PDA

View Full Version : Post your Tone on Tone Beads / Mostly White Beads Please

CorvetteJuliet
03-28-2004, 09:56 PM
I've been searching the archives (and going down these wonderfully tasty tangents) looking for examples of white and tone on tone beads and rosary beads (found about 5 rosary bead sets in threads). I'm not quite sure what is do-able and what the visual effect might be. My daughter's First Communion is coming up in a month and I want to make her a set of mostly white rosary beads. I guess I need some ideas or visual examples to get me going here if any of you would be so kind as to indulge me. :) I'm a beginner on a Hot Head and have a few rods of beige and white Moretti glass, and of course clear too. Thanks. ~Juliet

GinaJ
03-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Sorry, my picture isn't too great, but maybe it will help you out some...

KetchikanSculptor
03-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Sorry, my picture isn't too great, but maybe it will help you out some...

Hi Gina! Look at those beads! Beautiful monochromatic!

Barrie
03-29-2004, 11:24 PM
White on white is my ultrafavorite combo!! This is a bracelet a customer of mine made for me with my white & clear beads - it's my favorite, and I absolutely love it!!

CorvetteJuliet
03-30-2004, 01:26 AM
Oh wow! Those are beautiful. I didn't realize you could get that much contrast by using clear with the white together. Gina yours look so crisp and clean and pure and elegant! :) Barrie, your bracelet is awesome. The subtle color in the crystals really sets it off nicely with the silver. Twist my arm, but I'll have to swing by the LBS to see what kind of crystals I can find there. :p Good thing I was practicing stringer swirlies on the beads tonight... I'm going to have to do a LOT more practice too! ;) Thanks for sharing the photos! ~Juliet

stxbeads
03-30-2004, 06:33 AM
Beautiful beads everyone.....

...here's my first attempt at shades of pale....

toozygoot
03-30-2004, 07:48 AM
BrendaJ made me a gorgeous bead that was clear with white plunged dot flowers. Just so pretty! This doesn't show how crystal clear the bead is and the depth of the flower. But I think it would be nice for what you are doing just like all the others shown here are gorgeous too!

pat

Alan Cross
03-30-2004, 01:42 PM
This is one I just made its a choker
Alan :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2004/13186-Chocker1a.jpg

Ignuss-Fatuus
03-30-2004, 03:16 PM
A while back corina did a Clear challenge
http://www.interisland.net/corina/html/Februarychallenge.htm
great ideas there as well...can translate to clear and white easily.

CorvetteJuliet
03-30-2004, 03:47 PM
stxbeads - Very simple and elegant. :) I like, I like, I might even be able to do. :D
Pat - Thanks for sharing Brenda's encased floral. The dots are so prefectly placed! :)
Alan - Beautiful piece! I'm usually not a silver person (I turn green when I wear it) but I really love the look of it with the white beads! I don't know if my daughter has the same allergy as me or not, but either way it ought to be OK for Rosary beads. ;)
Ignuss-Fatus - Holy Cow! There goes the afternoon surfing (so much for finishing up this report). :D Those clear only beads are amazing. Thanks for the link. Serious eye-candy!

~Juliet

3SistersBeads
03-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Hey Juliet!

I do handmade decade rosaries. I use bought beads and a handmade lampwork center.

There are lots of pictures on my website (link below) if you want to check them out!

The little girls in my rosary workshops love the hot pink crackle beads. What a hoot!

I'd love to see pictures when you're done!

Blessings,
Leslie

CorvetteJuliet
03-31-2004, 11:25 PM
Leslie, I just visited your website. Wow! Those are beautiful rosaries! And I can definately see where the kids will gravitate towards the bright colors. :D (The germs cracked me up BTW). I never knew there were different types of rosaries! I'll be sure to post pictures once I've got the beads made. :) I've got 5 weeks till Alexanna's First Communion. ~Juliet