PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 3/28 S&T or - News that is Fit to Spit

Jiley
03-28-2004, 03:21 AM
So am I the only one up at this hour??? uuuuwhoooo????
Hmmm everyone must be sleeping ~ I will whisper and tiptoe...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2004/10090-6a.jpg

Beadarella
03-28-2004, 03:38 AM
Hey Jiley,

Very nice beads!!

You woke me up :) but since I'm here....look what I made for my sister's birthday. Shhh...she hasn't seen it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2004/13118-Tammys_bracelet_4.jpg

Going back to bed now....Tara :)

Briatha
03-28-2004, 03:49 AM
Jiley yummy set!
Tara stunning bracelet! Your sister is gonna love it :D

Lavender Neshwan Lentils ;)

Jacinthe
03-28-2004, 04:46 AM
Dang nabbit you three, you beat me to it, I got my groove back and I was hurrying at scanning my beads and all. But well these are some gorgeous beads to follow! Awesome work!

Jiley - those purples and greens are FAB!
Tara - Bright Happy colours! Woo woo! Will you be my sister?
Faith - You and those delicious lentils again!

Well here is what 'Getting back my Groove' last night produced.

First a honking BIG stacked rainbow dots:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2004/20424-28mar1.jpg
White hearts:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2004/20424-28mar2.jpg
Hollow with stripes, earring set, and a easter lily bead done with the wrong stringer *boggle* I used the icing stringer I had laying about...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2004/20424-28mar3.jpg
A set for a friend to go with her dress for the day after her wedding:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2004/20424-28mar4a.jpg
A lavender vessel:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2004/20424-28mar5.jpg
And finally a goddess!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2004/20424-28mar6.jpg

Hugs from 'Back in the Groove' Holland,
Sarah

GinaJ
03-28-2004, 06:32 AM
Beautiful Beads!
Jiley - I love those colors!!!!
Tara - Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Your sister is so lucky!
Briatha - Beautiful Lentils!!!!
Sarah - Your stacked rainbow dot bead ROCKS!!

nursekatie
03-28-2004, 06:35 AM
Hi Jiley! I love the purple, I also like your composition....something I am working on myself!

Tara....your sister is going to LOVE that!!! (if she doesn't let me know....I will send you my address :evil: )

Faith.....(why did I not know your name is Faith....I thought it was Braitha!!! LOL) Your are a lentil queen......those are so soft!!

Sara..........Excellent dots!!! Your goddess beads are simply wonderful!

A few things from me..................I gotta run....still have to wax the kitchen floor...make all the food....oh....and my friend calls me yesterday........"You ARE going to dye your hair before the brunch.....right???" ....Umm...yep..gotta do that too :D

mperaza
03-28-2004, 09:03 AM
Thank you Jiley for being so quiet. I slept right through all the tiptoeing around. Kinda made me feel like a little girl on Christmas morning - waking up to all the beautiful eye candy! What a treat!

As usual everyone's beads are just out of this world beautiful.
Jacinthe, you couldn't have matched the fabric any better - they are perfect and I'm sure your friend is going to love them.

I'm still playing with the florals - trying to obtain that certain look I have in my brain - just can't seem to get it on the glass - yet. So, here's a couple of the beads I pulled from the kiln:

Marilyn

jkittels
03-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Morning all! I worked boro yesturday and these are the blues that I got from a mixture containing some of the new GA colors...They were fun to make..

Jiley- love the purples
tara-great bracelet...looks like you have some cool wraping going on?
Faith...great lentils! Whew
Sarah...Wow...you're stacked! :p ...those look perfect
Marilyn...love the florals!

Hope I didn't miss anyone...am loving todays S&T

Julie

blissfulgardenbeads
03-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Great work everybody, here is mine.

Helen Simon
03-28-2004, 09:56 AM
I've been working on a sunflower design with many failures, but this one is ok...not my final though. Good day, all! Love, Helen

Jamn!
03-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Jiley That is one of my favorite color combinations! I love purple, violets and blues!!
Tara Thats is really awsome!! It would be fun to wear too!
Faith That is so dreamy and soft!!

