PDA

View Full Version : Finished abstract

Pilan
03-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Well just want your feed back on the completed painting.

16x20 oil

thanks,

arourapope
03-24-2004, 03:16 PM
It's quite the pretty thing, Pilan. I like it very much. It's very hopeful.

Pilan
03-24-2004, 03:50 PM
okay Miss abstraction what would you think could make this better? tell me, tell me what I want to hear :music: :music: :music:

VieSaintSo
03-25-2004, 08:46 AM
Very "easter like", makes me want to organize an egg hunt!
i enjoy your colors softness aand forms.
Don't tell me you are not happy with it? :confused:

arourapope
03-25-2004, 08:56 AM
Are you referring to me? :confused: What makes you think I'd want to change it? I said I like it.

Pilan
03-25-2004, 11:35 AM
yes you! you ! you! :clap:

i was not going for PRETTY. ick what a word for an abstract. I want drama, dark, loud and boisterous emotional and fear :evil: . I am definately pregnant with drama. When my gestation period is over, I shall show you my product :D .

Are you referring to me? :confused: What makes you think I'd want to change it? I said I like it.

Pilan
03-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Sylvia, no, maybe this is the trouble, it does look like easter eggs. :mad:

I was not going for the easter egg look at all :mad:

I guess to get more dramatic and contrast I need to use more dramatic colors, i.e. blacks, red, oranges. it was not supposed to come out so softish. But, i did start it in church so, I guess I should not be too surprised. :angel:

thanks for the comments, now onto the next one. Just wait ha ha, I am in the mood for a real drama piece.

Pilan

Very "easter like", makes me want to organize an egg hunt!
i enjoy your colors softness aand forms.
Don't tell me you are not happy with it? :confused:

Tamana
03-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Why is pretty an 'ick' word for abstract? Are all abstracts indicative of 'dark, loud and boisterous emotional and fear'? Or, is this just what YOU particularly are going for? But, do not believe is necessary for abstracts in general? Just curious.

As far as your completion, the colors lost some of their vibrancy. I don't think it's the design. It's the pastel-look (?) combined with the design that lends the 'Easter' feel to it, I think, maybe. It does feel soft, like a morning sunrise, to me; not at all the boldness that the WIP possessed.

Perhaps it's the photo?

Pilan
03-25-2004, 02:18 PM
no, your right. I really am just hungry for something of drama. but the colors are pretty. I am just being playful ;)

actually my daughter said it reminded her of a holy sunrise and the mountains almost looked like little people in robes and veils praising the sun. :D

I'll go at it again.

thanks for your input Tamana

Why is pretty an 'ick' word for abstract? Are all abstracts indicative of 'dark, loud and boisterous emotional and fear'? Or, is this just what YOU particularly are going for? But, do not believe is necessary for abstracts in general? Just curious.

As far as your completion, the colors lost some of their vibrancy. I don't think it's the design. It's the pastel-look (?) combined with the design that lends the 'Easter' feel to it, I think, maybe. It does feel soft, like a morning sunrise, to me; not at all the boldness that the WIP possessed.

Perhaps it's the photo?

arourapope
03-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Pilan,
I see a painting full of spirituality and hope. I see beauty here. Perhaps if you really want drama (darkness? For beauty is quite dramatic, I think), paint one of similar size and hang them near each other? But don't knock yourself about for creating a "pretty" thing; the world can always use another bit of hope.

Pilan
03-25-2004, 08:41 PM
your sooooo sweet :angel: . thank you

have you ever saw a picture of sadness or horror that you felt compeled to show the drama of the focal point? I am starting to see things differently. Maybe this is what going on with me. hmmmm

Pilan,
I see a painting full of spirituality and hope. I see beauty here. Perhaps if you really want drama (darkness? For beauty is quite dramatic, I think), paint one of similar size and hang them near each other? But don't knock yourself about for creating a "pretty" thing; the world can always use another bit of hope.

Smileawhyl
03-25-2004, 11:24 PM
They came from the land
where the hills and rocks sang

The drama comes from the right. Who's hiding in those hills?

Great colors. Great motion!

Dahzl
03-26-2004, 07:25 AM
Hey Pilan - I like this too ! :D there is a lovely vibrancy and energy to it and reminds me more of a landscape of luscious fruit and vegetables-

Cheers Dahzl :D

P.S Also wanted to Thank you very much for your lovely Birthday greeting - thought I would do it here rather then pulling the thread back out again -
So Thank You :D :music: :music: :D

Pilan
03-26-2004, 12:15 PM
thanks Dahz, hope you had a great B day :) . fruits and vegies ehh, hmmm.. could be reflective of what I have been making my family eat recently. I love it when I am in control of the meals. I make them eat their greens yellows and reds :evil:

Hey Pilan - I like this too ! :D there is a lovely vibrancy and energy to it and reminds me more of a landscape of luscious fruit and vegetables-

Cheers Dahzl :D

P.S Also wanted to Thank you very much for your lovely Birthday greeting - thought I would do it here rather then pulling the thread back out again -
So Thank You :D :music: :music: :D

Maryem
03-27-2004, 06:26 PM
Yes, this is yummy - I want to EAT it (As a picnic while sitting on the patchwork hill).

Mary

madrigle
03-28-2004, 12:33 PM
I think this piece does show drama! The drama of emerging life, I see germination, seeds swelling, growth and renewal! LOVE IT!

James

Bill J
03-29-2004, 02:12 AM
the colors are outstanding!
bill

TeAnne
03-29-2004, 03:39 AM
It still reminds me of crystals :D

seven
04-23-2004, 04:56 PM
Ummmm... Yummy tooo.... getting the feeling i'd like to eat all those delicious fruit & vegtables, a lovely dinner in the mountians on a warm day or a cosy salad 'n veggie picnic in the warmth of the sun.....
seven