PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Monday S&T

kybeadmaker
03-29-2004, 01:07 AM
Well it's 1 am here and raining. I'm driving to St Louis in the morning (about a 4 hour road trip) to see that younger man I'm in love with....my grandson who is now 3 weeks old :) Here are a few beads that the bead fairy graced me with last night...she's been an elusive gal recently !!!..and a picture of the little guy !
Happy

Lori Peterson
03-29-2004, 01:10 AM
Hi Harriet!
Beautiful beads & even more beautiful baby boy!!! I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since he was born. What an angel. :angel:

Briatha
03-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Harriet scrumptious set! Your little guy is adorable and looks so peaceful :angel:

Piroutte Lentils :D (Honest one of these days I will do something else...well maybe LOL)

bluelizzy
03-29-2004, 01:25 AM
Harriet, your beads are beautiful as always and your little man is such a doll. Babies are so wonderful.
Faith, the lentils are terrific.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with tiny beads? I've had a couple of customers ask for very small beads lately, so I've been working on some. I'm calling them Micro Mini's. I don't make jewelry so I'm at a loss, what does one do with such itty bitty beads?

Emily NZ
03-29-2004, 02:11 AM
Oooh beautiful beads and baby, two of my favorite things!
speaking of babies, I made a baby dragon. boro. about 2" x 2". hangs by the wing tips.
Emily

Josie
03-29-2004, 02:16 AM
Beautiful beadies everyone but nothing beats the little angel! He's beautiful!

Here's my happy beads for the day.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2004/13004-MVC-001F.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2004/13004-MVC-008F.JPG

Tracey

Lisa Jordan
03-29-2004, 02:24 AM
Harriet, I think the bead AND Grandbaby Fairy made a stop in your neck of the woods. Both are beautiful!
Faith, pretty colors
Tracy, itsy bitsy, how do you do it???!!
Emily, cooool dragon!
Tracey, what fun lentils, "Happy Beads" is the perfect name!!
Gee..after those pretty bright colors...well..here are a few of mine anyway...

Jacinthe
03-29-2004, 03:48 AM
Harriet - Your grandson is adoreable and your beads are lickable!
Faith - Yummy scrumptious lentils!
Tracy - Itty bitty beads. That they are, I've found myself likeing smaller beads when I put them in bracelets, they seem to sit nicer and don't get caught on things as easily, and also people who like dangle earrings, but don't want them pulling their earlobes to their shoulders could use them. Adorebale sets you have there!
Emily - That is one adoreable baby dragon!
Tracey - Yummy bright spring and summer coloured lentils! Delish!
Lisa - very unique first bead, the second one is very pretty, I love the organic feel of it.

Anyways here are mine from last night! Not as many as saturday night, but thats cause I had less hours and was more in a sculptural mood.

First I started with Lapis and white, made a small set, and then a pink small set, then the HUGE bicone, its over 2 inches. And finally I made a sheep. My ode to Nikki (NLC) also inspired by Aladdin, my kids have been watching the video all weekend. Its the Genie Sheep! Thanks Nikki for the inspiration and the tutorial beads that kept me on the straight and narrow. :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2004/20424-29mar1.jpg
I made a bunny rabbit for the challenge, but since I can't post it yet, well hmm... you'll just have to imagine a bunny picture here. ;) It'm rather proud of the little guy!

My duckie in its egg:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2004/20424-29mar3.jpg

Also for Karin's Male anatomy thread I made a bead, but I'll post that in the Male Anatomy thread. :evil:

Hugs from Bouncy 'I'm gonna meet Mike Frantz on Friday' Holland,
Sarah

double S
03-29-2004, 06:36 AM
wonderful beads everyone and a beautiful baby boy :)
Here are some I made with Uranium yellow pastel, not a good picture for color and my husbands first bead :clap:
Lisa S

nursekatie
03-29-2004, 07:22 AM
Harriet......he is just beautiful!!!....really...beautiful!! (so are your beads!!)

Ok.....behind the power curve...so forgive me for just saying...great work all!!

I had little time on the torch yesterday...............but here are a few that were fun...........the dots are from my working on Cornias challenge....I didn't enter them.....but they are fun and you only saw them in the background before...so figures since I didn't have much to show....I would add them!!

Ok...flame on..........gotta get to work!!

Amozoo
03-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Harriet! Beautiful baby! wow. My son, Aaron, finally, after 2.5 year engagement, set a date!!! Sept 4th..
Emily, love the dragon.
Love everyones beads too.
Well, after the International Lampwokers Confrence, I was inspired to have a go at a blown sculputre, here is my small fish in seaweed.

