PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday March 24th Show Me!

Beads-Me!
03-24-2004, 10:26 AM
I really look froward to checking out the show and tell here and seeing all the wonderful items you are creating. The scarves are totally blowing me out of the water! More please?!?! ;)

Here's a necklace I made a couple of weeks ago that screams SPRING to me.. And maybe Spring has finally come to the frozen north - not a moment too soon!

beclectic
03-24-2004, 11:28 AM
That does look like spring, its a beauty with those flowing lines and soft colors. Reminds me of my beautiful climbing roses, they haven't even leafted out yet so it will be awhile.

We are all the way up in the 50s today - WooHoo.

I actually dreamed of standing barefoot in very green grass, now that is really longing for spring. :)

~>Barbara<~

TheBlueBetween
03-24-2004, 11:39 AM
That's pretty Nancy - I like the colors and I like how you get your necklaces to twist around like that. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but mine never stay - I have to twist them before I put them on.

Here is the necklace I made with some really nice lentils from Darla's Designs. I think I'm going to call it roses and tangerines or something like that... and I have a question - which photo do you think is better? Not quality, they are both bad, but style - do you like it on the neck or layed out so you can see the whole thing? Or both? I'm trying to figure out what would be best for my site. I like how clean the neck is, but a lot of my necklaces have pretty cool danglies on the clasp/chain that I'd like to show off.

:) Pam

SuzyQ
03-24-2004, 12:35 PM
OMG!!! I just discovered this forum on WC. Too cool. I love the s&t in glass but never get to play. I don't make glass beads, yet..... :) So here is what I am making these days. It is polymer clay with my photograph transfered on the back. I wholesale these and was just interviewed by Specialty Retail Report yesterday. Keep your fingers crossed they put me in their magazine! And, thanks for letting me share.

SuzyQ
03-24-2004, 01:14 PM
O.K. I got so excited and then the bus was here and well I forgot to say what I wanted to say!

Nancy, love that necklace!

Pam, great colors. I like the neck best. The drop off of white to black makes it look more 3D.

Speaking of pictures could mine be any more bright and contrasty! yuk! I guess I was just so excited about the sun finally shinning. :)

Backyard Beads
03-24-2004, 02:09 PM
Nancy...that is soooo purty! Makes me want a lemonade. great design!

Pam...love the lentils in the necklace. Looks like it will lay very nice.

Suzy....those are sweet. Clay is a mystery to me.

My beads did not sell on eBay....so.........

jacki
03-24-2004, 03:01 PM
Another winner Nancy! wonderful delicate colors.
I'm hoping you all get some spring soon! It is beautiful here, and flowers everywhere.
Pam, I love those colors! I like the pic on the neck, but want to see the clasp too! how about using one of the neck, and two on the side showing the clasp and the focal?
Welcome Suzy, this will be a great place to show your polymer beads. I would love to see a close view of the beads :) I am really interested in the photo transfer process.
What a nice set Manon! So does that mean you get to wear it? :)

Here are a couple more "Wraps" from my collection (uhhh that would be one of every color I took a fancy to when I am making them.....) These are made of organza, and have much more body than the chiffon.

snootyvixen
03-24-2004, 04:02 PM
I finally got up the nerve to turn on the soldering iron LOL! I've had the "copper foiled" version of two of these hanging around for a while but I realized that if I'm going to get anywhere with them I'd better use the soldering iron!

The center charm is 1" x 1" (and the "red glow" is a reflecton of something or other)

They're fairly popular now, so I may have missed the bandwagon, but when I first put them together they were new and fresh! LOL!!! My new motto is - stop procrastinating and just do it

Vikki

SuzyQ
03-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Jacki!!! Those are to die for! Tell me what you do, paint, dye? C'mon fess up! Trust me when I tell you I could never copy that!!! But you make me want to play.

For the image transfer, I'm happy to share what I know, just ask. I'm an image transfer freak. My husband jokes that if it will hold still long enough I'll plaster an image on it :) Perhaps I shouldn't have body-painted the Easter Bunnie's footprints on him in the middle of the night last spring....but the kids sure got a kick out of it.

For a closer view:
http://susansimages.com/jewelry/polymer_clay.cfm

Patch
03-24-2004, 04:39 PM
Jacki, your wraps are wonderful. Are you dying yourself? Before or after you felt them onto the fabric?

Great work everyone!:clap: :clap:

Patch

TheBlueBetween
03-24-2004, 06:07 PM
I just have to say I love this new forum!

SuzyQ, your pieces are great! I will want to ask you how you do that someday - I was thinking it would be really cool to take some of my kid's art and make some gifts for the grandmas and aunts with it one of these days. Good luck with the magazine too - that would be so cool!

Jacki, love the wraps :) Do you ever sell at Pike Place Market or the festivals at Seattle Center?

Vikki - I know there are some women over on RCB (rec.crafts.beads) who love this type of thing. I think there is still time to get into it ;)

And thanks for the opinions on the neck vs. whole view. I agree, I think I need to have the neck and then maybe a small image with the clasp.

lisilk
03-24-2004, 08:16 PM
Beadsme- Oooh, that's so springy fresh delicious ! Lovely colors.

Pam- Red jewelery is my fav ! I like the neck shot too.

SuzyQ- Polymer is so versatile. Best of luck with the article. I'd love to have you do an image transfer WIP in the Mixed Media forum sometime as there is a lot of interest in that.

Monon- Can't understand your beads not selling. They are wonderful. That set is very pretty.

Jacki- YUMMY ! :clap: ( POLEEEEEZE do a felting article ! I'll even help you edit it.)

