PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Show n Tell March 27-28 '04

DonnaBee
03-27-2004, 11:18 AM
I made something new! This was inspired by the "Deep Blue Sea" project, here in the Wearable Art forum.

I will be doing more "Sea" pieces. :)

C'mon everyone, show n tell, we don't take the weekends off here! :D

Barrie
03-27-2004, 11:28 AM
THUD!!! Donna, that is gorgeous!!!!!

I guess I better get to the bench, and make something! You guys are great for inspiration! Keep 'em coming!!!

DonnaBee
03-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Thank you so much Barrie! :)

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Ok, ok, you guys force me to create daily...not that this is a bad thing..My website thanks you. /wink

So, without further ado, here's today's submission!

We have..../drumroll......

......The Bleu Garden Bracelet! It is a little hodgepodge of various beads; there's a green Vaseline trade bead, a Grecian Raku, the main focal is blue ceramic, a HillTribe barrel, odds and ends of glass and Bali silver. :)

~D. :)

DonnaBee
03-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Oh Danielle, I love the Bleu Garden!

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Hehe, thanks Donna! It's a little funky and chunky, but I like it, it's fun.

Trying to get this one and Sandstorm up on the web, so sittin here starin at Photoshop and not really seeing anything. LOL...this cold has got me really winded. Evilness!

Anyhoo...

~D.

Retta Gates
03-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Here's what I did with a vessel from Gwacie...

Many thanks! :)

DonnaBee
03-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Happy vessel necklace Retta, I like those silver barrels you have there. (At least they look like barrels from here, are they hollow?)

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Oooh, Retta! I love that vessel! It's so....sixties almost! But a modern version. Very cool.

~D. :clap:

Rosie2000
03-27-2004, 04:47 PM
You all do great stuff!!! Living on the beach and being an Aquarian, I have this thing for water. Do I dare say Finding Nemo was one of my favorite movies :D I have a series that I am doing entitled "Fish are Our Friends". I would like to share one of my buddies with you. Have a great week-end.

GardenGirl1002
03-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi all! This is only my 2'nd post on WC but I have been lurking about for awhile. I just don't get a heck of a lot of time to contribute to this site. I always love checking out the show and tell threads and this week I've decided to post my accomplishments this weekend! I hope I get to do this more often!!

Kristen

DonnaBee
03-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Rosie, that's wild and wonderful as always! What is the fish made of?

Kristan, welcome to WC! Your glass work is very beautiful.

Rosie2000
03-27-2004, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=DonnaBee]Rosie, that's wild and wonderful as always! What is the fish made of?

My rooster fish is done with boro glass using Northstar and we also use glass alchemy and anything else we can get our hands on. The background is bullseye glass with dicro accents. The fish is 3D and is glued on to the bullseye and then designed around. I cant seem to make small pieces.

Rosie

DonnaBee
03-27-2004, 07:34 PM
I just watched "Finding Nemo" (again) today.

I cant seem to make small pieces.

What is the size of it? What are the coordinating beads it's strung with? Hope you don't mind all the questions! :)

McDuck
03-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Beautiful work everyone! And Donna I LOVE that bracelet! -mary

DonnaBee
03-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Thank you Mary! :)

Rosie2000
03-28-2004, 02:21 PM
I just watched "Finding Nemo" (again) today.

What is the size of it? What are the coordinating beads it's strung with? Hope you don't mind all the questions! :)

Hi DonnaBee The rooster fish hasnt returned home, my friend wore it last night when we went to the Kenny Rogers concert. I will measure and reply when it swims back. It's big...I too...can not make small things :D The beads were a vintage plastic set that was in my yellow bin. The color matched the glass absolutely perfect. I added swarvoski light colorado topaz for the spacers. The spacers picked up the brown in the fin tips. I dont mind the questions at all, I will be asking a lot too. Rosie Wild Woman I

flynfire
03-28-2004, 03:42 PM
I just gotta say WOW! Thanks to this forum, I am finally beginning to appreciate bead work. Beautiful!

cosmosgrrl
03-28-2004, 04:33 PM
I'm new here and have to say I am humbled by all the fabulous work I've seen during the last few days I've spent lurking. I've included two pictures of one of my recent pieces. I've been beading for about a year, and have decided to take the plunge and go for a glass bead making class this June. I used to do a lot of stained glass work, but moved away from it when my kids were born. Glass shards, hot solder and toddlers definitely don't mix! I've been doing a lot of mixed media work over the last few years and have recently been having some fun with altered books and book binding.