CorvetteJuliet
03-29-2004, 08:45 AM
Harriet, Beautiful peaceful baby! Nice Beads too. :)
Briatha - Is that Val's Tutti Frutti Frit? Love the colors.
BlueLizzy - Wow, those are teeny tiny. Fabulous! What size mandrel?
Emily - That dragon is so adorable. The colors are great.
Tracey - Happy Happy Happy colors! Like spring.
Lisa - That bicone is georgous! Wow!
Jacinthe - The sheep is adorable. Rhe duck in the egg is amazing! :cool:
Lisa, I love the colors. Is the purple or white the uranium yellow and who makes it? (Sorry, my newbie status is showing.) :p
Katie - I like the bottom bead the best. It's reminiscent of the Jetsons. :D
Amoret - Cool fish. It looks like it's Hungry!

Linnea
03-29-2004, 09:50 AM
Great beads on this rainy monday,, Beautiful baby too !!!
Here are mine for today

Toxey's Treasures
03-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Wonderful show and tell ya'll. I am drooling.

I love all of the beads and sculptures, they are just wonderful.

Harriet, that baby is to die for. I know you are anxious to see him.

Jamn!
03-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Harriet I just love the colors that you use in your beads! They are so dreamy! That baby is so adoreable!! Enjoy him every second. They grow so fast!
That pic reminds me of the first one I put in below. When I found my camera this last week this is what I found... hmmm whose feet are they?? The one who ran off with the camera!! I would say he's busted!!!

Faith Those are really pretty lentils
Tracey If you don't know what to do with them send them over here!! :) They are cool. I love tiny beads!
Emily I am not sure if cute is what you wanted but he's cute! :)
Josie I like the happy colors!
Lisa Those are really incredible. I love the bottom one!
Sarah That chicken wants out!! The sheep is adorable!
Lisa Very nice! Oh no don't let him touch the torch!! :) You will get no torch time!! hehehe
Katie Lovely beads!
Amoret The fish is very nice!! He looks lifelike!
Cathie! Nice sets some day I will have to make myself do sets... lol

Here are a couple I got out this am. Disregard any bead release you see..

DebbieSue
03-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Gorgeous beads by everyone and a beautiful little angel too! :clap:

Debbie

Moth
03-29-2004, 10:07 AM
:p :D :D Heidi!!
Those are the most realistic 'foot beads' I have ever seen! Care to share your technique?

~~Mary

papiermoonglass
03-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Actually not raining here today :D although it does look a little overcast outside. I am running way late so only had a chance to glance down the page, but even a glance was enough to see some awesome stuff! I'll be back later for a much closer look :D I just had to post a set Amy and I did over the weekend, Amy did 3 buttons for the set and they are amazing, so I couldn't wait to post them...

Thom

Hope I'm not too much of a thread hoggy, I'm including a close-up too...

Briatha
03-29-2004, 10:26 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/17321-LoveSmilie.gifMouthwatering eye candy everyone!

Briatha - Is that Val's Tutti Frutti Frit? Love the colors.

Thanks Julie! It's Opal Yellow, Streaky Pink, Pale Lavender, and Rubino (something reacted together to get a touch of Olive) over White.

BioImage
03-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Looks like everyone had some good torch time over the weekend. I got in a little bit myself and have continued to play around the the sharktooth pendant shape. Fun stuff.

Robert

Lara
03-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone, lovely beads today as usual. Just a quick drive by post from me. I have to get to work. Stupid work!

Here is a bead I made with silver pink and intese black. I got some pink/coral color and a little yellow, not much though.

Lara

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2004/10029-sleeksp1.jpg

blissfulgardenbeads
03-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Wow, beautiful beads!

Hariet- Great colors as always, adorable baby
Tracy- those are so cute
Faith- Very nice
Josie- I love the bright colors, nice mix, definately happy beads
Sarah- The duck is too cute
Lisa- He is off to a great start, looking good
Katie- The red is gorgeous, very rich looking
Amoret- wow
Cathie- Beautiful, favborite is the bottom set
Heidi- very pretty, great colors
Thom- Love them

Here is mine, wasn't sure if I was going to like them when I started, but finally got the color I was trying for. Have a great day! Heather

swamperfolk
03-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Argh.... I love everyone's beads. Now some I can't get off the mandrel......
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/swamper/Beads142.jpg

happylsds
03-29-2004, 11:53 AM
Wonderful beads everyone! I will try and comment on everyone - sorry in advance if I leave anyone out!

