PDA

View Full Version : At a loss.

Kimberly Affleck
03-29-2004, 11:40 AM
I didn't know where to put this, so put it in the showcase.
Anyone have any idea why this doesn't have a bid? I just don't know! :confused: Did I price it too high? I will take any advise or hints you might have. Thanks!

rhapsodyfirebeads
03-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Hi Kimberly! I don't think they are priced too high at all!! They are very pretty and a nicely put together set. I am probably gonna get some flack here by saying this, but I don't think buyers like Lentils all that well. Just my observation. Don't take my head off. I'd take a round bead over a lentil anytime.
~Suzy~

StefaniBeads
03-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Noooo way is that priced too high! Man, if I wasn't so broke buying my whole studio (just about!) I would bid on them myself! These are my kind of beads!

I think you are probably going to get bids in the last minutes! :)

Alan Cross
03-29-2004, 11:57 AM
I think the beads are very nicly made but I also don't like that shape...I dont' think the price is to high...
Alan :)

Orca
03-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Nope, not overpriced. Lots of beads for the moolah! And they're gorgeous. I myself am waiting for another set of the little natural colored dot beads like the set that ended Friday.
I was outbid.......I fell asleep......aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!

emeraldart
03-29-2004, 12:09 PM
As a seller I am finding the lentils are just not selling that well - I find if I put equal number lentils and rounds in a mixed set with spacers they sell very well so that is now my stategy
Don't know if it would work for you but If you could add 4 to 6 rounds in that Pink and Purple it would probably sell right away - Maybe they need the rounds to mix with the lentils in the design - How do I know???

GinaJ
03-29-2004, 12:18 PM
I think they are beautiful, and definitely not overpriced. I think that if we started a thread called "Why Didn't This Sell?", we would have pictures of some of the most amazing stuff off of eBay..... :confused:

Kimberly Affleck
03-29-2004, 12:22 PM
I think they are beautiful, and definitely not overpriced. I think that if we started a thread called "Why Didn't This Sell?", we would have pictures of some of the most amazing stuff off of eBay..... :confused:

Boy, isn't that the truth!

Thank you all! This is exactly the kind of thing I needed to hear. I will definitely add some rounds to this set if it doesn't sell. I guess I like the lentil shape, but I know many people don't I would never bite anyone's head off for stating their likes or dislikes. If we all liked the same thing, beads would be so boring!!

DebbieSue
03-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Absolutely gorgeous beads! DEFINITELY not too high a price!

Debbie

AlexM
03-29-2004, 12:29 PM
I was admiring this STUNNING set earlier. I would have bid on it if I wasn't short of extra money.

Lampburke
03-29-2004, 12:32 PM
I agree, I think that the beads are lovely but that the lentil craze is over, thank gawd.

Kimberly Affleck
03-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Wow! You all must have been sending these beads some good vibes, because they have a bid!!! :clap: :clap: I am delighted! I was really worried! Thank you!

Kimberly Affleck
03-29-2004, 12:37 PM
I agree, I think that the beads are lovely but that the lentil craze is over, thank gawd.

I hope it isn't totally over, as I have some designs in mind that would be nice in lentils. But, I have lately been really thinking about some more rounds and other shapes that I have missed making!

StefaniBeads
03-29-2004, 12:44 PM
I hope the lentil craze isn't over, I just ordered a CBS! But I do have some design ideas, organic types, like my mock turquoise beads. I still think the larger shapes make great focals.

emeraldart
03-29-2004, 12:53 PM
I am not sure if the "craze" is over or if there are alot of lentils out there now.
I think the lentils will be here to stay as apart but not all of what people are doing. Having the tool is not bad - Just maybe not as big a deal as it was a few months ago
I use my larger lentil maker to make the base for a lot of other beads and don't necessarily worry that is a lentil just a nicer shaped bead than the flattened tab I used to make to put a palm tree or a frog on.

emeraldart
03-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Glad you got a bid - Now maybe someone will bid on my "Frog Prince " He only as a couple hours and not a bid.
Those things have been selling like crazy - wonder if Pink isn't a good color this week?

Sassyglassgal
03-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Kim, I never understand ebay myself, I am fairly new to WC, and I met you in Wash at the Corina class. I made you the purse, anyway.....your beads are awesome, I think my problem is my pics, but I am pic challenged, I have 3 beads sets on ebay right now and no bids, they are all boro, I just won a ribbon for one of them at Delphi, so I am depressed on my end as well. Oops...I see you got a bid, good for you. Good luck. And keep making your beads, I think they're are just as many people who like round as lentil.