Vikki- Love your charms. Those would be great for collages as well.

Here's yesterday's batch. Two still have resist on.

Li

Patch
03-24-2004, 08:47 PM
That red and blue scarf is absolutely wonderful Lisilk. The others too but that one in perticular I really love.
Great work
Patch

jacki
03-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Thanks for all the kind words!
Suzy and Patch, for the Wraps, I dye the silk first, then felt the dyed merino wool into the silk. Although I dye other types of wool, the merino is so fine, I like to buy it dyed. The color palette is so extensive, plus you can mix colors to get different effects.
Li--Beautiful! :) I love the hearts! I seem to be drawn to your batiks :)
Next time I make some of the wraps, I will do some WIP photos... I have been hooked on painting and resists this last month. cant quite break away from it yet. :rolleyes:

somk
03-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Great great jobs all !!
Jacki> your scraves are shimmering ! awesome !
Lisilk> Ok, I'm just drooling on my keyboard, those pieces are gorgeous.. this blue "vine" is so graceful ! Where is your website !!?

My 3 canadian cents contribution (no conversion needed :p), I know it should be a "Thanks Giving" brooch but for once, I'll be early !ah.
Design vaguely inspired from the Irish Book of Kells, the Sterling silver Turkey with garnet :)

Patch
03-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Your brooch is great Somk. I am already saving money so I can buy one from you....gladly, no money conversion :D Love all your work.
Patch

lisilk
03-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Patch, Jacki, and Somk- Thank you for your kind comments.

Jacki- Yeah, I'd really like to learn how to do that. You do it beautifully.

Somk- I love that turkey ! Puts a smile on my face. Definitely has a Celtic feel to the design.

I have been dragging my feet forever on building a website so Sassybird has so generously ( :angel: :angel: :angel: ) volunteered to make one for me. It should be up soon. I'll let you know.

Li

DonnaBee
03-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for posting them today! Just unbelievable!

snootyvixen
03-24-2004, 10:53 PM
I agree, Donna! I think everyone's work is absolutely superb - I wish I was clever with fabric, Grandma Tracie has a whole basement full of vintage fabrics and notions *sigh*

Vikki

DonnaBee
03-24-2004, 10:59 PM
Vikki, get your hands on the fabric and notions... we can use them to do handmade books... and I am determined to use fabric in jewelry... (I can't stand the sight of a sewing machine... but I LOVE and appreciate fabric!!!)

ringslingin
03-25-2004, 04:54 AM
*drumroll please*

OK, first let me say SORRY bout the crappy photo. I had to do this on my scanner, so the picture is horrible. I'm going out of town Friday and didn't have much time to fiddle around with it.

These are the earrings I made for the Double Buddy Earring Swap. The lampwork beads were made by dockhl/Kathy of bluesdawgcreations.com (sorry K for such a horrible pic of your wonderful beads!). I did the chain maille work and the wire wrapping. I used Clear AB & Montana Blue Swarovski & Bali spacers. The maille, wire, and ear hooks are all sterling.

I pasted on a "close-up" photo of what the weave looks like so you can get a better idea. Thanks to a CWJ forum member for the close-up pic.

Hope you likey!

Denise

snootyvixen
03-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Vikki, get your hands on the fabric and notions... we can use them to do handmade books... and I am determined to use fabric in jewelry... (I can't stand the sight of a sewing machine... but I LOVE and appreciate fabric!!!)

I love fabrics too - my Ma is an antique dealer in France and she often sends me the most wonderful vintage fabric pieces, which I use in my cigar box purses (hah! I say that like I make a lot of purses!) - I'm toying with the idea of using the old "frog" fasteners for purse closures too - *sigh* so many ideas, so little time!

Denise, very pretty earrings! I've been on an earring kick lately because it seems that all I can make are spacer beads! Playing with color combinations is fun, I'll photograph them later.

Vikki

artbabe21
03-25-2004, 11:50 AM
YOU GALS ROCK! what gorgeous work here!! Awesome eye candy!!

I didn't see this thread & posted some work in Tuesdays but have one more for here---beginner jewerly dabbler...:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Mar-2004/7568-dscn2683-black_bracelet.jpg

Cyndi L
03-25-2004, 07:38 PM
Oh man! I can't figure out how to attach just a thumbnail...Help!

Here's what I just made for spring ~ please forgive the large size picture:
http://www.mazeltovjewelry.com/pink-thing-sm.jpg

artbabe21
03-25-2004, 08:50 PM
welcome to WC! Cyndi!! I see you got the photo loaded OK....GORGEOUS work!! :D LOve all that seed bead work in there!

Cyndi L
03-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Thank you !

Yeah, I figured it out ~ I just hadn't scrolled down far enough :-)

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Ok, all you latecomers! No fair posting on past show and tells! I don't get auto updates on them!

Just post on the current daily thread, or if there isn't one, then by golly, make one yours! ;)

Be a thread hog. You know you want to!

~Danielle

beachbeads
03-30-2004, 02:58 AM
This is really nice Nancy.

I really look froward to checking out the show and tell here and seeing all the wonderful items you are creating. The scarves are totally blowing me out of the water! More please?!?! ;)

Here's a necklace I made a couple of weeks ago that screams SPRING to me.. And maybe Spring has finally come to the frozen north - not a moment too soon!

beclectic
03-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Oh man! I can't figure out how to attach just a thumbnail...Help!

Here's what I just made for spring ~ please forgive the large size picture:
http://www.mazeltovjewelry.com/pink-thing-sm.jpg

Beautiful work and I think the picture is just the right size. I find it hard to see the beautiful detail in a thumbnail.