Sarah You have been so busy!! I have a whole new appreciation for the stacked dots since I have tried some this week!! That rainbow beads is really cool!

Katie I just love your flowers.. I can't even show the flowers that came out of my kiln this am they ate just soooo bad!!
Marily those are realy nice sets. The flower in the top right one is gorgeous!
Julie that makes me want to get the boro out again!! Cool colors!
Heather that is an really delicate and dainty set!!
Helen I just love your flower beads!!
Here are a couple of pics from my latest!

I have never done stacked dots before so.... That is a stacked dot bicone with grape purple lauscha and stacked dots everywhere... I got dot dot dot stuck on the brain today!! Oh and I forgot my celestial exchange so I was making organic celestial looking thingys too..

Jiley
03-28-2004, 10:29 AM
I love the Show and Tell!!!
Nice work everyone!
Jiley

Ps Good morning Jamn! - nice pics!!!!

Jamn!
03-28-2004, 10:34 AM
I couldn't help but think "I gotta booger on my finger and I can't get it off when I saw this pic!!"" Sorry Sheryll hehehe

I love the grape purple Lauscha btw... :) can't stop making stuff with it.. It is the most glorious purple! :D

Jiley
03-28-2004, 10:39 AM
"I gotta booger on my finger and I can't get it off when I saw this pic!!""

I think Mr. Booger might want to chime in on this one!
:)
Jiley
Ps Jamn! - you can flick that one this way!

Beadarella
03-28-2004, 11:12 AM
Morning....

I love looking at everyone's stuff...just beautiful !!

I haven't tried the grape Lauscha..need to get some.

My best.....Tara :)

margaretz
03-28-2004, 11:16 AM
Great S & T today everyone!
Hope you're all having wonderful sundays!
A few recent pieces:

Toxey's Treasures
03-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Everyone is doing such a wonderful job. :clap:

I really envy you guys. I still have a little less than a month before my class :( , but am going to try to read all I can before then.

The only set that I am going to comment on is Jiley's, it reminded me of my grandmother who just passed in December. She would have been ga ga over them, she loved those colors.

JHDesigns
03-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Morning Jiley! Nice beads! The purple is just yum!
Tara gorgeous bracelet.
Faith great shape on the lentils.
Sarah the stacked dots are awesome.
Katie I can't pick out a favorite. Oh maybe the last bead.... I love the color mix/blends. It reminds me of a watercolor painting.
Marilyn, once again the florals are very very nice. THe pink set reminds me of a set of dishes I inherited from hubby's grandmother.
Hey Julie :clap: the boro looks awesome! Great uniformity of sizes too!
Heather those remind me of easter time for sure! (also reminds me to buy easter candy! YUM)
Helen great flowers!!
Heidi I love the organic/celestial beads!! The stacked dots are great also!
Now don't be flicking boogers, I mean beads, at Jiley. She is a champion at paybacks! SHe has kids ya know! :D

dread
03-28-2004, 11:40 AM
O wow what a day
Sara you really are back in the groove
what lovely eye candy today
Since I cant show trolls I made a dragon head ,fat cat, earings and swirly tube bead

Jamn!
03-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Margaret I really like what your beads!! The top set is really interesting!!
Jami Very nice!! MUST DO BORO!! new mantra for today! :)

Deborah I was so bummed to not be your St. Patti day buddy.. he was the cutest!! Awsome stuff today as usual! The dragon is so wonderful!!

Booger
03-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Not passing up on a Show-N-Tell with that sort of title! Does everyone have spring fever today? The beads are popping with color combo's that would make Mother Nature proud!

