PDA

View Full Version : the tide returns

DFGray
03-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Hi
Monday at Eaglecrest beach, critics "you know that painting will be worth something when you die", dogs, turnstones, oystercatchers, herring, bonapart, mew and california gulls, sea lions, eagles, plover, scoter, long tail ducks, teal, harliquin and a cat.
yesterday out at the Little Qualicum River with the herring roe smell

pastel, 30 x 40" plein air
regards
Dan
Black Brant also

Marty C
03-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Hi Dan,
I absolutely love your style, you bring so much life to a work. The colour in this is fabulous and knowing you do this plein air is even more impressive. Really nice depth in this, the composition draws you right in to try and penetrate those distant blues. Wonderful!

Helen
03-24-2004, 07:43 PM
It is a beautiful piece.

JamieWG
03-25-2004, 07:36 AM
Oooooh, Dan, what a good one! You sure work huge for plein air. How long did this one take you? Love your spot and setup as well. Are you still using the Golden primer on matboard? Do you color it with acrylic paint?

Jamie

Eugene Veszely
03-25-2004, 07:39 AM
I love the sky !!! :clap:

One of my favourite pieces :)

VeldaJ
03-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Great work Dan :clap:

mairrca
03-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Oh I wish I was there.

Alison Jardine
03-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Hi
Monday at Eaglecrest beach, critics "you know that painting will be worth something when you die", dogs, turnstones, oystercatchers, herring, bonapart, mew and california gulls, sea lions, eagles, plover, scoter, long tail ducks, teal, harliquin and a cat.
yesterday out at the Little Qualicum River with the herring roe smell

pastel, 30 x 40" plein air
regards
Dan
Black Brant also

Hi Dan
You have an eye-catching style, and your colours are so full of energy they make me want to run into the sea in your picture :-)

Looking forward to seeing more of your work,

ali

Minibrush
03-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Was just browsing the new forum and saw this! WOW! Love the sky, your style the colors, the composition and depth of field. Most of all I love the way it makes me miss the northwest coast.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Minibrush

CarolChretien
03-31-2004, 08:41 AM
WOW :eek: :clap:
just great work!

Drumbeat-trish
03-31-2004, 01:22 PM
Blimmey-and I thought you just did wonderful figures :D This is gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!

Leaflin
04-12-2004, 10:33 AM
:clap: Dan this is just gorgeous!!!! :clap:
Your colours are so rich and vibrant they sparkle.
Makes me want to be there (except for the herring roe smell :D )