with this one

latah,
o

16 x 20
mixed media
unstretched canvas

arourapope
03-24-2004, 03:20 PM
It works for me. It feels very dark and moody, kinda scary, kind of violent. Powerful stuff.

Lisaanne
03-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Very apocolyptic. Did you just watch the new zombie film?

Don't change a thing. It is perfect.

Tamana
03-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Still reminding me of Goya here for some reason; perhaps it's the mood? I am smiling to see you taking this new direction. It's a wonderful thing when an artist steps up from where they've been; and a delicate balance to retain the same.

I feel....proud of you for some reason.
That's pretty scary. Isn't it?

It might be that spring thing going around too.

ordie4
03-25-2004, 02:18 PM
aurora - thanks alot!

l-a, thanks, no thank you on the zombies though

tam - not sure about the goya,
but that is what is cool about
art. everyone interprets it in
their own mind's eyes. thanks
for the kind word! very nice of you!

o4

somerset
03-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Agree the sky is perhaps better integrated than in the previous but I did not have a problem with that one either. Hey! If space is becoming a problem for you, let me know :angel:

Saiorse
03-25-2004, 09:24 PM
I am not up on all the threads here about this series but I took a looK at "Protest" and I loved the sky............. maybe it's because I can see the anger in it but in this I see less anger? maybe more reslove? .....

ooops wine glass empty................

Smileawhyl
03-25-2004, 11:00 PM
I like the sky in "Protest" also. It is giving a mysterious edge to both as far as I am concerned. Is the sky causing the mayhem or is the mayhem causing the sky?

In this piece, or better yet, the next, I might exploit the multiplicative effect of the crowd by extending it in a grander sense of condensing and added more figures from the horizon, thus raising the horizon of the sky's appearance because the larger reflective areas of the figures closer to the front would still carry a sense of glowering sky overhead of them.

Glowering throngs induced to riot, or sky dyed and scuffed to vengeance. Both theories work with your exceptional style . . . exceptionally so!