PDA

View Full Version : business card sheets glossy

Brownie
08-29-2001, 03:30 PM
I have used Burlington business cards which come in a microperfed 10 per sheet package of 25 sheets.
What I would LIKE is if someone had such a product in glossy paper, but I haven't been able to find anything on the web. Would anyone know if a perforated glossy business card sheet for ink jet printers exists? What I have done is to print to photo glossy then cut them myself, but that's quite time consuming. Thanks for any info, Brownie/FL

Brownie
09-01-2001, 04:24 PM
Or, would anyone know where else I might find the answer to this? Thanks. Brownie

Sumafra
09-05-2001, 04:47 AM
Hi Brownie,
I like the idea of printing business cards on glossy paper, I think that would look nice. If you cut them with a good paper cutter, wouldn't they look good enough, or is that paper too thin to make a good business card? have you tried it? Also, cutting with a paper cutter would be quick and easy.

TPS
09-06-2001, 12:47 AM
What you need is varnished card stock, about 110 lb. It can be bought one side glossy or both. I haven't seen this at the big office supplies. However, if you contact a printer, or printer supply house, they may help you. The smallest amount to buy would be a ream (500 sheets). You should get 10 cards per sheet. Of course you will need to cut it; not likely to find perforated. Photo-glossy paper is not heavy enough for business cards, and usually has watermark or name on the back side.

MarshaSavage
09-06-2001, 08:52 AM
About a year ago I bought a package of "Avery" brand ink jet glossy photo quality business cards. The number is "8373" but only has 8 cards per sheet and this package only had 20 sheets. They looked good, but do have a rough edge - that perforated edge. When I went back to the store (Office Depot) to get more, I could not find them. You might try contacting the company to see if they still make this glossy business card.

In the alternative, I bought their "Clean Edge no perforations Matte coated for vivid color" White business cards. These do come 10 per page. They have a package of 20 sheets and a box with 40 sheets (#8877). These matte finish ones look almost as good as the glossy ones. And -- the paper is slightly thicker.

You can only print on one side - as it has a peel off backing. That is their way of keeping you from having that rough edge of perforations.

Try the matte finish ones - they do look good. I print mine with an image of a painting. Ten different ones per page. People love looking through them and keeping a business card with the image they like!

Good luck.

Marsha --
Marsha Hamby Savage Art (http://marshasavage.artistnation.com)

Sumafra
09-08-2001, 02:03 AM
Thanks Marsha, I'll to try and find those.

Brownie
09-09-2001, 02:19 PM
Thanks so for the information. I just found the glossy ones while in MI (now back in FL), but I UPS'd them and need them by Wednesday, so I think I'll head out to look for the ones you mentioned that have the cleaner edges to them.
Amazing what one can learn from all of you, thanks again! Brownie/FL