PDA

View Full Version : Sat 3/27 Show & Tell...Yippee it's the weekend!

Briatha
03-27-2004, 01:23 AM
It's after 1AM here on the east coast & I just shut off the torch so I'll start the Show & Tell :D

Lentils of course :evil:
Pink Aira and Sapphire Dwarven Gems

snootyvixen
03-27-2004, 01:36 AM
It's after 1AM here on the east coast & I just shut off the torch so I'll start the Show & Tell :D

Lentils of course :evil:
Pink Aira and Sapphire Dwarven Gems

Those pink and white ones are so purty, Faith! Great lentils - luv 'em!

Vikki

Briatha
03-27-2004, 01:52 AM
Thanks Vikki! I am so in love with my minor ( and lentils of course :angel: )!
I can't believe how much brighter the colors turn out and the glass melts like butter compared to the HH. I wish I would have made the change right away but I probably needed the slow practice so I'd appreciate what I have now.

MaureenKennedy
03-27-2004, 03:58 AM
Pretty lentils, Faith. You'll really bee cooking with that new torch!

Here's some of my latest - each night I say I am NOT going to make anymore lentils, and yet I always do. I need to have my eyes checked, because I just don't have the vision for little beads anymore. The bracelet is my tribute to Eric Rader - that guy is one great artist with the precision dots!

dread
03-27-2004, 07:48 AM
FAITH your lentils are wonderful
Maureen - I love all the sets - I particularly love the brights (I'm looking for spring)

Well , getting back into torching after two weeks away. O its good to be back at my torch ! I love traveling but this time being sick did not make it any fun.

So just getting used to the torch again. Cat heads (possibly earings) a chubby cat bead, dots - Although I really got into a troll head last night but I cant show it yet - darn you Tink !!!!

mperaza
03-27-2004, 08:19 AM
Good Saturday Morning!

Briatha - Your lentils are great - the pink & white - WOW!
Maureen- Great colors - I especially love the top one - so spring/summer.
Deb- Your beads are fantastic - they always put a smile on my face.

Here are a couple of mine - I'm trying to obtain a certain look with my florals (didn't get it yet - but I will!). Anyway here's what I got out of my kiln this morning - I was a little disappointed because they weren't what I was trying to do - oh well, here they are
Marilyn

dread
03-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Thanks Marilyn they keep me laughing too

I love those florals - I really like those tube ones they have something about them that sets them off - love the colors too

Teri.p
03-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Good morning..... and happy Saturday!

Faith - Sapphire Dwarven Gems are yummy!

Maureen - Outstanding bracelet!! I love Eric's work also; he's on my list of eBay favorites that I check faithfully.

Deborah - adorable cats..... can't wait to see your troll!

Marilyn - I agree with Deborah.... the tube florals are eyecatching!

Purple gingham for me today; what fun I'm having with this pattern!

Teri

Trey Cornette
03-27-2004, 09:38 AM
One quick post and I'm off to the torch
Flame ON!!!
TC

Jennifer Geldard
03-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Yay! More gingham! I love those..what an original design.

Here's another ornate:
I wish I was off to torch.. sick today and guest coming, to off to sniffle and dust..

Lisa Jordan
03-27-2004, 10:06 AM
Sometimes life just isn't fair...like following Jen G. again!!! Beautiful bead! Faith, I am loving the sapphire gems, great mix of shine and matte. Maureen, your Rader bracelet is a standout. Teri, Wow, the Gingham beads are soooo neat!
Here is mine for the day....front and back

rosebead
03-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Beautiful work everybody, very inspiring. I really love Maureen's middle set with all thre great colors. Marilyn your florals are beautiful. & Jennifer those are great colors on your bead, very pretty.
I'm another one who's sick today & I'm out of gas so I'll just be thinking about torching this weekend.

Diane

mhartjen
03-27-2004, 10:54 AM
What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning! Lisa ... love that bead! Jennifer ... stunning as always. Here are a couple of mine ... Marna

snootyvixen
03-27-2004, 10:57 AM
I have to say, that gingham pattern is TDF!!!

Beautiful work everyone, keep 'em coming! Mine are soaking right now,I'll go fix them up in a bit and photograph them. Paris (my 4yo) told me yesterday that I had to make blue and "deen" (green) beads, so that's what I did.

Vikki

Lara
03-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Look at all the pretties. Just a quick drive by post and picture. I'm going off to torch.

