PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, Show and Tell

Virginia L.
03-30-2004, 04:12 AM
Wow, I expected one to be started already!!! Ok, I have been so ill, I have not been able to torch for days...So I was really excited when I felt well enough this afternoon...I had such a good time...I tried doing a hollow bead with a ducky inside for the challenge...BIG LAUGH THERE!!! The ducky turned out cute, but the first side, the bead release broke, so I turned it the other way, put some dots on it, and made a mess...THEN, just to cause a little extra laughter...I thought, I love those squigly plates that Dale Chahuley makes, I think I will make a miniature one, OFF THE END OF MY MANDREL!! ROFL!!! Since I was doing things I could not possible do yet, lets try one of those, WITH A HOT HEAD!!! ROFL Well, that ones bead release broke too, they are hanging around the duck....Anyway, I think those high temperatures took the last few good brain cells I had...Well, then I DID have fun with my frit...I can see how addicting it can be.....sooooooooo, lets make a REALLY long one...I cannot believe it, I actually got if OFF the mandrell, so they day ended well...EXCEPT, HELP Val, what happened on the dark one...I put the same frit over dark transparent green teal and blue teal....everything seemed to burn and go yucky instead of doing pretty things???? I have no idea what when wrong. Then, I have found another bead charity...I am a happy girl now. I won't forget the kids at the hopsital, but they are flooded with beads and this charity will be over in May....SO, little beads, not my forte', but by the time I have made 17 sets of them by May, it sure will be, won't it...anyone else interested in playing - here is the web pages...I found it thru someone else that hangs out here, going from her web pages to these...
http://www.cindybeads.com/projectmercy.htm God Bless you all and keep you safe - Virginia L.

JCA
03-30-2004, 05:20 AM
Virginia- I like those bi-cones

Fire and Ice cone the flames looked shadowed I like the effect. Then Black base Pink flames!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!

stxbeads
03-30-2004, 06:15 AM
Newbie Posting.........

Don't have any loose beads at the moment....so here are the two most recent bracelets.....

Hope

Booger
03-30-2004, 06:30 AM
Dot City Cross (for Corina's Dot Challenge) Love the bicones VirginiaL but I have to admit I loved the story. Too funny. I tried a fish in a fish once.........It looks more like the fish gagged on a purple zucchini and became THE BIGGEST "Bead" to date......

Dot. Dot. Dot. Dot. Dotdotdotdotdotdotdotdotdot........repeat a zillion times....
Sheryll

Onalee
03-30-2004, 06:54 AM
Virginia, I loved your story. Cute ducky. Nice try on the bicones. They aren't easy. Loved the dot beads and the flames. Here is a see that I'm working on. I'm trying to get the dot thing down. Virginia, frits react differently with different colors. It is a matter of experimenting. I do small beads to check colors together. That way I don't waste a lot of glass. Here are mine for the day. Onalee

dread
03-30-2004, 08:18 AM
Virginia - wonderful beads - I like the colors and effect in the bicones
JCA - I love your flames -- I especially love it on that blue
Stxbeads - I just love brights - they are so so summer !
Booger - O SO BEAUTIFUL !!!!! I love the color combo's
Onalee - the Blue is WOW ! I love the simplicity of the blue and white !

Well I started a seperate thread on these but this is what I did last night
finally puting my thoughts onto the glass and working with it
Voila - painted beads - Sheep was bead 1, Rabbit bead first application attemps not great but by the time I finished it was working out - some cracked but that was my fault for not working them long enough. Next trial run wont be till about thursday (if I finish making some painted pieces to apply)

happylsds
03-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Virginia ~ Nice bicones - I love teh mix of colors in the center one!
Mr. Booger ~ I love the flame cone, it looks like the flames are melting the ice above them.
stxbeads ~ Colorful bracelets! I have been craving color after our crappy winter.
Ms. Booger ~ Beautiful cross!!! Lovely juicy colors!!!
Onalee ~ Pretty blue set
Dread ~ Fabulous beads - can;t wait to see the final ones! We need to get you down to York for one of our meetings!

Here's my humble offerings today

mperaza
03-30-2004, 08:44 AM
well folks, I had something long typed here and commented on each of your beads, but- something happened where I lost it all and I don't have the time right now to re-do it. However, I do have to say to Sheryll that I think her cross is the nicest lampworked cross I've seen yet! It's gorgeous!

Here one set I did yesterday (only one with pics so far):
Have a great day!
Marilyn

greatfindsct
03-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Wow everyone's beads are great! Unfortunately I didn't make any yesterday because I've been packing :( Hopefully I'll be able to get some in before I pack up my studio. Marilyn, I just have to say that I LOVE that set!!! It's gorgeous :clap: Onalee, it's funny, I just did a set sort of like that a couple days ago. I love how the blue and white look together. I called mine Blue Willow :)
Have a great day everyone!

