PDA

View Full Version : Stained Glass Bench

tehale
03-28-2004, 02:41 PM
I've been meaning to post this for some time. My mom is fascinated by the beadmaking process and claims she has "no talent along those lines." Well, I'm here to prove that an untrue statement. Here's a shot of my stained glass bench she made for my last birthday.

It's kind of hard to tell from this picture (especially since I cropped out my sad little flower bed) but the bench is about 3.5 feet wide and has about 1400 pieces. Hmmm...just imagine if she had talent! :p

beachbeads
03-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Wow!!! Sure nice to be seeing different types of glass lately, that is beautiful.

!Karen
03-28-2004, 03:18 PM
That is one nice piece of work!! No talent huh? Yea, snort, right!! I could only wish for talent like that!

Beautiful!!

:)Karen

Briatha
03-28-2004, 04:07 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Aug-2003/12438-jawdrop.gif*THUD*

No talent???? Your bench is glorious!!!!

marjoriel
03-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Terry - tell her it's wonderful. If she ever wants to try out her "no talent" again, she can make one for me!!!
Marjorie

DebbieSue
03-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Wow! What a unique piece to be able to have in your yard. Great work! :D

Debbie

Charlee
03-28-2004, 07:41 PM
I would LOVE to have such little talent! Tell your mom she has a large fan base here on WC. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Charlee

Virginia L.
03-28-2004, 08:31 PM
WOW, I don't know who convinced her of her having no talent, and I don't know why people do that to other people, but please print this out when it is finished and tell her I have made my living as an artist for 36 years and I know artistic talent when I see it....That is beautiful and totally artistic - God Bless - Virginia L. (EVEN IF SHE FOLLOWED A PAtTERN!!!)

midniteburner
03-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Terry,

You go tell your mom she is full of $hit!!! LOL!!! Ok, just joking :evil:

That bench was a tremendous amount of work!!! She did a fantastic job!!! I sure hope she continues. Beadmaking will just be a natural progression for her, as it was for many of us.

Sara

tehale
03-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks for all the kind words, folks! I'll be sure to pass them on to her. She's actually quite talented at anything she puts her mind to. (I'm the apple that fell far from the tree, rolled down the hill and took up with the zinnias.)

Hey, Marjorie...I have a feeling she's already got something in mind for ya'!

snooze
03-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Gosh I wish I was as untalented as your mom!! That is beautiful!! I can't imagine cutting all those perfect little pieces. She is one amazing mom, and you are sure a lucky daughter to get such a beautiful gift from her :clap:

aimee
03-28-2004, 09:34 PM
That is beautiful!!!!

I've made the stepping stones like that before but I couldn't imagine doing something as big as that. WOW!!!

marjoriel
03-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Thanks for all the kind words, folks! I'll be sure to pass them on to her. She's actually quite talented at anything she puts her mind to. (I'm the apple that fell far from the tree, rolled down the hill and took up with the zinnias.)

Hey, Marjorie...I have a feeling she's already got something in mind for ya'!

Terry is such a fibber - after a mere two days of instruction, she was making amazing beads and has continued to grow in leaps and bounds - she could probably make beads that look like those zinnias she claims were at the bottom of the hill.

And, Terry, I'll be sending you home on Sunday with a handful of beads for your Mom to play with - I know she'll create something gorgeous from them.

Marjorie

Kalera
03-28-2004, 09:49 PM
That is stunning! "No talent"? BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Right. Also, my grampa is President and there are flying monkeys staffing every Krispy Kreme.

tehale
03-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Aw, shucks, Marjorie...thanks. Just don't tell anyone that, after 3 months away from making beads I sat down at the torch today and tried to set my underwear on fire! :rolleyes:

Mom would LOVE some of your beads! That's so sweet of you! She has been trying to figure out how to incorporate some into the lamps she makes. Between burns and aloe vera applications today, I was working on a purple set of beads for her.

saucy
03-29-2004, 05:27 AM
Where you recently in one of the stained glass newsletters? That bench looks so familiar and very nice. Great job!

tehale
03-29-2004, 07:26 AM
No, Saucy, no newsletters here. That design is fairly popular with the few who dare tackle it, so someone else may have submitted it. Mom made several changes to the pattern and did some very cool shading that makes it very rich.

Next time I'm at her place, I'll try to take pictures of the stained glass carousel she made and post some here.

Virginia L.
03-29-2004, 02:32 PM
No, Saucy, no newsletters here. That design is fairly popular with the few who dare tackle it, so someone else may have submitted it. Mom made several changes to the pattern and did some very cool shading that makes it very rich.

Next time I'm at her place, I'll try to take pictures of the stained glass carousel she made and post some here.

PLEASE DO!!! By the time we go nuts over that, maybe she will stop calling her self untalented, she is sooooooooo Talented - God Bless - Virginia L.