Just one of my "purple stones"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Mar-2004/10029-prpstone1.jpg

Lara

Allison Turner
03-27-2004, 11:30 AM
:clap:
Fabo S&T today everyone!!!
I'm off to torch too!! No dusting for me today! :p

Here's a few from me.
:D

Queen of Tides
03-27-2004, 12:34 PM
OMG!
The best show & tell thread I've seen yet! Everyone is creating amazing work these days! Jaw droppers, all of them. I feel so inspired.

Here is a bead that was supposed to be something else. A large Easter egg with periwinkle relief flowers. It turned out lopsided and very unattractive. So, I rolled it in some of Val's frits, added some silver and encased the heck out of it with lauscha. Voila, a humongous bead! 1 5/16 x 7/8 inches. Weighs a ton too.

JHDesigns
03-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Another yummy show & tell. Love the lentils!
Marilyn, don't know what you were trying to get but those are really nice!
Jen, can you get any more perfect? You should rename your business to SIGH Designs cause everytime I see your great focals I SIGH in rapture! :D :D

Here is a brand new beadie design I'm calling Tie Dyed Poked Eyes in Boro.
Jami

artbabe21
03-27-2004, 01:37 PM
DROOL!!!!!!! What awesome work everyone! It's my first visit here & I am blown away by the talent in this forum! It's SO tempting....how difficult IS this medium???????????????? :)

saucy
03-27-2004, 02:08 PM
I have to second that DROOL comment.

Allison your beads are so addictive!
Trey - I'm loving that first set. Anything bright always gets my attention.
Lara - That purple is stunning. I really love these beads.
Teri - Love that gingham!
Jennifer - You are always one to see. I love your stuff! I'm so proud to have one of your creations.

Jamn!
03-27-2004, 05:05 PM
Wow!!! What awsome beads today!!! Allright I am going downstairs to find my camera!!

Jamn!
03-27-2004, 06:42 PM
O.k. no pics I can't find my camera AGAIN!!! my 4 kids are killing me! :p

Amozoo
03-27-2004, 07:52 PM
beautiful beautiful beads today. After the International Flameworkers Confrence in NJ I felt compelled to learn how to blow glass better. What better of a way than to just make small jars? I've even got a marketing idea, something I use myself, is one of these in my purse as an asprin bottle. Here are my two latest.

margaretz
03-27-2004, 08:12 PM
What a LOVELY show and tell, everyone! It's been a while since I popped into WC, but I'm taking a break after fighting with my lapidary... pictures of cold-worked beads will follow later... but here's two recent ones- a set and a focal:

Again, wonderful work today, everyone!

Flaming Idiot
03-27-2004, 11:57 PM
You know what you guys? It's kinda pathetic... but I LIVE all day in anticipation of signing on in the evenings to check out the Show & Tells. Your beads are all so lovely! I can't wait till I have something to show and tell. {sigh} I will one day, I promise! In the meantime... I'm living vicariously through you all. Life is good. {grin}

DebbieSue
03-28-2004, 12:02 AM
Beautiful eye candy today. Thanks everyone! :clap:

Debbie

SonyaHusko
03-28-2004, 12:12 AM
Beautiful work! Lisa, clickable once again! That starry night bead you have up on your auctions is AWESOME!

Marna, love them as usual!

Here's a new boro set, lots of blues.

Kalera
03-28-2004, 12:46 AM
Holy cow, the beads today are amazing! Whoa. I have to follow THAT? Maybe I should just wait until midnight and jump on the Sunday one!
Aw shucks, I'll just go ahead and try to follow that act... <pouting>

Here's a swirly set and a "seapod":

Virginia L.
03-28-2004, 01:18 AM
Good Saturday Morning!

Briatha - Your lentils are great - the pink & white - WOW!
Maureen- Great colors - I especially love the top one - so spring/summer.
Deb- Your beads are fantastic - they always put a smile on my face.

Here are a couple of mine - I'm trying to obtain a certain look with my florals (didn't get it yet - but I will!). Anyway here's what I got out of my kiln this morning - I was a little disappointed because they weren't what I was trying to do - oh well, here they are
Marilyn
WOW, I was just thinking that those were about the prettiest florals I have ever seen, so delicate, I LOVE THEM..then I read you are not happy with them...hmmmmmmmmm, I know where you could send them, LOL - Seriously, they are scrumtiouse. Everyone else, really beautiful also...I have a temperature and cannot remember what I saw, well, I cannot remember what I saw anyway, so who am I kidding - Great job everyone :clap: :clap: :clap:
- God Bless - Virginia L.