PDA

View Full Version : Duck and Bunny Party

greatfindsct
03-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Hey there! Well this is my first comissioned project. 30 ducks and 30 bunnies, and I've finished them all! I had fun doing the bunnies, the ducks were a bit boring to do though. What do you think? Have a great day :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Mar-2004/32278-bunnies.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Mar-2004/32278-ducks.jpg

Srettig
03-25-2004, 11:47 AM
wow!! you've been busy!

these are great, nice work

Scott

GardensOnGlass
03-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Very cute Jen! You should be proud! :clap:

DebbieSue
03-25-2004, 12:04 PM
They're adorable! They look like Easter candy! :clap:

Debbie

!Karen
03-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Good Job!

Just curious, do you know what your customer is going to do with them all?

:)Karen

greatfindsct
03-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi Karen, yes, my customer owns a huge bead store here in CT, and she is having a demonstration for Spring. They're going to be in the newspaper here too! With my name Waaahooo! :)

Orca
03-25-2004, 01:30 PM
They are just wonderful! It's so cool to see them all together!

!Karen
03-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Hi Karen, yes, my customer owns a huge bead store here in CT, and she is having a demonstration for Spring. They're going to be in the newspaper here too! With my name Waaahooo! :)

Very sweet!! Congrats!

Heather/Ericaceae
03-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Hi -

(My first post in the glass forum!!)

I love the looks on the faces of the ducks. The bunnies are adorable but they look somewhat more distracted, you know? The ducks, now, all have the same look of eager expectation on their faces. Like they're about to watch fireworks. Wonderful control! Too bad they probably won't end up together (it would make a very busy necklace, I guess), but at least you've got the group picture.

Everytime I try to do sculptural forms, they end up exploding in my vermiculite. :(

Congrats on your new media exposure!

-Heather

KathyB
03-25-2004, 04:35 PM
They look sooo cute all gathered together like that. Makes me wonder what they talk about... "did you see her ears.. she got much longer ears than I did.... and look at him... nice buns..."

Ok... I got a little carried away. Definitely adorable!

McDuck
03-26-2004, 07:00 AM
I had fun doing the bunnies, the ducks were a bit boring to do though.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Mar-2004/32278-ducks.jpg

I am appalled, how could a DUCK be boring! :eek: lol anyway good job! you could have made a black duckie, you know the male mallards are black when they are young. and a plaid ducki, just because you could :p -mary...errrr...mcduck...finding it hard to believe any duckie is boring

Tink
03-27-2004, 01:32 AM
Ok... They are all terribly cute, but those little duckies are fab!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOO darn adorable! LOL! I am so proud of you for being able to handle such a commission. I could never do that.

You rock!

saucy
03-27-2004, 03:26 AM
I love the ducks! The bunnies are cute but the expressions on the ducks are adorable. I would have a hard time with 30 of anything, but I've done it before. I had to take several bead breaks in-between making said commission bead. Heck, I'm having a hard time completing 10 of one thing.

Very good job!

greatfindsct
03-27-2004, 08:02 AM
LOL McDuck! I LOVE DUCKS!!! I didn't want to offend any duck lovers ;) Just not making 30 of them in a row, actually it was more like 35-40, some were bad!
Tink- I didn't think I could do it either, but I did..
And Saucy, I definitely did do other beads in between. I would have never survived without them! LOL
It's funny what you think of your own work, I really like the bunnies better, but all of you seem to like the ducks better.
I can tell you one thing though, I don't think I'll be working with any lemon yellow in the near future :)
Thanks everyone for all the compliments :)
Have a great day!

Queen of Tides
03-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Adorable!

Virginia L.
03-28-2004, 04:04 PM
TOTAL DELIGHT, that is what I think - thanks for sharing - God Bless - Virginia L.

Shawn T.
04-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Oh Jen! They are so cute. I have heard about them, but seeing them all together like this is so fab! I love the bunnies and the ducks. Remember to save me a copy of the newspaper, want to be able to tell people in the future I knew her when...............
LOL Glad I popped in tonight and saw them!
hugs,
Shawn