PDA

View Full Version : My newest Piece

Sundrop
03-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Watercolor on 300lb archers..............

Dahzl
03-28-2004, 04:58 AM
Absolutely STUNNING !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wonderful textured, sculptural weave - colour combinations Magnificent !

Bravo !

One question - What would be the dimensions of this piece ??

Cheers Dahzl :D

Sundrop
03-28-2004, 09:40 AM
Absolutely STUNNING !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wonderful textured, sculptural weave - colour combinations Magnificent !

Bravo !

One question - What would be the dimensions of this piece ??

Cheers Dahzl :DThis piece is 11"x14" and was a 40 hour project,thanks for the nice words.....Steve

madrigle
03-28-2004, 09:45 AM
absolutely amazing. very striking. the more you look at it, the more your are compelled to keep studying it. great job.

Sundrop
03-28-2004, 12:07 PM
absolutely amazing. very striking. the more you look at it, the more your are compelled to keep studying it. great job.Thanks for looking,here are a few more past pieces....

Dahzl
03-29-2004, 06:22 AM
Beautiful work Steve ! - and I can see many hours of intricate work involved in putting these pieces together with Excellent results.

I was wondering - have you thought about pushing this idea further and much larger scale- re: curved shapes coming out from the wall, tall free standing cylinders, box shapes etc..... ?? I can see a lot of potential possibilities here with your process. Just a thought :D

Anyway - repeating what I have already posted before- Absolutely Stunning !!

Sundrop
03-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Beautiful work Steve ! - and I can see many hours of intricate work involved in putting these pieces together with Excellent results.

I was wondering - have you thought about pushing this idea further and much larger scale- re: curved shapes coming out from the wall, tall free standing cylinders, box shapes etc..... ?? I can see a lot of potential possibilities here with your process. Just a thought :D

Anyway - repeating what I have already posted before- Absolutely Stunning !!

Cheers Dahzl :DWhen I first started doing these ,I use to do them in miniture form,around 4"x6".I have done all different types from a series utilizing coffee stains to Indian Inks to all different mediums...I started going larger in the sense that my biggest to Date is 48"x38".....I do Flat rendition as well as weaving types....I do layered as much as 5 inches to as little as 3 mm..in Depth. I have done Pieces using large pieces of substrate to as little as a grain of rice.....I am constantly trying to find new ways to approach my stlyle...I enjoy having my balance between My oil etchings and my collages...I would love to try a really big rendition of my style ,but am still waiting to set up a studio.I am still creating on a kitchen table or a coffee table and am limited in my room.......I have not thought of the scale you are talking about, but its the tedious little pieceing together that seems to catch peoples interest....as well as calm my senses after a hards day work....I am in the midst of using household wrappers and packaging on one of my new projects.....I am constantly thinking of my next Plan........Thanks for the Ideas and most of all thanks for the kind words and interest in my work...............Steve

muchfoolishness
03-29-2004, 08:15 PM
wonderfully obsessive

Smileawhyl
03-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Compulsively glorious!

Dahzl
03-30-2004, 05:35 AM
When I first started doing these ,I use to do them in miniture form,around 4"x6".I have done all different types from a series utilizing coffee stains to Indian Inks to all different mediums...I started going larger in the sense that my biggest to Date is 48"x38".....I do Flat rendition as well as weaving types....I do layered as much as 5 inches to as little as 3 mm..in Depth. I have done Pieces using large pieces of substrate to as little as a grain of rice.....I am constantly trying to find new ways to approach my stlyle...I enjoy having my balance between My oil etchings and my collages...I would love to try a really big rendition of my style ,but am still waiting to set up a studio.I am still creating on a kitchen table or a coffee table and am limited in my room.......I have not thought of the scale you are talking about, but its the tedious little pieceing together that seems to catch peoples interest....as well as calm my senses after a hards day work....I am in the midst of using household wrappers and packaging on one of my new projects.....I am constantly thinking of my next Plan........Thanks for the Ideas and most of all thanks for the kind words and interest in my work...............Steve

Well - all fingers and toes crossed for you that you find yourself a good space/studio soon !! :D You are onto a very exciting process it would be fantastic to see where you go with it. maybe working in sections and putting it together in a larger space down the track might be worth a go?

- Anyway I do relate to the problem as I do most of my work on the dining table - very tricky especially the lack of space in a very small house- I am really hoping to get together with a couple of other artists to find and share a nice large old space somewhere - [ as cheaply as possible] I thought it would be great to divide up into individual studio/workshops and hopefully a gallery too - Ahh tis nice to dream....... Till then cramped quarters will have to do.

In the meantime - I look forward to viewing more of your wonderful work.