McDuck
03-30-2004, 09:06 AM
Virginia I love that LONG bicone! superb and of course the ducky...I will send my address later, I know it is calling my name! rofl

Jim oh King of the Flames, that black and pink bead is HOT!

Hope those are very cute bracelets!

Queen Booger! The cross is beautiful, I will have to buy one from you as my best friend is being confirmed into the church and I want to make her something special.

Onalee I love that blue and the beads, what color is it?

Oh Deborah? Do I see a sheep? cant imagine why? rofl those are new and upbeat! Cant wait to see more!

Laura, to have such "humble" offerings, I love that lentil, and is the other bead round? it's great too!

Marilyn, those beads and colors work so well together, they are beautiful.

I have some beads waiting to be cleaned at home that I might try to get up for tomorrow. Short of that my kiln just died so I am working on getting it fixed, over 300 beads to fire!!! I will have well over a thousand by the time it gets fixed...

Mary...errrr...McDuck...working my nubby wings to the bone I tell you!

Onalee
03-30-2004, 09:24 AM
The blue I used was lt. Lapis. Onalee

rosebead
03-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Beautiful beads everybody!
These are my latest. I really am excited about them. I think I am starting to "find my voice" in my beads. Unfortunately I am really frustrated with my quest for Mapp gas in my area. (see the post in the tech forum about the $$ cost of Mapp gas). I am seriously thinking about using propane.
Diane

quill
03-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Deborah- those are absolutely wonderful! Can't wait to see more.

Marilyn, I love those sunflowers!

lepoppet
03-30-2004, 10:02 AM
These are fresh out of the kiln,

Salmon-Olive Bicones

Maria

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
03-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Here's mine. I only post here when I have something that I am particularly happy with and this is it. I still can't believe myself. Ha! I hope others feel the same way...you just never know.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2004/16432-2004_0330a1.jpg

Zooziis
03-30-2004, 10:32 AM
Good morning. Great stuff here today. I really love the Pink and black flames! Virginia I love the colors in your top two bicones. That painting technique is cool. I can't wait to see more experiments. Cool Bicones Maria :)

Here is mine for today. I had a request for a "boro like set" from a regular customer. This is what I came up with...

CorvetteJuliet
03-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Virginia - The duck is adorable! I love the light blue set at the bottom too.
Jim - Your flames are awesome as always.
Hope - The colors are so happy!
Sheryll - That's an incredible cross! Which way does the bead hole run?
Onalee - That's a very pretty shade of blue!
Deborah - Those are *incredible*!! I'll have to check out your thread too!
Laura - That organic rock look is just fabulous.
Marilyn - I LOVE the flowers. The subtle color changes on the yellow is great. Is that a heat thing or did you use different colors?
Diane - Your beads are beautiful. I just switched from MAPP to bulk propane (refills for gas grilles) and it's working out great with my HH!
Maria - I love the shape of those diamond bicones.
Lori - WOW, that's fabulous. The silver beads really help the metallic sheen to pop!
Amy - If that's not BORO, what glass did you use? :) Neat!

I'm going to be a royal thread piggie today. I haven't posted any photos in a few weeks and finally broke out the camera this AM (of course I'm waaaay late to work!) :evil:

Wire Mania
03-30-2004, 10:39 AM
Lori - I LOVE everything about those beads (Color, shape, design) they are absolutely stunning...

Patch
03-30-2004, 10:39 AM
Very nice beads... That dot cross is really great. I also love the sunflowers.

Here is my little set for this morning. Wish I could anneal them and hope they won't break before I get a kiln.
Patch

Moth
03-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Virginia! I LOVE that longest bicone you have there. How long is it?

Jim...why isn't that black and pink fire on the bay?? Huh?? I hope you didn't already sell it!

I had a really fun time on the torch last night. Probably the best time I have ever had. Put the baby to bed at 8:50 and torched til 4am! I am going to kill myself staying up that late when I know I have to get up at 7, but I couldn't stop!

Here are some of what I made. I was hoping to list some beads on eBay today, but I have really bad light here with the rain today, so I guess I will wait until tomorrow.

Hollow Cube w/raised florals:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2004/24464-floralhollow.JPG

Blown Vessel. Black w/silver foil reduced:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2004/24464-hollowvessel.jpg

Raised florals on cube. Amber rose transparent/edp twistie base.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2004/24464-amberroseraisedfloral.JPG

That's enough hoggin for me! I optimized the images so they are smaller file sizes so hopefully I don't clog up the thread too bad! :)

~~Mary

Lara
03-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Wow, lots of beads today.

Virginia - Like the middle bicone.
Jim - You make the best fire beads. That pink one is almost surreal. It will sell, anything pink I put up has sold.
Hope - great bracelets
Sheryll - Your cross is stunning, I love the colors.
Onalle - nice blue set. I really like blue and white.
Deborah - wonderful painted beads.
Laura - Really like your organics, esp the frist one.
Marilyn - I love those sunflowers! Will make a great bracelet or necklace. Is that alabastro glass?
Diane - Oh, very abstract/modern, cool look
Maria - great color combo, the short bicones are great.
Lori - Way Cool. I just love purple. What glass is that, Lausha?
Amy - Those are boro like, nice colors.
Juliet - Look at all those beads, I like the green set best.
Patch - nice safari beads
Mary - LIke the visual of the flowers on the cubes.

