PDA

View Full Version : Another Frit Show & Tell

Adriana_S
03-30-2004, 11:34 AM
I know we've done this before but Val has come out with some new colors and I know that people who hadn't purchased before are purchasing now and i'd love to see what people are doing with them lately! I'll start with some of my favorite sets and hope to see lots to follow! I'm intereted in seeing what some of the colors I don't have are capable of being worked into!! :evil: (of COURSE so I can go buy them!)

Oh and all of the pics I'm posting are ocelot. . I have other pics but these are the only ones I can locate on my hard drive easily. . . that and ocelot is just my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!!

Adriana_S
03-30-2004, 11:36 AM
as usual. . . in all my smartness I forgot the pics!

Adriana_S
03-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Two Ocelot and Silver focals (I've posted these in show and tells before - sorry for the repeats!)

Lara
03-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Adriana: Beautful beads. I especially like the first focal. Nice shape.

Lara

!ngridh
03-30-2004, 11:58 AM
They are reallllllllllllllllllyy beautiful....I like the shape of the round beads and the transparent swirls add a very nice design feature that accentuates the the frit below the surface....very very nicE! :clap:

Lynn Larson
03-30-2004, 12:18 PM
OOOOHH! Love the green set!! Your spiral beads just make me drool so bad! They're fritastic!

Adriana_S
03-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys!!! Y'all are awesome (got a big head fix for the day)

I want to see pictures from everyone else TOO!!!! :D

!Karen
03-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Here are a few experiement beads. Hope I have them in the correct order.

Kiln Strike Copper Ruby on White-Opaline Translucent
Kiln Strike Copper Ruby on clear
Zesty Tangerine on purple (medium, I think)

Denim Blue on clear
Denim Blue on Moretti white

Green Luster (not reduced) on purple (again, medium, I think)
Denim Blue on White-Opaline Translucent (no purple in here, I'm getting a reflection)
Forest Green on coral
Forest Green on White-Opaline Translucent with hair stringer of intense black

Karen:)

gypsysoul
03-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Adriana, I love all the beads you've shown here, but those two focals have had me enthralled since you first showed them last week. BRAVO!!

Karen, really great pics of your experiments! Thanks for the "formulas" too. :D I especially like the reactions you got with purple!

I've got to get my butt back in gear and update my frit experiments, too. I still have such low energy after being sick for so long, but these beads have perked me up! Thanks! :clap:

Paula

CorvetteJuliet
03-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Beautiful Beads Ladies! It's great seeing the reduction frits. I purchased a few but haven't tried them yet. Maybe this week I'll make that little collar for my hot head to cover up the air holes so I can get a reducing flame. You've inspired me to get busy! :) I'm just amazed at all the different looks from the same frits - it's like little chemistry experiments all over the place! Too neat! :) Thanks. ~Juliet

rightbrainbeads
03-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Adriana, I *really* love the color of the first set!

Karen, very nice beads! I love the green luster on purple... that green luster is such an awesome color!!

Juliette, I agree, frit beads are like a bunch of chemistry experiments! I never get tired of playing with frit, and the results are never exactly the same.

I'm really happy with this fish that I made a few days ago. It's Val's fuchsia frit on copper leaf (which I didn't burn off completely), on a base glass of opal yellow. The opal yellow developed so many cool color striations, and I left the shape of the fish very basic (instead of working it to death which I'm prone to do :eek: :D ), which made me happy!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2004/10185-copperfish.jpg

and a close-up 'cuz I love what the opal yellow did! :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2004/10185-copperfishclose.jpg

Hey Paula! (So sorry to hear you've been under the weather... :( )

lynne

DebbieSue
03-30-2004, 09:59 PM
I like seeing the different frit effects. Love that denim blue.... :clap:

Debbie

toozygoot
03-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Addie - that green set is scrumptious! I love them all but that one really has me!

Karen - now you've gone and done it! I've been so good not buying any frit for the last few weeks. But you made that denim blue look so good! And I bet there isn't any available. :rolleyes:

Lynne - I'd be very happy with that fish too! To me it looks like a piece of antiquity - that maybe hung from an ancient king's neckpiece.

Today I played with gold pink encased on BE lime green. Reminds me of watermelon. It looked pretty good!

pat

cgbeads
03-31-2004, 02:02 AM
Hi, I've been lurking for a while and will introduce myself later but I couldn't resist showing you my heart made with frit and would someone PM me, I can't figure out how to thumbnail. Thanks
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2004/28413-703a.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2004/28413-703b.JPG

!ngridh
03-31-2004, 02:38 AM
Here are a few experiement beads. Hope I have them in the correct order.

Kiln Strike Copper Ruby on White-Opaline Translucent
Kiln Strike Copper Ruby on clear
Zesty Tangerine on purple (medium, I think)

Denim Blue on clear
Denim Blue on Moretti white

Green Luster (not reduced) on purple (again, medium, I think)
Denim Blue on White-Opaline Translucent (no purple in here, I'm getting a reflection)
Forest Green on coral
Forest Green on White-Opaline Translucent with hair stringer of intense black

Karen:)

Karen...is that Bullseye glass...and Val's frits?

welcome Donna...and

I am taking a 4 day class this weekend at BE someone tell me what I have to get while I am there since I bought the stocking order and know that I didn't get the cranberry...tho .....I admit...I am still in love with moretti orchid ;-)

!Karen
03-31-2004, 10:18 AM
Nope, no BE. I am trying to save up for one of their sampler packs. I really want to try it.

