PDA

View Full Version : Beaded Ropes

beclectic
03-27-2004, 12:28 PM
We got to talking about beaded ropes over on the "spiny/fringe" thread and I thought the topic deserved it's own thread.

I said I would post a picture of the spiral rope I made for an eyeglass leash. I modified the instructions and used two needles for two rows of #11 beads to balance against the #6 green rocailles otherwise the rope was lopsided.

Chroma posted some beautiful work one included an African Helix rope and the other a crocheted rope. Chroma also posted a link with instructions for the African Helix.

So here is my picture (I wish the sun would come out so I could get a brighter picture). I included the eyeglasses for scale. I call this piece Vines & Roses.

TheBlueBetween
03-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Barbara - that is beautiful!

chroma
03-27-2004, 04:59 PM
very pretty. . . you probably had to have stronger readers after finishing that rope, didn't you?
bj

Charlee
03-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Coolness! :clap: Do the beads hanging from the temple pieces bother you? I fear I'd find them an awful distraction. Never worn glasses on a leash - minehave to stay on my face all the time. ugh.

Charlee

WillowMajestic
03-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Great design!! :clap:

Kari

beclectic
03-27-2004, 08:11 PM
very pretty. . . you probably had to have stronger readers after finishing that rope, didn't you?
bj

Thanks for the compliments all.

I wear 2.5x readers down on my nose so I can look over them. When I'm working with small beads I wear 2 pair. I have some magnifiers that clip on my glasses but I found 2 pairs of glasses more comfortable. Of course that shortens the focal length to about 6" so I look like a crone when I'm making something. Age has taken my perfect vision but as my mother says, 'Considering the alternative you'll have to deal with it.' She's right of course, darn. :)

The pieces hanging down from the temples don't bother me at all. They make me feel exotic.

I'm working on a rope now that is net stitch. It is kind of open work so I'm working it over silver cording. It will take me a while to finish as I put it aside to work on the 'Under the Deep Blue Sea' project. What are y'all working on?

lisilk
03-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Very pretty Barbara !