Dread - What a dragon! He is glorious! The earrings are beautiful and the cat is also wonderful. I want to see the trolls though!!!!!!
Jami - that is one drop dead boro set of colors. How do you get that effect - is it frit or about a zillion layers? Some beads call to me, but that one is a SCREAMING!
ScuptpGirl - Post when you can - we'll be watching and waiting.
Margaret - The black and green set! It is so dark and lovely - arresting combo of gothic colors and flowers. Very beautiful indeed.
Jiley - The pink and green combo! Very lovely and feminine. Great work!
Tara - I am thinking of putting myself up for adoption if your family members receive such gifts. Incredible (and I especially like the asymetrical construction of it.
Faith - Such soft and subtle colors! There is something about lentils that makes me want to touch them - so tactile, like worry stones. Lovely!
Sarah - Your groove's back in a big way! The green and orange set is my favorite... the stacked dot rainbow is great too and so is the hubba-hubba Goddess. She is lovely!
NurseKatie - OOOOOOOOO That flaming hot flower tab! OOooooo ooooooooo oOOOOOOOOOO! LOVE THOSE COLORS TOGETHER. What did you say you have to do???? Wax a floor????? WHY? Why would anyone do such a thing? Just use Pledge! (Just kidding here - I actually did this once and we skated into walls for weeks...)
Marilyn - Love the flower focal. I think it is the color combo that makes me wish for my Grandma - her entire upstairs was decorated with those colors........and broken dolls.
Julie - I love the blue boros! Especially the one towards the center. It looks like encased fibers - how did you DO THAT? Too cool.
Blissful - The soft colors are lovely together. Great color choices. As to the swirlie stringer bead? Wish I could do that - can't seem to control the heat enough to pull it off - maybe I should switch torches for a night with Mr. Booger.
Helen - Beautiful set. But I have to say that the way the white flower petal lay, is brilliant. It looks so realistic!
JAMN- You are too funny.......Is it still stuck? You a need a kumihimo cord to string that on - or a customer with dreadlocks. And I am a big fan of the organic BIG focal bead in the top photo. Very lovely and BIG! I like BIG!

Speaking of which - a door-knocker bead! You can't see it really well, but the eye on your right does something WIERD. It flashes! There is an air bubble in there that is doing some odd things with the light and although I don't think the coral color worked really well, I love the head crown.

Have A Day With At Least One GOOD Surprise Everyone!
Finger Cramping Sheryll

Moth
03-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Yahoo for Sunday Show and Tell!!

Jacinthe, it is SO good to have you back in here! :D

Katie, that pink floral looks so delicate and pretty. What a perfect shape too! :clap:

Helen, those strawberries look good enough to eat!

Dread, that is one COOL dragon. Love it!

Sheryll, you have a knack for colors that are so striking together! Wow...what an impact!

Marilyn, just lovely!!

You guys all rock! But I can't see the pictures in the reply thread when you use the attachment instead of the uploader so I am going by memory.

Here are mine! Fresh out of the oven.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2004/24464-dkbeads2o.JPG

Flame on!!
~~Mary

KetchikanSculptor
03-28-2004, 12:57 PM
HERE HERE!!! Love all the pictures of ALL the beads!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Will try and post a new picture later on today.

greatfindsct
03-28-2004, 01:34 PM
Gorgeous work everyone! I haven't had much time to do sets, because I'm moving on Wed (we bought a new house!!! YAY), and my commsioned bunnies and ducks. But I finally got to do some yesterday. Here they are: Blue Willow, and Golden Yellow Jewels:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2004/32278-beads1_105w.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2004/32278-Untitled-2_copy.jpg

Patch
03-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Really great beads this morning everyone. Want to be that good when I grow up.
Here is my little contribution
Patch

KetchikanSculptor
03-28-2004, 05:35 PM
ok... here is my weekend contribution to this great thread. First time for a set with wire wrapped springs. Used to make wire jewelry in the 70's but it all (well almost all) came back to me. :p

I have to thank Alan Cross for jogging my memory on the wire part of this first one! His wife does awesome silver wire work for his great beads!

lepoppet
03-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Mochachino Bicones

Maria