PDA

View Full Version : Whirlwind Romance

Faded
03-27-2004, 02:56 PM
This is 11x14 on canvas panel. I used Prima glaze to give the transparent look to the heart. All comments welcome. Thanks

Tamana
03-28-2004, 10:45 AM
I like the background and how the heart is becoming entangled in these moments without reason that love spins with her initial spell. What I don't like is the centered/symmetricity (word?) of it. I would've liked to have seen the heart off-centered and balanced with color and form.

I really like the entanglement and transparency of that heart though; how indicative of initial vulnerability.

madrigle
03-28-2004, 12:28 PM
mmm...love the subject matter. Those stormy clouds as a background are brilliant, I agree with tamana about the symetry but i'm not sure how it could have been handled other then as a symetrical piece. I have seen really large scale pieces with completely symetrical conpositions that really work. It would be interesting to see this on a very large scale. Also some increased contrast in the background would be interesting, using darker tones in the cloudy background towards the center of the piece perhaps? Anyway great work I wanna see more :)

Bill J
03-28-2004, 09:02 PM
I like it!-- the color is great, nice backround. The heart being centered doesn't bother me. Super job
bill