Kimberly Affleck
03-29-2004, 03:07 PM
Debbie! Hi! You know, I take that purse with me everywhere! I love it! I don't put anything in it, just take it to show to people. Your card has been passed around A LOT! I think I'll see if I can get a good photo of it and put it up on WC!
I am photo challenged, too. Some days, I do pretty well, other days, not so well. A good photo seems to make all of the difference!
Ebay is a twitchy bird. Never know what is going to happen.
What is you ebay seller's id? I want to see what you have up there! Or, better yet, put your ebay auctions in your signature!

meh2purple
03-29-2004, 03:16 PM
I think they are very beautiful, and definitely NOT over priced!! Yippeee that you got a bid. Hopefully you will get some more last minute bids.

My auctions have been going that way too. I don't get any bids in the beginning...and then 'wham'... I get hit with last minute bids!

Good luck!! :)
Mary

Hal
03-29-2004, 03:19 PM
I have two auctions going. I got one bid on each of them in the first day and then nothing. I hope you are right and the real work starts just before close.

Good luck everyone on their auctions!

Hal

kwstudios
03-29-2004, 03:30 PM
No, they are definitely not overpriced. At $40 I think that they are below a wholesale price.

Today there are over 4000 lampwork bead items for sale, and many lentils. That's what the problem is - not the quality or the price - just the simple economics of supply and demand.

I think that ebay sales are in a slight lull right now, or that is my perception. What do you think?

Karen

Patricia'sglass
03-29-2004, 06:06 PM
I still LOVE lentil beads as well as all other shapes. And that set is GORGEOUS!! It is perfect in every way---IMHO. :D
Pattym

Jamn!
03-29-2004, 06:53 PM
I am glad that you got a bid!! :) but tell me how did ya get 650 something or so people look at that gorgeous set and have to wait til the last minute for a bid???? That is nerve wracking!!

lunamoonshadow
03-29-2004, 07:34 PM
I don't think anything is really selling on eBay right now...not like it was a few months ago...
I know at least 4 people who've lost their jobs (me included) in the last 4 weeks....which is why I'm bidding on very little (unemployment in maine is dismal) and these are people with GOOD jobs, & decent amounts of time in @ those jobs--who've been downsized, laid off, positions eliminated, etc...
I know people who are still working who are frantically saving "just in case" it happens to them too...

OH, and those beads were GORGEOUS AND I still ADORE lentils! they make the best tassle focals, & the nicest bracelet beads!

--Lyn

Patricia'sglass
03-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Lyn,
I am so sorry that you lost your job!! What did you do? What are your plans?
Pattym

thatgirl
03-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi Kim,

Firstly, don't even TRY to figure out the 'logic' that is eBay.. that's an oxymoron in itself! I can never tell from one week to the next what will sell and what won't. I can tell you this however, they are GORGEOUS beads! Don't take it to heart.. it's easy to do that.. I know, I do it ALL THE TIME when my beads don't sell, but as many others before me have said, eBay is a fickle creature.

I don't necessarily agree with others opinions that lentils aren't that popular, I have some buyers that ONLY buy lentils - quite a few actually, and many of my custom ordered sets are lentils. I personally LOVE wearing jewelry made with lentil shaped beads, they are so much more comfortable to wear, IMHO.

Cheers,
Sue :cat:

Lara
03-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Ok I think they went for way less than they are worth, darn it for you. I LOVE those beads. Everything I have put up that is pink has sold lately.

I was going to say that they don't have a bid cause you are mailing them to my house, but since they got a bid.... darn it. Very pretty.

Lara

Jamn!
03-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Yup I ditto the "they went for less than they were worth" $2.00 is not enough per bead! I really like the etched beads in there. They are so dreamy looking!
Sorry!

nilaya
03-29-2004, 11:48 PM
I LOVE those beads kimberly..as they are..lentil shaped. :) Ebay is just a funny creature i think..just gotta ride the waves and hope for the best. Sometimes a set can sit there all week with seemingly no interest and then at the last minute..bamn..it gets a flurry of bids. I just had a set finish where axactly that happened. I was getting ready to pull it and maybe re-list it at a better time..but it got noticed in the end. :)

I really hope the lentil craze isnt dead :confused: because i just got my CBS and I worked out how to do the neat bead cappy thing with them..lol. I still think you can't go wrong with round though..theres something appealing to the human brain about round objects..companys who make things are always trying to make them "rounder" for just that reason (applicances..cars..etc)
If only this phenonomen applied to my butt... :rolleyes:

Lorretta :)