PDA

View Full Version : OT: Body Adornment

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-25-2004, 04:53 PM
Hope all of you who believe in piercings don't live in GA:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=817&ncid=757&e=10&u=/ap/20040324/ap_on_fe_st/genital_piercings

Personally speaking from my own viewpoint, it seems to me that some ppl still believe we're in the stone age and can drag women around by their hair and grunt alot.

/chuckle

~D.

Charlee
03-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Well, I don't want my genitals, or tongue, or any other thing pierced (ears only, thanks), but I'll fight tooth and ermmm... earring for any adult's right to have their whatever pierced. I live in Arkansas, so I encounter Neanderthal legislation/thought/beings frequently. :rolleyes:

Oh, let me not get on my soapbox.
*s*

Charlee

Barrie
03-25-2004, 06:20 PM
A very good friend of mine is a tatto artist/piercer, and gets all kinds of piercing requests. Most women don't know that if they pierce certain parts of their genitals, that it is like being circumsized and can lose up to 50% of sensation (I was sitting there one day when a young woman phoned!). Personally, I don't see the point of piercing strange places, but I'm with Charlee, don't tell me what I can or can't do! I am not a child!! And as long as I make an informed decision, and do it in a responsible manner, then leave me be!! I wonder if they will penalize women who go out of state for the procedure? And how will they prove it was done? Wouldn't want to sit on the jury for that trial!!!

(not sure if this is appropriate, so I thought I better add a heiny con!)

DonnaBee
03-25-2004, 06:48 PM
This:

Amendment sponsor Rep. Bill Heath, R-Bremen, was slack-jawed when told after the vote that some adults seek the piercings.

"What? I've never seen such a thing," Heath said. "I, uh, I wouldn't approve of anyone doing it. I don't think that's an appropriate thing to be doing."

Oh my.... that's really scary... I personally don't have anything pierced, but I would hope that I would have the right to if I wanted! :mad: