PDA

View Full Version : Evolution—A dragon's tale

Smileawhyl
03-27-2004, 03:25 AM
A medium developed doodle experiment with water soluble crayon, acrylic on 6x9 acid free 140 lb cold press paper inspired by a dragon in a bottle in debates.

Tamana
03-27-2004, 08:25 AM
!

I was NOT expecting this!! I was expecting a composition indicative of Sappho's Retreat or the various other texture thingies you've done. This is great!

I love the vibrancy of palette and looseness of the design. It's so playful. Is the black ink or crayon? I've never used water soluable crayons before (only real ones!!). How are they to work with?

Smileawhyl
03-27-2004, 10:54 AM
!

I was NOT expecting this!! I was expecting a composition indicative of Sappho's Retreat or the various other texture thingies you've done. This is great!

I love the vibrancy of palette and looseness of the design. It's so playful. Is the black ink or crayon? I've never used water soluable crayons before (only real ones!!). How are they to work with?
I'm gaining a healthy curiosity about these watercolor crayons. They are extremely controllable yet respectably flexible. The black lines are acrylic (Sappho is still watching me study her because I've not won this war with dominance over acrylics and the only thing left to do is finish the flesh) because 'black' is the only color I've found with them where I can create the same fluidity and opacity I need for making 'art strokes'.

Inks can work well with the crayons but it will 'clog' Sharpies. Thanks for taking a peek and the studious comments. My creative mood has been all over the place lately. I wouldn't be looking for anything "predictable" from me for about 6 months.

VieSaintSo
03-27-2004, 11:22 AM
It's a live! vibrant! Fun! you made my day! well done!

Pilan
03-27-2004, 11:50 AM
einfach fantastisch ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

( in german, simply fantastic ) :D

ordie4
03-27-2004, 03:35 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Smileawhyl
03-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks again, Tam! As well, VieSaintSo, Pilan and Ordie4. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

arourapope
03-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Well, they've all already said "fun," so I'm going to say "festive." :)

ordie4
03-29-2004, 01:32 PM
i posted on this from
the dial-up connection
at the house and missed
the overall pic. i commented
on just the detail
overall it is spectacular
bright friendly colors
great composition. i'm
glad i checked back!

ZOTMA
03-29-2004, 06:00 PM
very energetic combination of composition and color
the gestures seem very free
and the aplication of hues nicely controlled
therefor, it packs a tight punch
I like

Sundrop
03-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Very nice piece................

muchfoolishness
03-29-2004, 07:55 PM
a bright little explosion

pipicacassosso
03-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Action galore. Wonderfully colored.

Smileawhyl
03-29-2004, 10:20 PM
What a wonderfully giggly gaggle of comments! Thanks for such warm words about my doodly daydreams. I'm thinking it would be fun to see how large I could go with this. Watercolor has never been a strongpoint for me, but the control of the crayons makes it less stressful to think about.

Again, thank each and all of you! :D