Harriet - great colors in your beads - and BEAUTIFUL baby!
Faith - lovely spring colors!
Tracy - what teeny tiny beads - I usually make pretty large honkers, I can't imagine working that small!
Emily - gorgeous dragon!
Tracey - great lentils, they make me smile!
Lisa - beautiful organics!
Sarah - pretty beads!
Lisa - great colors for spring
Katie - I love the different shapes! I really like the color of the red one!
Amoret - nice fish!
Cathie - I love your ladybugs!
Heidi - I love your focal!
Thom - Amy's beads are bright and sunny - justy like our day today!
Robert - nice shape - I love teh one with copper green!
Lara - beautiful bead!
Heather - lovely set!
Linda - nice beads, sometimes if you leave them alone for a few days they will give up and let go of the mandrel.

Here's a few cocktail forks I have been playing with

jennakate
03-29-2004, 02:04 PM
hi... beautiful work everyone! i have finally got around to scanning some of my newbie work so i will be brave and post it here. so this stuff is not all that new. be gentle, but critique is appreciated.

Lori Peterson
03-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Harriet - I had to come back for a second look. *swoon*sigh*
Faith - don't stop lentillizing! Yum!
Tracy - I think those would be PERFECT for amazing charm or fringe bracelets!
Emily - incredible dragon!
Tracey - Those are soooooo happy & fabulous!
Lisa - so beauteous & such perfect shaping on that bicone. Sublime.
Sarah - cute beads!
Lisa - great colors & :clap: for hubby!
Katie - That steel blue number is so awesome!
Amoret - OMG, the fish!
Cathie - I love the lentilladybugs!
Heidi - bumpies & bicones & feet! Oh my! They are all great!
Thom - LOVE THOSE BUTTONS!
Robert - those are cool!
Lara - Oh man, I love that bead!
Heather - Your beads are always so beautiful.
Linda - don't give up, they will come off! So pretty.
Laura - very pretty forks and way cool idea!
Here are mine for the day - two orange and pink buttons
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2004/12192-032704orangepink1.jpg

kwstudios
03-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Can anyone tell me what the deal is with tiny beads? I've had a couple of customers ask for very small beads lately, so I've been working on some. I'm calling them Micro Mini's. I don't make jewelry so I'm at a loss, what does one do with such itty bitty beads?

I have concluded that people do the same thing with the smaller beads as they do the larger beads ........ love on 'em !!

sgraphics
03-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Gorgeous beads today! But I think Harriet's grandbaby outdoes us all!

Showing this one for 2 reasons:
1. the best triangle I've ever done
2. You notice something missing on the mandrel? (bead release)

As I was encasing this, it broke loose and I was able to finish it and it's still just sliding all over the place.
I almost didn't try to finish it but what the heck! So glad I did.

calisto
03-29-2004, 03:41 PM
wonderful beads on this sunny but really cold monday here in Munich,

an here are some of my beads from the weekend

Chiavari
03-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Beautiful stuff over the weekend!!
Angelika - can you tell me what that beautiful purple/violet (I still don't know my colors.. ;) ) is? I must have it!
Thanks!
Nannette

calisto
03-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Hi Nanette,

that purple is Dark lavender from Moretti, a spezial color, that you can get from Frantz.
Dark lavender changes the color, depending from the different light, foto is made in natural color

BeadBraker
03-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Lovely stunning work everyone! Always a pleasure to view the work and all the newbie stuff too! I love newbie stuff because watching the joy of beginning a love of glass is great.

Harriett, your baby boy is such a blessing! All children should be celebrated! May he bring great joy to your family!

Nancy Braker in IL

ritabead
03-30-2004, 10:55 AM
No beads today. But I fell in love with Harriet's little grandson so here is my interpretation of him for her. Rita :)

nursekatie
03-30-2004, 11:44 AM
Rita....how sweet!! You are so creative.......he looks even more adorable and I didn't think that was possible!!

Toxey's Treasures
03-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Hi Rita, it's Mitchelle (Michelle), and I am from Mc Calla. My first thoughts of seeing where you were from was, "Oh no, not another one inthe area," but that lasted only a second. Your work is great. It is wonderful. I bet you have been doing this for years. I think it is nice that I know know 4 including you that lampwork. Maybe we could get together sometime this Summer.

Did you make the cane beads on your site, or did you buy them?

kybeadmaker
03-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Oh Rita how neat !!!!!!!! I just copied off your picture for Harrison's mom and I'm gonna run downstairs (well not really run, I AM old, ya know) and show it to her ! You are so creative ...thanks !
Harriet

snootyvixen
03-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Beautiful, Rita, just beautiful!

Vikki

Jennifree
03-30-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh Harriet! What a beautiful baby. I just love those sleeping newborn pictures. I think it was a picture like that in a magazine that is responsible for the conception of my 3rd child. ;-)