accident that when you put it over 254 the color strikes to a bright yellow. I really like the effect.

manda j
03-31-2004, 02:10 PM
Wow, what beautiful beads today!
It's not even 8 am here and we've got 3 pages!!!
Here's a set that I just put up on the bay! The square hole bead is an experiment, kind of fun! Any suggestions on how to use it???

I LOVE the square hole one! How did you do that???? I do a lot of bead crochet that is big and large holed beads like that are perfect with it. Something like the bead on the middle. The bead crochet part is about a 1/4 inch big.
Manda

Jamn!
03-31-2004, 04:13 PM
I just give up today on trying to comment on all the fabulous work!! I am having one of "THOSE DAYS"

Here is another one of my "Momma's Stacked" beads hehehe.. O.K. so I named them a little silly but its what I think of when I think of stacked dots..

The bumpies on this one got a little too hot and I am po'd too cuz its way windy here and can't get a pic of all the beads together the wind keeps blowing them all over!

Never mind the bead release!!

The last photo is a weird little bead in which I was trying out a new style of bead. I still don't know if I like it or not??? :confused: :confused: It's sitting in a glass of coke to get the reduced part off right now!! :)

Beadarella
03-31-2004, 04:23 PM
Just had to say Beautiful stuff EVERYONE!!

Thanks for posting all this wonderful eye candy !!

My best,

Tara

jennakate
03-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Amazing stuff! wide variety today. great work everyone!

CLabora
03-31-2004, 07:27 PM
As always it is so much fun to see what everyone has been creating.
Well here I present to you my kind of first set of Boro beads - the pretty, the so-so and the ugly. I am so intrigued about this glass, plus I think working with Boro is the only way to be truly original because it would be practically imposible to duplicate anyone else's work. It is almost imposible to duplicate one's own with Boro!

Want to give thanks to Lauri Copeland who spend an afternoon teaching me about Boro, to Sonya (addicted2beads) for her sharing of color combos and to Alex for the new tips she gave me.

Alan Cross
03-31-2004, 07:53 PM
Always a treat to much to comment on but never to much to look at!!
Alan :)

dread
03-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Wow such lovelies today
lots of color and lots of different types of beads

Bead on people !!!!

JHDesigns
03-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Wow Cecelia!
Those are great!!!
Congrats!
Jami

Beaditudes
03-31-2004, 09:58 PM

That is a cool effect. What white & what black are you using??? My black tends to "bleed" all over the white, even intense black. So maybe I'm not using the right white. Thanks in advance for sharing!

Jamn!
03-31-2004, 10:15 PM
Oooh yuck I just looked at my pics above and my computer at work is awful They don't look at all right. They're cloudy and the colors off!! I will try again tomorrow from home!

Patricia'sglass
03-31-2004, 10:18 PM
Gorgeous boro, Cecelia!! Not ugly at all. Wonderful S&T. I haven't torched in a couple days. Maybe tomorrow I'll have photos of tonights work. Thanks all for sharing.

Dread, what is your ebay seller name? I always watch out for new kitty cats!
Pattym

wildfirelauri
03-31-2004, 10:57 PM
Cecilia, you done good. The color looks clear and bright.

And, I enjoyed meeting you as well.

McDuck
03-31-2004, 11:30 PM
Two ceramic pendants. new kiln controller on the way!
-mary

starlightdesigns
03-31-2004, 11:49 PM
Here's a couple of ornates..
I can't stop making these whiteheart based beads.

OMG!!!! Drop dead gorgeous!!!!

Beth Myers
04-01-2004, 12:28 AM
BEAUTIFUL EVERYONE!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

KD-W
04-01-2004, 12:54 AM
Jennifer G... Your beads just knock me out! The subtle changes in color and the sheer gentleness ... Your are a treat...