PDA

View Full Version : Un-

ZOTMA
03-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Oil on textured panel 14"x11"
(taking a break from bigger canvases looming in the studio, phew)
lemme know whatcha think

somerset
03-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Well. I don't mind fumbling & failing to retrieve just the right phrase or term. Anyone capable of painting a 'mind meld' already knows what I think. A mind meld with the heavens.
Supremo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

VieSaintSo
03-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Un_ beliviebal
Un_ dusrtanding
Un_ friken cool ;)
you can draw, you can spatula,you can texturize........
and you keep over and over blow my mind! :clap:
i am in awe is an under statement.

Sundrop
03-29-2004, 07:38 PM
I have always enjoyed looking at your work.......Superb in all aspects.......

pipicacassosso
03-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Yesssss, superb it is!!

Smileawhyl
03-29-2004, 08:30 PM
. . . and yet

were this larger, say 8' x 6.5'
it would be the most incredible altar
of worship as testament
to the Divine

un-worldly

madrigle
03-29-2004, 09:12 PM
so serene! beautiful!

James

Saiorse
03-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Love this!

Tamana
03-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Archaeological: a ground-breaking through history's earth; a gentle rise, be it in dream, in moment, in thought. The mask breaking away; the sleeper will awake.

It's breathtaking, Karen.

arourapope
03-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Ye got thoughts that yearn to be free, have ye?

I'm loving this tangle of thought and reality, one blending into the other, the lines between a blur. This is a daydream gone wild, breaking free of the bounds, and running, half-hazaard and break-neck through the oggling crowds. You bring it to the viewer in an immediate fashion, and we stand, naked before it.

Gareth
03-30-2004, 05:13 AM
Normally faces in abstracts really turn me off, but this one works fantastically well. What do I think? I think that I'm going to stop typing now so I can go back and look again. Really, really good.

Dahzl
03-30-2004, 05:47 AM
Fragmenting, disintegrating and floating away...........

Excellent Zot !! :clap: :clap:

Simply beautiful !

Cheers Dahzl :D

Gonzalo Golpe
03-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Very interesting the lines into the matter :)
Zalo

TeAnne
03-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Another success :clap: :clap:

heh
03-30-2004, 09:56 AM
deep wounds deep wounds
if one gets kissed many times
they are unwounded and only kissed
which is a nice thing to

ejfarrae
03-30-2004, 01:31 PM
hmmmn, this is an interesting departure.
a tough one to pull off, as i generally agree with gareth re: faces and abstracts.
but i think this works. i love the texture. the spackling definitely adds to the power of the image (which is quite powerful by itself).
the only thing that bothers me are the hatches/gauges. there's something too meditated about them if that makes any sense. maybe because they are so vertical and horizontal? i'm not sure. it just nags at me a little when i'm looking.
still and all i think this is really cool.

Maryem
03-30-2004, 03:40 PM
Stormy seas of the subconscious.........

Mary

muchfoolishness
03-30-2004, 07:10 PM
sits quietly quietly with me
simple absorbtion
a beautiful little painthing

Gar
03-31-2004, 12:40 PM
Scraping the truth out uv yerself. :cool:

ZOTMA
03-31-2004, 07:28 PM
phew, painting until my eyes hurt today;
the AC broke in the house last night, temperatures soaring (this is a freakin death ticket with the desert heat)...then....
RAIN!!!!!! woohooooo, thunderstorms!!!!!! wooohooooooooo
lemme just say it was gettin hot in the studio, too hot

okay, sorry, I'll blame the heat on the brain for randomness. on to the comments;

somerset; aaah mind meld with the heavens, how I dig that! sweet. thanks for the words and the clappies et al.

viesaintso; shucks and thanks. I like the un-fricken cool. I'll grin about your post every time I glance at the title for this piece.

sundrop and pipicacassosso; thanks for seeing and superbing, I appreciate mucho.

smileawhyle: larger ! ! ! yeah, I know what you mean. whenever I resolve to take a breakette and paint a nice small one, I wish it were bigger. I'm always struggling at the beginning of a piece when the idea still floats in the head, which canvas? that one or bigger? or bigger? I think I talked about that with the last piece, the 3'x4' that could have been 4'x5' etc. maybe a variation of this one larger (I have a hard time doing anything twice). though on the bigger canvases, I've totally shyed away from any real texture with fears of cracking/archival integrity. so I like the small panels since I can go hog wild with touchie feelie stuff. alter and divine, how fantastic, thank you.

