PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Tube

Gillette
03-24-2004, 04:20 AM
This is my first ever surf scene.Painted in acrylic and 1000x750mm, today I entered it into the Albany art prize exhibition and will be very interested if I sell it,I shall miss it if I do as I've only recently finished it, and adore the ocean, however I now have the desire to paint more surf scenes. I will now try and attach it and hope I've got the size right. Gillette.
PS it took me about 8 tries, but it's now been accepted.

gnu
03-24-2004, 04:41 AM
wowee..great perspective!! perfect placement of the dark tones too...
I'm sure it will sell..go for it..love to see more

JamieWG
03-24-2004, 06:41 AM
I can almost feel the swell of that wave! Good luck with selling your painting. Keep us posted on how the show goes.

Jamie

Eugene Veszely
03-24-2004, 08:01 AM
Feels like you are in the tube...nice :)

Marty C
03-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi Gillette,
Welcome to Wet Canvas and to the Acrylics forum. Very nice to see another West Aussie on board from beautiful Denmark and with a similar interest in waves. Unmistakably The Bluff and very well done too, you have captured the intensity and speed of the wave. Great work. Good luck at the show.
PS, Check your PMs.

RhiannonJ
03-24-2004, 10:08 AM
Hi Gillette,
Welcome to Wet Canvas and to the Acrylics forum.

Err... Marty, last time I looked with was the Marine Art forum. :D

Rhi

RhiannonJ
03-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Great job, Gillette! Love the colours! Geez, seeing all these paintings of the ocean makes me wanna take a day trip! :D

Rhi

VeldaJ
03-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Gorgeous surf scene, Gillette. Good Luck with the show - I'm sure this one will sell.

mairrca
03-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Lovely painting. I think you have painted the surfer exceptionally well. congrats on getting it accepted into the art exhibition....I know what you mean about being sorry to see it leave. I get attached to some of my paintings too. :)

Marty C
03-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Err... Marty, last time I looked with was the Marine Art forum. :D

Rhi
DOH!
(with apologies to Homer)

brrice
03-24-2004, 09:27 PM
You can feel the force in that wave. I have never seen a painting like this before. Its great!. If I were a surfer I would want to buy it. I like how the eye is drawn in toward the surfer.

watercolorbill
03-25-2004, 03:04 AM
Wow! just a wonderful painting. I'm dizzy ! ;)

Gillette
03-25-2004, 03:53 AM
Thankyou all so much for your nice comments,it's very encouraging to know that others appreciate your efforts.When I can find them in my pc I'll send you some more of my seascapes, I have reduced them down, but they seem to be hiding from me at present.I should have been born much later then I would have grown up with pc's and also been able to 'do'the big surf.I did body surf years ago when I was English,on the northern Cornish beaches.
I'll be back.
Jane.

visiblesoul
03-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Hello Gillette-

Your treatment of moving water is beautiful. As a surfer myself I agree with brrice that any surfer would be proud to own that painting. The colors in the lip of the wave are something that I thought only surfers noticed. If this is your first surf scene I am even more impressed. :clap:

-DKC-

P.S. This is my first post at wetcanvas. Hello everyone. A good wave will draw 'em out of the woodwork. :)

Eugene Veszely
03-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Welcome visiblesoul :clap: