PDA

View Full Version : Three Witnesses

morendo
03-25-2004, 11:20 PM
oils
the plane of the pic is off a bit.

Smileawhyl
03-25-2004, 11:28 PM
OMG I find this to be EXCEPTIONAL!!!! You have nailed this with every element (and a staple gun and even a paternity suit)! Great color. Great elemental interpretation. Great title. . . uh . . . GREAT And that yellow is just brilliant!

Is the darkness of the lower right corner actually on the canvas? I like that, too :D

loserkidchristy
03-26-2004, 02:48 AM
wow. this painting is so amazing. it speaks volumes.. its just beautiful, and poetic

Ladysue
03-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Makes me like abstract art.... :eek:
Believe me that is some achievement!

I am open minded but have peculiar tastes....

Anyway this is great in every aspect. Thanks for sharing. :D

artamust
03-26-2004, 03:51 PM
There's a great harmony of color and composition. Nothing is overstated yet every element is essential. What are the dimensions? It would appear to work well on a grand scale.

Very nice!
Steve

geminidream
03-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Hi Morendo, I really like your painting, it has great eye movement, I find my eyes going from the black dots and red/orange over to the yellow lines
over and over in a circle, i also love the blues. great abstract I really like it.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: geminidream :)

Tamana
03-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Morendo I really think this painting deserves another shot (photography wise). It appears it's tilted or something and I would love to see it straight on!! Possible?

arourapope
03-29-2004, 02:09 PM
I'll like to see a better photograph also. And a detail. I'm liking it a lot.

morendo
03-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Smileawhyl: I don't know what to say. You are more than generous with your comments. You brought a smile to my face from reading your input. I am deeply grateful. Thank you. And yes the blue in the corner is part of the painting.

loserkidchristy: I am pleased you found it beautiful and poetic. I thank you.

Ladysue: Happy to help bring another into the fold! :D Glad you enjoyed it.

Steve: dimensions are 16x20 inches. Your comments are well received. I appreciate the time you took to review the work as thoroughly as you did. A larger size? Hmmm.

Geminidream: I didn't recognize the eye movement when I finished it. Thank you for pointing that out and for your comments.

Tam & Aurora: I am sorry about the pic quality. Months ago, my tripod broke so I have been having to freehand the shots -- I could go on with more sad excuses, but... I promise by tomorrow to take a couple more shots that are more squared and some details too. Thank you both for your contribution and keepin me from being too lazy :P

muchfoolishness
03-29-2004, 07:33 PM
:)

morendo
03-30-2004, 12:54 PM
The size is 16x20.
I don't know if it is an optical illusion, or if I just suck at taking shots but the yellow lines appear to have a very slight angle now. Anyways here is the retake shot and 2 details requested by Tamana and Aurorapope:

Tamana
03-31-2004, 11:37 PM
Morendo, thank you. Sorry I missed it.

I wasn't sure if the depth was a part of the painting, or a shadow. The dimension you've created with the lines is astounding; no wonder they move. You can see her breathing now...