madrigal, saiorse; thank you very much for taking a look.

tamana; very nice words as always. I like the rising and awakening, yeah. thank you for lending your thoughts.

aurora; yar, yes ye have! daydream gone wild, whatta cool thought. thank you about the immediacy. I wondered what kind of intensity could happen with the eyes closed, they're usually the 'hooks' in a piece with a face, an important player. fun to take em away and try to render what's behind. wondered about the integration (I'll get to that more since gareth n ejfarrae deal with that directly), thanks for the supportive words. I'd like to do more like it, we'll see tho. thanks for looking and saying.

gareth; yeah I'm not sure if it's a line to be crossed or not. I like the idea and then I see the danger. I'm tempted so I might make some uglies coming up, just as a warning. been enjoying blending the realistic with the abstracted though the integration of it can either work or be hideously contrived. gotta love walkin the line. thanks for the really's.

thunderstorms (wooohoooo!) threaten to knock me offline so I'll be back fo the rest....

jnet11
04-01-2004, 12:31 PM
been enjoying blending the realistic with the abstracted though the integration of it can either work or be hideously contrived. gotta love walkin the line.

you walk that line so well.

this un-piece floats behind my eyes now too
one to carry with you.

I like the small canvases, they are intimate and personal, to hold a smallthing in your hands and be so close to it. I understand the allure of massiveness, but love the little poems, too.

ordie4
04-01-2004, 01:47 PM
i've looked at this many times
i'm afraid i don't have any
greatly profound things to
say except i like it a lot, and
keep checking the thread.
i like the texture and i like those
lines within it - i think it frames
face nicely......

anyway, NICE PAINTING

o

outlawed artist
04-01-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm speachless again. (could be lack of intellegence on my part, hoping its just your that good) :clap: :clap: :clap:

arourapope
04-01-2004, 04:52 PM
gareth; yeah I'm not sure if it's a line to be crossed or not. I like the idea and then I see the danger. I'm tempted so I might make some uglies coming up, just as a warning. been enjoying blending the realistic with the abstracted though the integration of it can either work or be hideously contrived. gotta love walkin the line. thanks for the really's.

thunderstorms (wooohoooo!) threaten to knock me offline so I'll be back fo the rest....

Yes, that is hard to do! But I think you've found a successful path in between. I'm curious to see where you go from here with this technique.

Bisco
04-01-2004, 07:14 PM
child fragmented
loose ends .. future loom
crushed just before...

ZOTMA
04-02-2004, 06:50 PM
oi
took me a while to get back
it's still raining and thundering (yippee)
where was i........

Dahzl, GPG, TeAnne; thank you for your views, clappies and smilies. glad you're diggin the work.

heh; wounds and kisses, do they really make it all better?

ejfarrae; always departing :D. as you prolly recall, I am a face glutton. it's been a long while since I've done one overtly (tho they sneak in sometimes). I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't suppress what I saw in this one. so that leads to the 'meditated' (which is ironic) part; I know what you're saying. the molding paste goes on, I have my fun with that and then the painting comes afterwards. the vision for the piece unfolded but had to be 'painted in' you know? there's definitely a control and tightness that is not in keeping with the inherent flow of the texture. I've also been indulging in some geometry lately and that's been bleeding over into more organic pieces, perhaps a bit disharmoniously. I appreciate your crit, it'll effect the way I look at ones to come. thanksamucho.

maryem; yes indeed, thanks for looking.

muchfoolishness; quietly quietly like one thought sitting simply absorbing, yessssah. thankyou

gar; woohooo, yeah. well put. :D

jnet; the side of me that always wanted to be a tightrope walker in the circus enjoys hearing that. I love doing small canvases, like you said, a poem (instead of what seems like a novel often). just seems like when I'm done I wish they were bigga.

ordie4; I'm just glad you kept coming back, needn't have anything to say. thanks about the lines, a vote each way, we'll see what happens to the next piece. thanks for the comments.

outlawed artist; hee hee, hope it's the latter. thanks mucho.

aurora; thanks my fellow 'oh there's a line there?' , 'was I not supposed to cross that?' line dancin buddy (ew and I don't mean the country variety). this is just an extension of what started with the 'field' series and continued with the 'haiku' series; working with the texture around the vision (all the panels pretty much started out the same for all series). we'll see.....

bisco; loose ends of the childs fragmented brain hairs desiring freedom. what looms and crushes one wonders.

thanks for all

surreal
04-03-2004, 01:03 AM
I love it, Zot.
:D