PDA

View Full Version : Fused Glass S&T 3/26

shoozles
03-26-2004, 09:13 PM
I thought I would try this again and see if there were any new Fused Glass Goddies for you all to share. Here are a few of my latest Dichroic Fused Glass pendants.

So show me what you have made that is new.

Michelle

gb-beads
03-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Michelle!

Those are beautiful!! I have made one miserable attempt at fusing with my daughter. Someday, when I'm feeling very brave I'll post a pic of my miserable (Effetre) fusing attempt (looks like a starfish! :rolleyes: )

Show us more!! Thanks :D

!Karen
03-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Oh those are very nice. I haven't done any fusing yet, but plan too.

Are you going to be listing those? I like the POWER pendant.

Thanks for showing them,

:)Karen

satnin
03-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Michelle... Your work is so beautiful its hard to pick a favorite .. The 3rd picture is drop dead gorgeous... Also the earrings. Keep up the wonderful work and keep sharing .. Billie :clap:

toozygoot
03-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Michelle - I remember the "Power" piece and loved it. I really like the piece with the stars a lot too!

pat

shoozles
03-27-2004, 10:03 AM
You are all so kind I needed a boost this week. I have left ebay for a while I had a weird thing happen last week. One of my buyers was selling my stuff at my kids school under her name and it really put me off since she got it way too cheap on ebay. so that is why I needed the boost and have held out on ebay...I am tired of them getting it cheap. I want to start a thread on this.

Where are all my fuser friends!! I want to see some fused glass goodies.

Thanks everyone
Michelle

StefaniBeads
03-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Oooo I luv 'em! I would love to see you post some more! :)

mtbarr
03-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Thanks for posting your little treasures, Michelle.

I tinker in the fused glass also and it is always fun to see what other people can do.. I love the dichroic items and want to do some etching myself. Maybe I will get brave and post a picture some time...

dichromary
03-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Hi Michelle, your beads are beautiful. You are right about Ebay. I don't hardly list any fused beads except to attract buyers to my Ebay store.

Mary

Kalera
03-28-2004, 12:22 AM
Michelle and Mary, your fused work is gorgeous! I was selling cabs for a few weeks, but quickly realized that the prices were literally not paying for my time... my husband crunched numbers and told me that of all the glass work I could be doing, it was the only one that wasn't cost-effective, so I've pretty much given it up. I still have fused work up on my website, but eBay is a big loser in that regard. Here are a couple of cabs I've had up recently:

dichromary
03-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Hi Kalera, lovely cabs. I especially like the blue one. I still make cabs but mainly sell them through my website to a few of my repeat customers. I don't know how the cab sellers can survive on Ebay. Some were going for less than $3. Ouch.

Moth
04-03-2004, 11:05 AM
I thought I would try this again and see if there were any new Fused Glass Goddies for you all to share. Here are a few of my latest Dichroic Fused Glass pendants.

So show me what you have made that is new.

Michelle

OMG!!!!! I received the FANTASTIC pendant with the stars today as an raogk! This rocks!!!! I also got another one that is absolutely STUNNING!!! Sorry to shout, but WOW!!!!!!

I will post pictures in an raok thread. I don't know what I did to deserve these, or if I am just a very lucky girl, but THANK YOU Michelle!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

~~Mary

bolimasa
04-03-2004, 05:20 PM
You are all so kind I needed a boost this week. I have left ebay for a while I had a weird thing happen last week. One of my buyers was selling my stuff at my kids school under her name and it really put me off since she got it way too cheap on ebay. so that is why I needed the boost and have held out on ebay...I am tired of them getting it cheap. I want to start a thread on this.

Where are all my fuser friends!! I want to see some fused glass goodies.

Thanks everyone
Michelle

Is this why nothing is for sale at your site? I was perusing there the other day and was disapointed nothing was for sale. I love your pendants and would love to see one in real life! I saw some dichroic pendants at a bead show a couple of weeks ago, I'm not sure any looked at pretty as yours!

