PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Jealousy

madrigle
03-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Hi, just wanted to offer up what I've been working on for awhile now. I've taken a gazillion images of this but none of the gold leaf appears in any of the shots. I'm trying to explore my feelings of jealousy in this piece. Hopefully the image loads faster on your computer then it does on mine.

:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2004/39777-Jealousy_for_wc.jpg

Tamana
03-28-2004, 10:52 AM
o O The dangerous fire of possession and ownership vs. the frightening beauty of passion.

I can only imagine what this must look like. Listen, leaf and metallics are the most diffidult to photograph and I don't think their beauty can be captured on film, but, we get the idea through this rendering and your explanation.

This is definitely heated; nothing at all like what I expected, which was, of course, green...this exceeds that into something more dangerous; a self-destruction: internally combustable to the point of something not returning.

You should check out mame's work if you work heavily in leaf.

Smileawhyl
03-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Very compelling image. It would be interesting to see how you have incorporated the gold leaf, but as it standings I get a vivid feeling for the title!

arourapope
03-29-2004, 01:27 PM
I've been quietly lurking on your threads this weekend because I haven't had time to post till now, but I've been drooling while lurking. These are very compelling; your reds are fantastic, and I find your work quite powerful. I hope you post more!

madrigle
03-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Thanks y'all. i did a lot more work on this saturday and sunday. I'll have to get off my keester and post some updates.

James

Saiorse
03-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi James
Reminds me of a jealous rage, like in Fatal Attraction.....
Very Cool

madrigle
04-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Hi, I took some better pictures today. Still not great. Thanks for the input. Yeah, I love my partner dearly. I don't love that our relationship has made me realize how jealous I can get. It's a really difficult emotion for me to deal with. Working through this painting and lots of prayer have helped.

James

Tamana
04-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Bubble bubble toil and trouble
when the blood to stirring goes...

Smileawhyl
04-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Now you're talking! The vision has a white hot throat!

madrigle
04-12-2004, 10:34 PM
oooooo! Love the bubble bubble reference! sooooooo appropriate for what I feel, yeah, that top section is getting very white hot :) I have a friend who is studying to be an art therapist, she says it's interesting that the top part is 'prettier' cause I don't let my partner know about my jealous feelings and present a pretty face for him. I'm sooooooo close to being done. I don't want to over work it.

James

jenna_searcher
04-12-2004, 10:38 PM
hot.
red emotive.
this is success.
:)

Michael-Ann
04-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Ewwww your good! Blister, festering, burning, eating-away-jealousy-red-hot-fire-anger evoking...looking through a window analyzing these raw manifestations. Nice work!

madrigle
11-21-2005, 10:38 PM
I never was happy with the composition of this piece so I reworked it and reworked it, and reworked it. Finally, I can call it done. It's a fav now. I finally got a ok shot of it, but there is still a lot more layering and depth going on in the reds. So hard to catch the nuances of color on film. When My sister-in-law saw this piece she said, "Oh, is that Hell?" I said, "No, it's passion consumed by jealousy." She said, "Yep. That's Hell." :) I'm glad I'm not in the position to feel those feelings any longer.

James

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2005/39777-Passion_Consumed_by_Jealousy_November_2005_for_web.jpg