PDA

View Full Version : I've been drooling ...

arlene
03-29-2004, 07:23 PM
over all your work. A few years ago i did loomed beading using the japanese seed beads...the name escapes me right now. if i ever have time again :rolleyes: I would love to do somemore.

The piece is approx. 17"long by 8" wide.

Shirley C.
03-29-2004, 07:35 PM
whoa!

gorgeous!!!

DonnaBee
03-29-2004, 07:54 PM
That's so beautiful! I want to touch it! :clap:

Patch
03-29-2004, 08:11 PM
Superb work. :clap: :clap: :clap: Are they Delicas beads?
Patch

Kerensamere
03-29-2004, 08:51 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WOW!

That's stunning!
Tedious and stunning.
Did I mention stunning?

arlene
03-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Thank you Shirley, Donna, Patch and Keren

Are they Delicas beads?
Patch

THAT'S IT!!! LOL

Tedious and stunning.

LOL... this i did for fun. I do colored pencil for "work"...that's usually more then 20 layers of color, etc. Before that I used to do paper sculpture. I guess i'm into tedious ;)

Kerensamere
03-29-2004, 09:30 PM
LOL... this i did for fun. I do colored pencil for "work"...that's usually more then 20 layers of color, etc. Before that I used to do paper sculpture. I guess i'm into tedious ;) (oops! messed up the quote :confused: )

Funny, I used to do paper sculpture too! And people were always commenting on how tedious it looked. But to me, bead weaving still seems sooo tedious, I love the look but don't have the patience to chase down the beads to do that. Not to say that I don't use them in my work, but only one line/strand at a time.

Really nice work! I'd love to see your colored pencil work sometime, I'm sure it's equally stunning.
-Jen

arlene
03-30-2004, 12:52 AM
www.arlenesteinberg.com :D there's my shameless plug!

mistymade
03-30-2004, 01:30 AM
Beautiful!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

lisilk
03-30-2004, 04:49 AM
Arlene,

Those are just stunning ! :clap: :clap: :clap: Perhaps it's time to get back to a little of that sort of work.

I regularly do trades with a friend who makes the most amazing little seed bead pouches and I treasure them but alas..my eyes won't allow that any more.

Thanks for sharing those gems.

Li

artbabe21
03-30-2004, 09:46 AM
but alas..my eyes won't allow that any more.

Beautiful work Arlene!! :clap: Such patience!

I agree lisilk.....we never appreciate doing those intricate things til we can't anymore......I 'used' to bead a lot with seed beads...:)

Blair
03-30-2004, 01:20 PM
That is absolutely gorgeous! Did you design the pattern? I used to weave quite a lot, mostly off-loom work, but ever since I started lampwork I haven't done as much weaving. I may have to start a bit again after this inspiration!

Blair

arlene
03-31-2004, 12:10 AM
thanks misty, cathleen, blair, li.

I wish i had time for them, but for now I have to concentrate on my drawing and I'm not sure my eyes would take it anymore either.

Yes Blair, I designed it myself. I used to be a textile and wallpaper designer, and have in the past designed needlepoint and knit intarsia patterns.

(I'll have to post those too...talk about being totally nuts! I'd have 24 bobbins going across my knitting machine and each would have to be laid across the needles by hand.)

so designing for this was fairly easy. I took weaving in college and hated it...lol...something about threading the warp threads... :rolleyes: i certainly admire those who do it!

beadyeyedgirls
04-02-2004, 12:15 AM
I do colored pencil for "work"...that's usually more then 20 layers of color, etc. ... I guess i'm into tedious ;)

arlene, i just peeked at the home page of your website and my jaw *literally* dropped...your "when time stopped" is unbelievable! that is drawn in pencil?!?!? wow!!! & can i just say...wow!!! the newspaper...the reflection of the flowers...the plate...wow!!!

:clap:

arlene
04-24-2004, 10:15 AM
thanks beady eyed, and I apologize for bringing this up again but wanted to say thanks. I'd been so busy with drawings, I forgot to look here.

Beads-Me!
04-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Beautiful - what alot of work!

gypsysoul
04-24-2004, 10:45 AM
Wow! Truly stunning. :clap:

Paula

AmyK
04-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Arlene,
Your website is just filled with amazing work. I've book marked it so I can purchase some prints later and also I'm forwarding the link to many of my artist friends.....beautiful!

arlene
04-27-2004, 09:36 AM
thanks beads-me...the tying the loose ends was the worst...talk about boring.

does anyone have any suggestions for that?

thanks Paula and Amy

toozygoot
04-27-2004, 03:43 PM
OMG! That is just awesome! I love seeing this type of work and I would love to tackle something like it myself. But it would end up being just another unfinished project like all my counted cross stitch. But I applaud you for this wonderful piece! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now I'm going to check on your other work!

pat

ringslingin
04-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Arlene, I am absolutely stunned with your work! Am honored to have you here among us on the Wearable Art forum. I'm really quite speechless!!! I'd write more but I'm dying to explore your site!

Denise

ringslingin
04-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Arlene, there's no chance you'll trade, is there? Would love to get my hands on the print of the "I found them"/Sumptuios print! I keep losing my marbles, would be lovely in my office.

Denise