PDA

View Full Version : At Rest

shrinkinviolet
03-25-2004, 03:30 PM
This is the harbour at Cruden Bay Scotland. It was the end of a rainy dreary day when the fishing boats were home and "At Rest". It is an oil on canvas, 18"x24". Hope that you like it.
Judyhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Mar-2004/18123-At_Rest.jpg

Helen
03-25-2004, 04:41 PM
I like it very much; I'm especially fond of those old boats and you've captured the mood very well

mairrca
03-25-2004, 04:51 PM
I like it and it is restful. Good reflections.

VeldaJ
03-26-2004, 05:06 AM
Lovely painting Judy. Great reflections and the muted pallette works really well and adds a great sense of atmosphere.

Alison Jardine
03-26-2004, 01:07 PM
This is the harbour at Cruden Bay Scotland. It was the end of a rainy dreary day when the fishing boats were home and "At Rest". It is an oil on canvas, 18"x24". Hope that you like it.
Judyhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Mar-2004/18123-At_Rest.jpg

I love this -- what an interesting image to have picked; a side of boats and water not often depicted.

I find this a very touching and slightly nostalgically sad image.

Wonderful painting !

Ali

Alison Jardine
03-26-2004, 01:08 PM
I love this -- what an interesting image to have picked; a side of boats and water not often depicted.

I find this a very touching and slightly nostalgically sad image.

Wonderful painting !

Ali

----and I wanted to add that I think the composition borders on abstract which I love, and the colour & tone of the sky versus the slightly richer boat is compelling.

Ali

shrinkinviolet
03-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Thank you very much. Perhaps it's because I've never lived near the water, but I do love to poke around harbours when I have the chance. I think that everything about them is rich in subject matter
Judy.

Marty C
04-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Hi Judy,
You have certainly caught the rainy, dull atmosphere with your choice of palette. You have also captured the peace and calmness with the still water and the clear reflections. Very nice work.

shrinkinviolet
04-08-2004, 04:51 AM
Hi Judy,
You have certainly caught the rainy, dull atmosphere with your choice of palette. You have also captured the peace and calmness with the still water and the clear reflections. Very nice work.

Thank you Marty. I do appreciate all of the kind comments.
Judy