Here are my beads for today.

First is another organic like bead. This bead was made with silver pink, but I didn't get as much pink/lavendar color from it as the one I did last week. This one is more tan/peach. I still like it though.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2004/10029-stubspgal.jpg

These next beads are part of a set. When I made that picture smaller to post here, it didn't look good. If you are interested, I have the full set on eBay (yes, yes, a shameless plug). I really like the way this twisty turned out. Twisty is white, yellow and green (green has transparent green on the top) and black, cased in clear. Twisty put on a white bead.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2004/10029-ygbwgallery.jpg

Lara

jujeebeads
03-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Beautiful work everyone!! :clap: :clap:
What an assortment we have here today!

I can't wait to get to the torch today!! I was out of town for my high school reunion and wore a black top. The woman I bought the top from said I need to wear "Statement" earrings...this is the "statement" I came up with and wore them proudly:)

Judy :cat:

Beth Myers
03-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Kudos to all!
I see some emerging new forms and a lot more playfulness with colors.
These are some wonderful work.
Thanks for the sharing.
Beth

Briatha
03-30-2004, 12:16 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/17321-LoveSmilie.gifThanks for the breathtaking array of eye candy everyone!

*Naos*
03-30-2004, 12:29 PM
I'm back! :)

Kim Watanabe
03-30-2004, 12:47 PM
What cute ladybugs!!
And Lori - I really like all the shapes. They are creative and interesting. The whole set looks great.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2004/35615-99pinkandblack.jpg

Toxey's Treasures
03-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Kudos to everyone!! :clap: :clap: Those are outstanding beads.

Booger, you are the only one I am singling out because I love that cross, it is Easter time, and The Passion is out. It all just sort of fits. ;)

mperaza
03-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Juliet - it is three colors which I pulled into a stringer - yellow, orange and red.

Lara - the glass is all lauscha.

My artistic critic has emerged -I'm my worst critic when I make something. I'm not as happy with the beads as I would like to be, but since I got a favorable reaction from you guys, I went ahead and listed them on ebay.

Thanks,
Marilyn

Wire Mania
03-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Kimberly - (One of my favorite bead makers) I Love the pink and black beads and await patiently for my very own set....

donner
03-30-2004, 01:29 PM
Hey Vicki, good to see you posting here!
Love those painted beads, i need to look into that more..I see Thompson Enamels have paint pens to use...? Beadwork has an article on it, I'm gonna investigate...too bad I can't draw...uh oh..

Here's my bright and cheery set, named for a bright and cheery entertainer..

"Elton John"

mtbarr
03-30-2004, 01:31 PM
This website is just so wonderfully full of great ideas. Thank you all for sharing all your beautiful pieces of art... it is so inspirational...
figured it was my turn..
nothing greatly artistic..just a bicone that was a lot of fun to play with and turned out unique... Val's frits..and pink filigrana....

Zooziis
03-30-2004, 01:34 PM
For those who asked (and I guess those that didn't since it's posted here :) ) I made a small bead of Opal yellow, cased with straw yellow, used ocelot spots from Val, then cased all that with Moretti 042, a light pinky color. I'm so glad I finally learned how to encase! Thanks for the compliments and the questions. Great stuff everyone!

toozygoot
03-30-2004, 02:06 PM
Finally got to gazing at all the pics and I think today has just the best mix of colors, styles and designs! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here is a set with two of my very favorite BE colors. It is just so "spring" -y to me!

pat

wildfirelauri
03-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Jim, you have mastered the flame. Love em.
Marilyn, sunflowers look great. KS state flower ya know?
Deborah, love the new look. Hope these do well for you.
Lora, great twistie choice and well executed.
Lori, fun, fresh shapes. WTG!

Thanks for all the good stuff to all.

I posted this earlier in a separate thread. It's my ISGB boro entry.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2004/10074-pmcbracelet.jpg

Wire Mania
03-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi! Donna (Another one of my favorite bead makers!!!!) I LOVE looking at beads one of my favorite past times....Can't wait to start making them....(Someday soon) I have a few bracelets that I am planning on posting tommorrow over in the jewelry forum (I know one has your name on it) I also took pictures of my studio that finally got finished this weekend. My sister is sewing the curtains as I type. Keep up the good work.....

beadreamer
03-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Beautiful work today from everyone as usual!

Here is my contribution...

jennakate
03-30-2004, 03:32 PM
i absolutely love the salmon/olive/tan color combo!!! looks excellent!

DebbieSue
03-30-2004, 09:56 PM
A set of dice and my daughter's Chihuahua Tiki, though husband says it looks like a reindeer... :D

Debbie