PDA

View Full Version : different kind of abstract - work in progress

Pilan
03-27-2004, 12:17 AM
I had an old abstract I did not like so the next best thing was to make it something different. I probably have wayyyy to many colors but I am having fun.

Thanks
Pilan

about 12x16 oil on canvas

Smileawhyl
03-27-2004, 01:12 AM
I'm loving it so far. Might be interesting to see what effect scumbling or washing it with a matte white, or neutral color would have. But it's definitely vividly alive!

TeAnne
03-27-2004, 01:28 AM
This is the best street sceen I've seen in a long time. I love it. Hot Town, :music: "Summer in the City" :D :music: :music:

Tamana
03-27-2004, 08:39 AM
TeAnne, that's EXACTLY what I thought when I first saw it too!! Pilan I would be careful about how much further I took it. Except for maybe the skyline, it's lovely the way it is. It's vibrant and festive; like a carnival come to the city, or a holiday/celebratory atmosphere.

VieSaintSo
03-27-2004, 11:21 AM
Well Pilan, i'm with Teann and Tam on this one!! :)

Pilan
03-27-2004, 11:39 AM
well I certainly did not expect such a cool response :p , but I'll take it :D

Smileawhyl, could you show me what you are talking about. Your welcome to take the picture and put it through some computer filter. Right now my mind is not getting what your eye could see.

Teanne, geez your so good at names :D can I take it and use it for my painting? My abstract underneath was actually pretty hot colors to begin but wanted to add some more interest. I worked with yellow, orange and then added cerelean blue with white on lime green.

Tam, danke schön :) you are correct, I will be cautious on how much further I take this.

Sylvie Danke!

I wanted to put a few more figures in and possibly some shapes that look like paper cups on the umbrella table. And maybe what do you all think of a couple of chairs and or a figure sitting at the table?

Pilan

Ich danke ihnen vielmals! means ( Thank you very much indeed)

I am practicing my german this morning. danke means thank you and schon means ,thank you very much.

Smileawhyl
03-28-2004, 02:41 PM
well I certainly did not expect such a cool response :p , but I'll take it :D

Smileawhyl, could you show me what you are talking about. Your welcome to take the picture and put it through some computer filter. Right now my mind is not getting what your eye could see.

LOL I don't know that I would want to subject anyone else to what my mind sees of things, but as that relates to this picture, I wasn't considering the title, but was mezmerized by the image. It seemed like a city scene and there were certain filters I was seeing it through if you were talking about doing more work on it. I don't think my filters work to further enhance your carnival scenario, but each has its own type of feel.

Tamana
03-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Wook!!!! It's waining and we're awwwet!!!

Pilan
03-28-2004, 08:11 PM
WOW! thanks a lot for tweeking my painting. I see what you are saying. hmmm, now can I take what you have given me as an aid to come up with something on my own? hmmm, well. I will repost later this week.

I have so much to do. Thank you a whole lot.

Pilan

Smileawhyl
03-28-2004, 09:05 PM
WOW! thanks a lot for tweeking my painting. I see what you are saying. hmmm, now can I take what you have given me as an aid to come up with something on my own? hmmm, well. I will repost later this week.

I have so much to do. Thank you a whole lot.

Pilan
Well, maybe you should try it on a new painting. For your title, this original painting is quite happy and satisfying.

I used patterned brushes with a 45% transparency. The first overpaint is black, the second a medium light tan, the third is a medium reddish coffee color (all eyedropped from colors in your painting).

Pilan
03-29-2004, 06:32 PM
thank you. I have decided to put an adult like figure holding balloons and a balloon in a small child like figures hand. I think I may like this. I am going to wait until it is dry. I would prefer to be able to wipe it off. I just smeared a plein air painting last evening by getting too much in a hurry :( . The filters are great for helping out. I think messing around with photoshop it has helped me in seeing differently in my paintings.

Thanks again. When I finish it I will post the update.

Pilan