I'm looking forward to participating in what seems to be a very friendly, inspiring board!

Patty

DonnaBee
03-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi Patty! Welcome to WC! You even brought us eye candy with your first post, thank you! That is a very elegant necklace.

Thanks Rosie! The vintage plastic really does match perfectly, I was wondering if you made them from glass even.

I just gotta say WOW! Thanks to this forum, I am finally beginning to appreciate bead work. Beautiful!

Flyn, thank you for that. :)

DonnaBee
03-28-2004, 04:47 PM
This is what I worked on today. Last year I made this cuff with my own lampwork. I have been enjoying wearing it, but it wasn't absolutely perfect to me, and something about it just bugged me. So, today I replaced the touches of copper wire with yellow-goldfill wire, and now it feels right to me, and I am very excited about it. I can't seem to get a great picture though, due to the lighting, and the time of day. It's getting ready to thunderstorm and there is just no good light at the moment. Anyway, the copper is before and the gold wire is after. And that is what I did today! :) (The goldfill wire is showing up closer to silver in appearance in the photo - it's more yellow IRL.)

beclectic
03-28-2004, 06:08 PM
This is what I worked on today. Last year I made this cuff with my own lampwork. I have been enjoying wearing it, but it wasn't absolutely perfect to me, and something about it just bugged me. So, today I replaced the touches of copper wire with yellow-goldfill wire, and now it feels right to me, and I am very excited about it. I can't seem to get a great picture though, due to the lighting, and the time of day. It's getting ready to thunderstorm and there is just no good light at the moment. Anyway, the copper is before and the gold wire is after. And that is what I did today! :) (The goldfill wire is showing up closer to silver in appearance in the photo - it's more yellow IRL.)

I like the copper but you are right the gold is better.

Welcome Patty (cosmosgrrl). Thanks for posting your pretty necklace. I like the way the two colors of green are worked together in the neck part. We have a thread called 'Jewelry Artisans and Wearable Art Artists please post your introductions?' if you feel like posting a more extensive bio. It's not required, just thought I'd let you know.

glitterbead
03-28-2004, 06:39 PM
Here is my bracelet - and I apologize in advance for the crappy pix!!!

Gold Swarovski pearls with black and red Swarovski crystals, black and red dicroic bead and an earring component (a pair from the '80s that I dug up this weekend and pulled apart).

DonnaBee
03-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Lee, that is: JUST. SO. COOL.

*thud*

This is exactly the sort of thing I would wear. :clap:

DonnaBee
03-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Thanks Barbara for the vote for the gold!

glitterbead
03-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Lee, that is: JUST. SO. COOL.

*thud*

This is exactly the sort of thing I would wear. :clap:

Thanks Donna!!!!!

And now - the moment that we've all been waiting for: More chiffon........

Plum background with dry dyes (electric blue and teal) mixed with salt and sprinkled on.

DonnaBee
03-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Oh that looks like a dream, Lee! Dry dyes with salt? Amazing, I didn't know there were such things possible. I am going to learn so much from this forum.

Moth
03-29-2004, 12:25 AM
BEEEuitiful as always you guys!

Donna...definitely the gold is better.

Here is something from me. :p

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2004/24464-africanleaves1.JPG

African Opal, Bloodstone, Copper and Glass. Fancy Jasper leaves.

~~Mary

DonnaBee
03-29-2004, 12:52 AM
Great necklace, Mary! You put a lot of different materials in it, and it ties right together!

Thanks for another "gold" vote. I am very happy with the improvement. It's funny how a piece can take a year to finish, you know?

What a great weekend it was for Show n Tell. I enjoyed this so much. Hope someone is ready to begin the Monday one, because I have a new bracelet for it if you do! ;) (To be photographed in the morning, and it's a simple, minimal design this time)