It's all either Moretti or Vetrofond.

:)Karen

Baxsie
03-31-2004, 12:19 PM
Great frit beads! I am a relative frit newbie, but having fun experimenting!

Here is a reduction frit + silver bead (first one), Mint Julep and Black (second pic) and Tutti Frutti (fish).

Janet

Onalee
03-31-2004, 12:58 PM
Adriana, what did you use for a base for your light colored bead? I think it would help if everyone told their base color because each frit reacts so differently with each color. I've got some experiments that I worked up with Opal yellow that I need to get a picture of. Onalee

manda j
03-31-2004, 02:26 PM
Great frit beads! I am a relative frit newbie, but having fun experimenting!

Here is a reduction frit + silver bead (first one), Mint Julep and Black (second pic) and Tutti Frutti (fish).

Janet

HI JANET-
I can't believe YOU are a newbie (depression sets in again)!!! Those roosters are just wonderful! What colors did you use in each of them?
Manda :D

Onalee
03-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Here is my picture of frits over opal yellow. Starting on the left are copper ruby, scarlet,iris violet,blue violet lime green, tangerine, iris gold tourmaline, copper blue, gold pink silver blue. I have done some fun things with the gold pink over opal yellow. Haven't done more with any of the others. Onalee

Onalee
03-31-2004, 03:56 PM
Don't know why the picture doesn't post. Will try it again. Onalee

Adriana_S
04-01-2004, 04:25 AM
AWESOME beads everyone! Totally!

Onalee I used a base of light pink. . . for both the lighter of the two spiraled sets and for the paler of the two focals. The only difference is that the focal has Ocelot Spots frit applied and then a layer of silver fumed over it for that "silverblue" look!

Its one of my FAVORITES!

Here's another frit set from today. . . .ok ok two. . Ocelot again. . . that stuff is SO great! Val has some up if you haven't tried it!!! You absolutely HAVE TO!

The darker set is a base of lavender (moretti p272) with random light turqoise rolled in ocelot. The second is my pink again. . . just a different version. Guess I should experiment with some different colors now, huh? :rolleyes: :D

Onalee
04-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Adriana, is the light colored focal with silver and oscelot spots the lt. pink? It looks like ivory but I know Ivory doesn't react that way with frit. I love the lt pink too. It doesn't do ugly things to frit. Onalee

Adriana_S
04-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Adriana, is the light colored focal with silver and oscelot spots the lt. pink? It looks like ivory but I know Ivory doesn't react that way with frit. I love the lt pink too. It doesn't do ugly things to frit. Onalee

Yes Ma'am! It's light pink. . .I don't particularly care (right now. . that could change later) for the ivory glass and frit reactions. . . . . it's not "in me" to work with that combo lately!

the pale pink is VERY useful I'm discovering. . . . I'm having fun with pink and silver too. . . you get a beautiful opal"y" yellow color and when you find ways to throw clear in there it brings the base pink out and "WOW"!

;) :D

Baxsie
04-01-2004, 10:05 AM
HI JANET-
I can't believe YOU are a newbie (depression sets in again)!!! Those roosters are just wonderful! What colors did you use in each of them?
Manda :D

Hi Manda -

Thanks for the kind words. I started lampworking last May, and started using frits a couple few weeks ago. They really expand the color and texture palette! I only have 14 jars of frit, nothing compared to the rest of the frit-o-holics here. :p

Colors:
Top rooster = black base rolled in silver foil, then Silver Lapis reduction frit. I reduce these, but then "unreduce" a bit, otherwise, they are totally metallic. The "unreducing" brings out nice patina shades that I love.

Rooster/Hen/Eggs = black base + Mint Julep frit

Fish = (probably obvious) Tutti Frutti

Janet

Adriana_S
04-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I started lampworking last May, and started using frits a couple few weeks ago. They really expand the color and texture palette! I only have 14 jars of frit, nothing compared to the rest of the frit-o-holics here. :p

Don't feel bad. . I don't even have that many! I'm just "Stuck" on a few colors!!

beachbeads
04-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Here's a couple of my created from my own frit recipes, and lots of silver. I am going to be putting some of the amber snake frit mix in Swap Shop later today as I mixed up a big baggies full. Sheila

gypsysoul
04-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Janet, your roosters, chicken, and fish are so cool!! :clap:

I finally managed to get some torch time in (although now my sinuses are killing me again :crying: ), but the pain was worth it. lol Here are some new ones, and all the details (and larger pictures) are on the frit test pages of my website (see link in my signature), so I don't take up so much space here (or have to repeat myself :p lol) The first four all have Ccelot Spots, and the last two have Thai Teal.

Paula

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2004/10675-040304-1a-sm.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2004/10675-040304-1b-sm.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2004/10675-040304-2-sm.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2004/10675-040304-3-sm.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2004/10675-040304-4-sm.jpg