PDA

View Full Version : McDuckie, thread hogginess

McDuck
03-30-2004, 10:19 PM
Hello! I actually have been very busy, the first photo is of some lampwork bead earring sets mainly, practice on flowers with ugly colors! Why use up the good stuff ;)

next image is of 3 clay bicones, hand formed. I hope to fire them tomorrow! They are for the BOC bicone challenge. (yes they still need to be cleaned up!)

next image is another bicone. (yes it still needs to be cleaned up!)

A sample of a few (geesh I have a ton more and these are none of my new colors) of the glaze colors on regular slip molded and a few hand formed beads.

Lastly an unfired clay set. (yes they still need to be cleaned up!)

Hope you like them! Let me know if you have any favs on the ceramic bead colors.

Thank for looking!
mary...errrr...McDuck

dread
03-30-2004, 10:30 PM
I like bicoes and especially ceramic bicones = lovely
some nice stuff and those bicones look perfect

McDuck
03-30-2004, 11:14 PM
Thank you Deborah! I am having a heck of a time and couldnt correct the color on the images :( my adobe keeps locking up! I love the bicones, they were really fun to make once I figured them out. -Mary

toozygoot
03-30-2004, 11:17 PM
Quack, quack quack QUAK quack quack!!! ooops!

Mary, you sure HAVE been busy! I wish I could see all the detail but they look great from what I can see! That bicone is neat too! I have always been amazed by how glazes fire and the resulting colors. I think my favorite effect is the look of the third from the right on the second row. Forgive me if I haven't been keeping up, but do you do raky beads as well? Love that look too. Thanks for all the pics and I hope your kiln is operational soon!

pat

McDuck
03-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Toot, Toot, Toot! Thank you Toozy-pat!! Sorry about the details, crappypics as adobe is not cooperating, it keeps not responging! The colors look so much better in person :( :( -Mary

Ignuss-Fatuus
03-31-2004, 12:04 AM
OOO so much fin Mary! Love em! cant wait to see what else you got in there! lol What kind of glazes are you using? Laguna? Laguna has a ton of great ones....:) what cone are you firing too as well...hehe maybe I can dig out some oldies but goodies for yeah :)
Karin

Jacinthe
03-31-2004, 04:31 AM
Mary can I come play with you? You look like you have so much fun and passion making your stuff! I wanna learn it too! Yeesh, can you see me explaining this to hubby, glass stuff all over the kitchen table and porcelein all over the living room ;-) I need a studio!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

gwacie
03-31-2004, 06:31 AM
what fun! can't wait to see 'em glazed.

McDuck
03-31-2004, 08:38 AM
Hi Karin, no laguna, havent used their glazes yet.

Sarah- of course you can come play! It would be awsome!! I have about 150 porcelin beads too, just having some kiln problems or I would be showing them to you also! They are peach, blue and beige slip cast.

Yes Gwacie it is a blast!

-Mary

CorvetteJuliet
03-31-2004, 09:45 AM
Mary, I'm intrigued by the clay beads. My daughter has been bugging me to let her try ceramics in my kiln - ala "Clay-Z-Daze" (the local paint it yourself bisque and they fire it shop). I got a kiln which will let me go to cone 06. What kind of clay are you using? Do you put them on a mandrel to fire the glazes? I hadn't thought about making clay beads before. I need to get to the local ceramics shop to get some firing cones - but they're only open M-F and I work! Arugh! I've got a 50 lb box of white clay here! Oh for more hours in the day. :D If you get a chance and it's not too much bother, can you elaborate a bit on the clay bead procedure? Thanks, ~Juliet

McDuck
03-31-2004, 11:55 AM
Hi Juliet! I love your excitement! Please check out this site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beads-of-clay/ and our new Beads of Clay website at http://beads-of-clay.org/ Actually Andi - Mystic Spiral and Melanie - Earthenwood have a thread here on WC about making clay beads. I would be more than happy to answer your questions, I just have to get home to do it. THanks! Mary

CorvetteJuliet
03-31-2004, 11:47 PM
Mary, Thanks so much for the links. I just signed up for the Yahoo group! And many thanks too for all your hand holding help in PMs and putting up with all my questions! Alexanna loved the idea of making ceramic beads for her B'Day party! Infact she and I shaped 62 simple round beads tonight. :clap: ~Juliet