Toni Lutman
04-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I did this a while back. I really enjoy fusing, just haven't been able to break away from the torch lately :rolleyes: Seeing everyone's work makes me want to start it up again.

Toni

MiniLady
04-04-2004, 03:27 PM
It's really great to see fusers showing off some of their stuff. Here's one I am quite proud of. The fusing and the wire work was all done by me. The wire wrap is a real nice alternative to showing off fused pieces.

shoozles
04-05-2004, 12:06 AM
I am seeing some beautiful fused creations out here. Keep showing me your stuff.

MiniLady, nice wire work wow.

ToniL-Please come back and show us more that piece looks very involved. NICE

Dichromary- I think I have seen some of your stuff before and admired it. Beautiful

Kalera- I love cabs and those are yummy, I add bails to mine and sell them, we can't make much on ebay with them, you are right.

Toni Lutman
04-05-2004, 11:06 AM
ToniL-Please come back and show us more that piece looks very involved. NICE

Thanks Michelle, That was a really easy one to do. I used a rainbow dichro with the random big square pattern (don't know the official name), and fused it to the base glass. I used a ring saw to follow a few of the pattern lines on the dichro, and then fire polished it. I don't have many pictures of my fused work. I stupidly always give it away and then remember it would have been nice to have a picture :rolleyes:.

Toni

froggee501
04-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Wow mary WOW.... I LOVE that cross! I've wanted to do a cross, but haven't gone for it yet.... I definately will now!

I'll have to show some of my fused stuff later... someone remind me...

Emma

quill
04-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Lovely show & tell!

This panel measures 12"by12"

It is my first test firing with my new Skutt kiln. I have been fusing in my little Aim so this is a very roomy kiln for me.

I am very happy with this kiln & for someone who has been using a Fuji controller, amazed that I can actually understand the instructions for the Skutt.

(& yes, that window really is as dirty as it looks. Must clean sometime this year.)

mabuhay
12-16-2004, 05:22 PM
I have to ask -- probably a dumb question -- but how is the lettering added to the "Power" cab?

beadinpath
12-16-2004, 05:49 PM
A plate....

beadinpath
12-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Here's the photo, I hope....

Iona
12-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Michelle, Why not sign your name on the back of the pieces and that way she can't tell everyone she made them. Also, you could offer to sell her quanity price for buying more from you than ordering them on e-bay. Think of how you could make more money, and just kiss them goodby as you go to the bank. Iona

lpi
12-16-2004, 10:03 PM
A few of my new ones!

You can see all of my fused glass on webshots if these pictures don't come through.
Christine
http://community.webshots.com/user/fused101

Ellessonbeads
12-19-2004, 05:08 PM
wow so wonderful beads here and colors.:clap:
How do you make this? :confused:

Kristina

skgdesigns
12-19-2004, 05:37 PM
Hi Michele

Loved your wired cabs for earings, delicare yet glitzy.

As a bead embroiderer I use dichroic cabs in some of my works
I always thought it was a good idea for the glass maker to
sign her or his name on the back of the piece.
And always give credit to the glass maker ,when using their art work.

But I do have to admit, sometimes on ebay Ive bought a cab, thats
second hand, and the seller couldnt remember where they got it.
If it had been signed, then I could have given credit to the maker
and put a link on my webpage to them.

So it looks like the answer is in the hands of the glass maker
please sign your work, Quilters sign their work, for future generations
to see who made a quilt.

As beaders all we can do is buy tags to add to our work,
And yes sometimes people will remove those too.
It always amazes me how people think,you will work for 100 hours
on a piece of beadwork, yet they think they can buy it for $30, lol.
Educating the public is hard work.
Blessings Sandra
skgdesigns
http://www.angelfire.com/journal/medicinebag/index.html
PJ designed this dichroic cab