Tamana
03-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Is she finished?

muchfoolishness
03-25-2004, 06:56 PM
probably

Tamana
03-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Well, I think that's a good choice in keeping with her meaning: the female of the species. It's strange because I think it's the illusion that maybe she's not quite finished (hmmm maybe some delicate down feathered out from her neck to cover the box somewhat < ---- just an initial thought, not a suggestion) that actually completes her. All that glisters is not gold; it's natural. Therein lays her strength: what you see is what you get.

She reminds me of the mercy seat; sturdy and encased by winged beauty: a truth that will hold up when all else fails. Not overtly decorated or vain, but humbly modest. I especially like the simple complexity of her reflective face, bright, and as though what is admiring her will see themself in a soft lighted way of acceptance. She doesn't clump around like the male; her wheels are for graceful moving.

She doesn't see; she feels. And there's a strong fragility behind her humor and playfulness.

It's brave to know when to stop despite the world. I probably would've kept going and lost the entire meaning behind overt plummage and decor...

muchfoolishness
03-25-2004, 07:58 PM
:) its hard to see three dimensional things in photos

but there is a globe
where eyes should be
illumination as opposed to absorbtion
a strange way to see

Tamana
03-25-2004, 08:14 PM
A tiny globe?! :D Yes, exactly!! She shines brightly in the world! :) What are her dimensions?

muchfoolishness
03-25-2004, 08:23 PM
i think the box is about
25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm

arourapope
03-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Plato believed that light came from the eyes, not that the eyes saw external light. I always found that idea fascinating....
And I almost painted a caryatid when I was doing the Aegean series. Something so haunting about them, standing silently, holding the buildings upon themselves, petrified and mute. This one has sprouted beautiful blue wings, with which to dive into the sky which arches over their heads... deep blue sky, stretching on forever, from cliff to cliff, from sea to sea, till the edges and the meanings of the edges are lost forever to time.

Tamana
03-25-2004, 08:32 PM
If 1 inch = 2.5 cm? Then 25cm would be about 10 inches? That's a pretty good size.

Plato - that IS fascinating, Aurora. We ARE the light of the world, perhaps. Anyway, well done, Michael. Thanks for the thoughts provokings, info and all...

muchfoolishness
03-25-2004, 08:35 PM
plato had some nice ideas

past the pillars of hurcules
and off the edge of the world

:)

Smileawhyl
03-25-2004, 11:44 PM
I've been waiting all day for the chance to say how much I love this new creation! You are the King of Found Things and the Savior of Broken Ideas! First, the wings, so beautiful copperblue
and delicate feet to creep and tiptoe
wistfully in its gentle existence.

But is was the orb, the soul eye
that made me want to touch it
talk to it
wonder what makes it tip its tail
at this way or that.

I can see it quietly investigating your suburban dream streets at night
watching and wondering
quietly existing except in tinsel toned flight.

I am fascinated by what you see in things
and how you intuit their proper proportions as "the whole of one".

Great note for pondering. Grand chord for redemption.

muchfoolishness
03-25-2004, 11:56 PM
what a wonderfilled response
thank you

AmyH
03-27-2004, 04:10 PM
that is cool

somerset
03-27-2004, 05:54 PM
The things I learn fromWC! Provocative work, Michael.

ejfarrae
03-30-2004, 03:55 PM
you rock.

ZOTMA
03-31-2004, 06:21 PM
missed this before
I'll add mine to the chorus
'indeed cool'
(then speech leaves me and I just enjoy)

muchfoolishness
03-31-2004, 08:20 PM
:) :) :)
a close up of looking

tiresiasaurus

Tamana
03-31-2004, 11:34 PM
Oh. I see.

It almost looks amphibious...blink.