PDA

View Full Version : three paintings with red in them

nine malic molds
03-25-2004, 11:38 PM
one old but newly stretched and digitized, one finished, one working in prgress,

Smileawhyl
03-26-2004, 12:44 AM
#1 He seems sort of sneaky in a thick, ham-handed sort of way

#2 Obvious to me, and intriguing self-portrait

#3 I'm wondering what you are wanting to say. It will be an interesting wait for the answer!

Always a treat to see your new (and renovated) works. You say so much with judicious representation. Truly unique, fun and provoking :)

nine malic molds
03-26-2004, 03:40 PM
smileawhyl, thanks
-the last one is about inspiration and sources for inspiration (it's a small part of a larger idea). i know that doesn't make much sense but in time threw other paintings this one will gain more meaning.
-the second one actually wasn't meant to be a self portrait but every face i create ends up looking like me. it's actually just a study to see how a sketch would translate into paint.
-the first one is about making excuses

ordie4
03-26-2004, 03:47 PM
i keep coming back to the second
one....really cool painting

Tamana
03-27-2004, 08:20 AM
I think you're one of the few artists that can leave the canvas with a composition and make it work. I agree with o4 regarding the second; that lower depth will pull you right in. The first has me listening for the music of words and the third feels somewhat isolated or contained to me. I love that wisp of moss.

Stacy_Renee
03-27-2004, 04:16 PM
aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:p very very wonderful :p

i really like your style, it rocks

Pilan
03-27-2004, 05:04 PM
me too :clap: these are awsome and fresh!

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:p very very wonderful :p

i really like your style, it rocks

nine malic molds
03-27-2004, 08:14 PM
thank you all for the kudos, any negative comments?